The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about Alliance Points, PvP Gear, and Rewards for the Worthy

skyprowerb14_ESO
I've posed this question a couple times on various campaigns (I tend to hop around both home and guest, to get a feel for how each campaign seems to do), but I've never really gotten a fully clear answer, so I wanted to ask here.

I understand that PvP has special equipment only available through it. The vendors at the High Rock gates have given me enough info on that - in particular I'm really interested in the Covenant Medium Armor gear, partly because of its set bonuses, but also because it's the only set in the game (in the Covenant, anyway) that uses the Fighters Guild style, and that's enough to motivate me to get it. At times during my occasional PvP jaunts, I'll end up with a couple mails titled Rewards for the Worthy, which in turn rewards me with a box of random equipment. My luck on these has varied from junk that I either sell or deconstruct (shields that are lower-quality than the one I'm already using and light armor clothing tend to be the most common finds for me), to the Eight smiling on me themselves (the VR2 Covenant Jack I'm currently wearing).

What I'm curious about is how exactly these Rewards for the Worthy messages are calculated. I understand that they're apparently tied to Alliance Points, but what confuses me is what points, since that could refer to three different things: my PvP money, the experience I get to increase my PvP rank, and the points that are displayed on the Leaderboard. I'm also not sure, depending on which of the three it is, the frequency of how the mails are sent out. For a while I had assumed that it depended on my rank experience points, with the mails being handed out for every, say, fourth of the way there you got, or something like that, but then the numbers didn't start to add up.
Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
(@SkyBlueFox1)
  • maholi
    maholi
    ✭✭✭
    It's all tied to alliance points. You get pvp alliance points for killing people, for repairing walls and doors, healing people who have killed people etc. Your rank is about the accumulation of alliance points. Spend the points the way you want. Buy siege to make MORE points by killing people. Buy pvp armor (although my understanding is it is better to craft your own since the prices are ridiculously high for each piece. And once you buy the rank 1 stuff... you are already rank 2 etc.)
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    maholi wrote: »
    (although my understanding is it is better to craft your own since the prices are ridiculously high for each piece. And once you buy the rank 1 stuff... you are already rank 2 etc.)

This is one of my worries, actually, since I'm nearing Veteran Rank 3 and I've only had my VR2 Covenant Jack for less than a day. My crafted jack has more armor-rating and without other Covenant pieces the jack is obsolete. If my luck turns and I get more medium Covenant items, then I'd get the health bonus at least and that'd be that, but the likelihood of that is, well, up to chance.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
  • Oldmanlawlor
    Oldmanlawlor
    ✭✭✭✭
    My apologies for the Necro.

But i'm looking for this answer myself and no where has it.

What triggers rewards if the worthy? How many AP are needed to trigger it?
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    20k AP gets you a reward bag

I would strongly recommend you get yourself to v16 before spending any AP. Make yourself some gear every few levels on the way to v16 from th crafting sets -- low level mats are cheap. Once you're v16, spend a bit of time figuring out your class before you spend money and AP on gear.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    20k AP gets you a reward bag

I would strongly recommend you get yourself to v16 before spending any AP. Make yourself some gear every few levels on the way to v16 from th crafting sets -- low level mats are cheap. Once you're v16, spend a bit of time figuring out your class before you spend money and AP on gear.

Also wait till they raise the level of the vendor bags/items to v16, with the exception of the weekend vendor all those items you can buy are still v14 and effectively useless outside of some very specific circumstances.