Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bahraha's Curse

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
Awesome set.. really digging it.. wasn't expecting it to be this nice and useful for PvP.. even if they fix the bug with it, it'll still be a nice set imho.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where does it drop and is it bound?
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theives Guild quest drop armor and jewelry BoE
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guild Traders.. very cheap.. or Dungeon Finder reward.. or Thieves Guild quest.

Jewelry is less interesting, since it's max blue quality.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whats the bug anyway?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just googled to see if it was already stated somewhere and found another issue that the set had on PTS with the 4th piece bonus, but think that got fixed (though I haven't verified).

Anyway it's not as drastic as that PTS reported issue where all damage was reduced by 40%. It seems that the heal you get out of the set isn't exactly as the text describes, ie it states:
    Your damage abilities have a 25% chance to create desecrated ground for 5 seconds, snaring enemies within for 70%, damaging them for 830 Magic Damage every 1 second and healing you for the damage done.

I've seen my combat log report much bigger heals.. but now that I read it, it might be that the combat log addon is reporting the combined heal value (though the builtin SCT reports the same heal value).. ie if somebody stays 5 seconds in the trap, it would do 5*830 damage which could explain the 2-4k heal ticks I'm seeing... so maybe it's the game combining the heals into 1.. or maybe it's actually bugged.

But, like I said, even without the heal, it's a nice set.. much better in design imho than the usual give +600 extra WP, or explode people for 15k dmg.

FWIW, running 1 Kena, 2 Leki's, 3 Endurance (could use Agility, but am on non-CP, so need the regen), 5 Bahra's. 2H/DW setup.

Could move 1 endurance to the DW Offhand and use a Leki ring/neck, which would give more stamina, but loose 1 stam regen while on 2H bar.
    Edited by Docmandu on March 30, 2016 10:48AM
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about using it, but am not totally sold on the idea yet. I just don't see how it would be worth it, but I might change my mind eventually.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    I was thinking about using it, but am not totally sold on the idea yet. I just don't see how it would be worth it, but I might change my mind eventually.

Its not game changing but its is fun, if there wasnt jewelry with the set I dont think i would have bothered, or if it was like 10 percent chance to proc, but 25 percent is quite good. best thing is the set is quite cheap to buy "ATM" atleast , even if you end up not using the set all the time is nice to have as you can move it around to other toons if you happen to have toons at the same lvl.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Guild Traders.. very cheap.. or Dungeon Finder reward.. or Thieves Guild quest.

Jewelry is less interesting, since it's max blue quality.

Is the difference between blue and purple jewelry really that large?
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    20 points into the stat for the given item is all, so a blue jewerly is 820 instead of 840 for either the robust, arcane, or health stay bns. So no... It isn't that big of a change, especially since you can enchant them with gold glyphs that give you a max enchant value.
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    don't stand in fire?

...good for killing unawares PVPers their first time in Cyrodiil
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apoxsee wrote: »
    20 points into the stat for the given item is all, so a blue jewerly is 820 instead of 840 for either the robust, arcane, or health stay bns. So no... It isn't that big of a change, especially since you can enchant them with gold glyphs that give you a max enchant value.

It will also impact the set boni afaik.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    don't stand in fire?

...good for killing unawares PVPers their first time in Cyrodiil

It's a decent ranged snare that also heals you. It's a 70% snare, which is quite high, so either they roll dodge out of it, or eat at least 2 ticks, healing you for anywhere from 1600 to 4000 health (yeps I've had 4k heals from it, which is like a full length rally on non-CP).

I tried the set as gimmick since it was cheap.. wasn't expecting it to be that useful, but actually liking the set a lot.. esp with 41 meter javelins :-)

Throw a spear into a zerg ball and voila insta full health!

Pity the set doesn't come in impen though.
    Edited by Docmandu on March 30, 2016 3:51PM
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those interested, here's a thread I made testing what procs the set (there's also good discussion throughout): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/253759/bahrahas-curse-set-testing-and-theorycrafting/p1

My experience with it in PvP was mixed. I was in a CP campaign, though so that could be why. The damage was very weak (hit players for 100-350 per tick), so the heal was similarly weak. That leaves the snare as the remaining utility of the 5pc bonus, but the radius is small enough to roll dodge out of it or walk out of it in a couple ticks; not to mention, if you or NBs nearby are using fear it will drive people off the proc.

But, people don't seem to move out of it as much as I thought they would, perhaps because it is a new looking effect and is kind of greenish-blue (as opposed to red/orange/yellow that typically alert to danger). It's also super easy to proc, you can almost count on it in some cases. I like the set, but overall I think it has more potential for PvE. My survivability was better by just stacking regen and spell damage instead of trying to make the 5pc proc work.
    Edited by ThatNeonZebraAgain on March 30, 2016 4:26PM
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be an "overflow" issue with shields, wouldn't be the first time, ie.

CgEJ7RR.png

Haven't really paid attention if there was always a shield stacker when the heal is >2k. Image shows a weak hit 339 dmg giving a 2319 heal.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean.. don't get why people don't like this set :smile:

FBjCpOI.png
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usMwnlC.png

2 nice 4764 heals
    Edited by Docmandu on March 30, 2016 9:25PM
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Ok.. Ok. You like the set, we get it OP.
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with it in PvP was mixed. I was in a CP campaign, though so that could be why. The damage was very weak (hit players for 100-350 per tick), so the heal was similarly weak.

As you can see from the screen caps, the heal doesn't correlate with the damage at times. Still wonder if it's a bug or a feature. Did you ever notice anything off with the heal values when you were testing? Either way, it doesn't match the description of the 5th bonus.
    It happens too often to be a fluke.
    Edited by Docmandu on March 30, 2016 10:27PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apoxsee wrote: »
    Ok.. Ok. You like the set, we get it OP.

Don't click on the thread if you don't care about the testing.. You should be able to manage that.
    Edited by Docmandu on March 30, 2016 10:27PM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno bug or feature?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Awesome set.. really digging it.. wasn't expecting it to be this nice and useful for PvP.. even if they fix the bug with it, it'll still be a nice set imho.

i'v been using it with the lich crystal monster set as well, in AoE situations using icey/lightning blockade, liquid lightning and procs from dark shards whenever they happen, i can obliterate packs of mobs and do a hefty bunch of damage on PvP Zergs
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.