Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!"

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooo oo oooo. Cake.

Oh the whiskers - so sticky!

This one wonders. If others have cake and those ones do not eat all the cake would Khajiit be able to borrow unwanted cake and eat it all herself?

Cake, cake and belly ache!

Khajiit is pleased yes.

Yours with crumbs on her paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get some info @ZOS_GinaBruno? Does this buff last all week? Does it last an hour and you can use it repeatedly for the entire week? Does it stack with other cake buffs?

So many questions and very few answers so far. :disappointed:.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that the XP buff is optional.

Some of use LIKE to level slow and see everything. Thanks, ZOS, for not forcing the fast leveling on us obsessive completionists!
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    I like the event.

One question still. Is this thing account-wide or I need to login all 8 chars and fill their bellies individually ?
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    Zaenidd wrote: »
    thx for gift but wait....i'm already at 620+ champion points...

why zos are you only thinking at new/low level players ?

Ive been playing since it launched and I still have yet to hit half way to cap much less the cap. Remember not everyone is able to live in the game. So a lot of us would really appreciate the xp boost. Not just new or low level characters.

i have no problem with players enjoying the game at the rythm they like (some of my guildmates are like you since the beginning and around 300cp)

but do the same and watch people who will always be above cap at each dlc, this kind of gift is just useless for us
    Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought is that there are "slices" of the cake, so you'd get 8 buffs - maybe 2 hours at a time?
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ive been playing since it launched and I still have yet to hit half way to cap much less the cap. Remember not everyone is able to live in the game. So a lot of us would really appreciate the xp boost. Not just new or low level characters.

i have no problem with players enjoying the game at the rythm they like (some of my guildmates are like you since the beginning and around 300cp)

but do the same and watch people who will always be above cap at each dlc, this kind of gift is just useless for us

So be happy for those it is useful for?
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I am off to quest and NOT turn the quests in until Monday night :-) Mmm... yummy XP.
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, more questions here:

If you eat the cake, will you still have the cake in your mementos?

Also, I, too, have questions RE how to share this, does each toon have to relog, etc.

Finally, how can we "make" Anniversary Cakes in-game? Or do you want pictures of actual meatspace cakes made by ESO players? Me confused.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many alts to level still. I think I'm -really- going to enjoy this cake!

Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!

Two years ago today, we opened the PC and Mac megaservers to everyone for Early Access. It was so exciting to see you all step foot into our world for the first time and experience everything ESO had to offer! Just over a year later, we unleashed ESO to the console world and launched on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. After years of [in-game] blood, sweat, and maybe a few tears, there is nothing more satisfying and thrilling than to see thousands of players enjoying the game we’ve created.

Be sure to check out the article linked above to see all the events we have in store for you. Enjoy!

@ZOS_GinaBruno As others have noted, can you explain how the XP buff works in more detail because the description doesn't really specify whether the XP Boost lasts 'all week' when you complete the cake quest or if it is limited duration based upon when you actually 'consume' the cake? Also, whether or not the buff is in effect for ALL account characters or limited to the one who actually completes the cake quest?!?
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capsaica wrote: »
    My guess is that the buff only lasts for a set amount of time once you activate it, not for the whole week. Why else would they make it share-able within a group? A whole week of XP-stacking sounds pretty tasty though! Glad to see they're doing an anniversary event this year.

Why is it shareable? Because they also said it STACKS with other buffs... which means a group could obtain a huge amount of XP. Some have speculated that with the upcoming VR removal, they are trying to help players who aren't at CP cap yet to be able to reach the cap. Again, that's speculation... but I'm hoping Gina can shed more light on this, because the anniversary advertisement really isn't clear about how long the buff last because it says, "once the week is over the magic is gone" from the cake... so it almost implies the 'magic' buff will last the entire week.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    This is actually really neat. I wish Zenimax would do these kind of events more often! :) I don't care about the xp bonus, but about the new memento (that's if this is the only time players will be able to get it, at least).
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • Reicta
    Reicta
    Any chance the game will go on sale for this? My graphics card failed so I want to switch to console, but just missed the massive sale for the recent Thieve's Guild launch. The game is worth full price but I'll be a little miffed if I won't ever have a chance to get the Premium Edition on sale for $50 again. Was a nice price.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a great two years, looking forward to a great couple more!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

alts exist. nuff said
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news, in-game events coming. Quest, reward, double exp. I like that direction. We hope more events, and more variety coming.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats for two year anniversary, I surely will take part for cake fest!
  • Haydenmango
    Haydenmango
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats on 2 years!

