The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worth buying PVP Gear?

Obliterate
Obliterate
✭✭✭
I'm V2 almost V3, I have a fair amount of alliance points, is it worth me buying the gear in PVP?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could throw down some AP on gear, but it's not really the best bang for your AP. I would recommend just buying the motifs to sell for lots of gold and then crafting yourself a smooth set of impenetrable gear on the cheap.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    How much are those motifs worth mate? Also the crafting just confuses the hell out of me

I think so far my clothing and blacksmithing are around 25 so that's an issue right? Leveling them up now, but the whole system just confuses me :'(
    Edited by Obliterate on March 30, 2016 12:36PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The motifs go for ~ 120k - 150k gold each on PC NA. Even if you can't or don't want to craft yourself, you should be able to find someone easily to craft all of your pieces for a total investment of 5-10k gold.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    It's difficult because I'm on console, can barely talk to anyone. It's not that I don't want to craft but I don't understand the system, haven't since I started.

Motifs, traits, mimics and all the other *** I just don't understand
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your console and server? I can do 6 traits on light and medium if you need stuff.

Basically the number of traits researched on each piece defines what sets you can create e.g. Hunding's, NMGaze and Julianos all require any 6 traits learned so when crafting you can have any of those traits on the pieces.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on March 30, 2016 12:53PM
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 EU, please be in my server :(
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just messaged you on PSN.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome man I finish work at 5 I'll be on shortly after, thanks :)
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem. As I put in the message, I don't need cash but I'd need the materials at your level (as I'd have to buy them), sapphire if you want divines (as I have loads of everything else) and elegant lining if you want them purple (again as I have loads of green and blue improvements)
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on March 30, 2016 1:48PM
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Really no idea what I have, I have about 20k cash I think and lots of materials, I just don't know if they're the right materials.
    Edited by Obliterate on March 30, 2016 2:09PM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Message me on PSN when you're online and once you tell me what you want I'll let you know what you need.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Cool ill give you a message when I'm on just after 5, I need decent gear to PVP in (I'm really close to V3) Stamina Templar, all attributes in stamina. I seem to run out of stamina alot so anything to counteract that, at the moment I'm all heavy, I need medium I think.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah medium is what you need. I'll google what sets as I'm not familiar with Templars but if it's straight dps then it may be the same as NBs
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    I'm online now mate are you on?