Also....
    ZOS should hire some employees to control super strong world boss monsters that roam around Cyrodiil killing zergs to fix the lag! Please and thank you. o:)
    Haydenmango V16 Magicka Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact PC/NA

I PvE AND PvP!

I stream on twitch sometimes - https://www.twitch.tv/haydenmango/profile
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years WOW, here's to 2 more

• SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grindathon
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the same boat, at Champion Rank 692... It is what it is, as is everything else... *refrains from drifting off-topic*
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great I take my first holidays in 2 years and you annouce this but I'm in Africa... Get me outta here!!!

I would really love access to this, can you email it so I can complete quest on my return?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • skrigger
    skrigger
    ✭✭✭
    Great! Hoping to get a slice of that cake ;)
    Happy anniversary!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!

Two years ago today, we opened the PC and Mac megaservers to everyone for Early Access. It was so exciting to see you all step foot into our world for the first time and experience everything ESO had to offer! Just over a year later, we unleashed ESO to the console world and launched on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. After years of [in-game] blood, sweat, and maybe a few tears, there is nothing more satisfying and thrilling than to see thousands of players enjoying the game we’ve created.

Be sure to check out the article linked above to see all the events we have in store for you. Enjoy!

@ZOS_GinaBruno As others have noted, can you explain how the XP buff works in more detail because the description doesn't really specify whether the XP Boost lasts 'all week' when you complete the cake quest or if it is limited duration based upon when you actually 'consume' the cake? Also, whether or not the buff is in effect for ALL account characters or limited to the one who actually completes the cake quest?!?

Yes, apologies for the delay (been out sick with a wicked fever!). The XP boost you receive from the cake will last for 2 hours, but can be re-used infinitely throughout the week. If you eat a slice of cake before the buff expires, it will not stack with itself; it will simply refresh the buff. It can also be shared with all your group members, meaning if someone in your group doesn't have the cake, they can still eat yours to get the buff.

Also, once you get your cake, it can be used by all characters on your account since it's a Memento.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still think it should have been a pie.
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, apologies for the delay (been out sick with a wicked fever!). The XP boost you receive from the cake will last for 2 hours, but can be re-used infinitely throughout the week. If you eat a slice of cake before the buff expires, it will not stack with itself; it will simply refresh the buff. It can also be shared with all your group members, meaning if someone in your group doesn't have the cake, they can still eat yours to get the buff.

Also, once you get your cake, it can be used by all characters on your account since it's a Memento.

If it's a memento, will it be treated like one in Cyrodiil as you cannot use any mementos in Cyrodiil?
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Elsir wrote: »

If it's a memento, will it be treated like one in Cyrodiil as you cannot use any mementos in Cyrodiil?

Correct - you will need to buff up before you step into any PvP area.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this sounds very cool but the links don't seem to be working for me
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidtxr wrote: »
    All this sounds very cool but the links don't seem to be working for me

@davidtxr
    To celebrate ESO's two year anniversary, we're welcoming Chef Donolon to Tamriel. This esteemed master of baked treats is known across Tamriel for his delicious cakes. We've heard that Chef Donolon is trying out a new recipe for a Jubilee Cake, which we're confident you'll want to try. All you need to do is bring him a voucher for the cake. One slice of his decadent creation and you'll earn twice as much Experience in-game! Must be all that sugar…

We want to make sure you're ready for this special event – read below for all the details:
    • The event will begin at 7:30pm EDT on April 4, and conclude at 7pm EDT on April 10. Everyone will be able to participate, regardless of platform or megaserver.
    • When you first log in, you'll be presented with an announcement screen informing you of a free voucher for a cake in the Crown Store.
    • Once you open the Crown Store and retrieve the voucher, your quest – Ache For Cake – will begin.
    • After the quest is complete, you'll receive your reward – a Jubilee Cake, which will be placed in your Mementos collection.
    • You and anyone in your group will be able to enjoy the cake and receive a 100% XP buff. This buff stacks with all other XP buffs!
    • Once the week is over, you'll retain the cake as a special keepsake but its magic will be gone.
    Now, we're betting that many of you are great bakers. After all, you've had so much practice while leveling up your Provisioning skill line. We'd love to see your Jubilee Cake recipes, and if you're feeling extra ambitious, send us a picture of your completed cake! We'll choose some of our favorites to share on our official Facebook and Twitter pages, and treat random submissions to something special.

In addition to these activities, we'll be doing random giveaways on our ESO social media channels throughout the week; be sure to keep an eye out!

Thanks to each and every one of you for joining us on this journey, and we look forward to the years ahead with you in Tamriel!

Also try CTRL + F5 on the page, sometimes it works if your cache is being a butt.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord