The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dragonstar Weekly Rewards Question

MrTarkanian48
MrTarkanian48
✭✭✭✭
So I never really got into Dragonstar since the content was outdated by the time I reached max level. Also all the gear that drops is V14 or lower so it did not seem worth it.

I was wondering what drops in the weekly rewards however. Do the rewards scale to V16? Can you get gold V16 footmans or healer through the weekly rewards?
Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
Altmer NB (DPS)
Imperial DK (Tank)
Redguard DK (DPS)
Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, you will be unable to receive vr16 versions of Footman and Healer. The good news is, however, that the weekly leaderboard reward for vDSA is the new gear: Twilight Remedy, Lunar Bastion, Alkosh, etc.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you will be unable to receive vr16 versions of Footman and Healer. The good news is, however, that the weekly leaderboard reward for vDSA is the new gear: Twilight Remedy, Lunar Bastion, Alkosh, etc.

I just looked at the patch notes, but did not see anything about this. Is there any place where they have a definitive list of which gear sets drop in the weekly rewards for vDSA? I am just trying to figure out if there is anything worthwhile.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just looked at the patch notes, but did not see anything about this. Is there any place where they have a definitive list of which gear sets drop in the weekly rewards for vDSA? I am just trying to figure out if there is anything worthwhile.

From the PC Patch Notes 2.3.5:
    New and Updated Item Sets
    We’re introducing new item sets which will be available from a variety of sources:
    3 new crafted item sets, available exclusively at the crafting stations in Abah’s Landing.
    2 new non-crafted item sets, available from Thieves Guild daily quests, the Grouping Tool reward boxes, or rarely from Thieves Guild world bosses.
    3 older non-crafted sets, revamped and available from the new Treasure Troves.
    4 new non-crafted sets, available from Maw of Lorkhaj as a drop, or from the weekly Trial leaderboards.
    3 older non-crafted sets, revamped and available from Maw of Lorkhaj as a drop.
    6 new Alliance War item sets, available from Rewards of the Worthy mails and Alliance War leaderboards, as well as the new Alliance War vendor.

The four sets referenced here are:
    Lunar Bastion
    Moondancer
    Roar of Alkosh
    Twilight Remedy
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1704/24783214746_c79ca84f42_b.jpg

ZOS didn't afford us the convenience of putting the four sets they referenced in the same patch notes, I had to seek aid from the almighty Google to put them together.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 30, 2016 3:39PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly its useless crap like staves of stamina sets etc.
    yKo7azZ.png
    Its scaled to vr16 though.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call it crap, personally. But I think by "crap" you mean getting like a staff of Alkosh or something, in which case yes, that it total crap!

The sets themselves I think are very attractive, and I'm looking forward to completing them. I'm particularly interested in Twilight Remedy, which will pair very nicely with SPC on my healer, and the benefit stacks with Agg. War Horn if I'm not mistaken, which means even moar damage!
    Edited by Autolycus on March 30, 2016 3:47PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't call it crap, personally. But I think by "crap" you mean getting like a staff of Alkosh or something, in which case yes, that it total crap!

The sets themselves I think are very attractive, and I'm looking forward to completing them. I'm particularly interested in Twilight Remedy, which will pair very nicely with SPC on my healer, and the benefit stacks with Agg. War Horn if I'm not mistaken, which means even moar damage!

My drop is ok, but my teammates got staff of Alcosh and defending mace of something else. That's what I meant.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My drop is ok, but my teammates got staff of Alcosh and defending mace of something else. That's what I meant.

Oh yeah, nothing like running competitively and earning a good spot on the boards, just to get a useless reward. It's almost as bad as the Undaunted sets in the chests, which recently started making a reappearance, as if people will use them now. But at least that's a daily joke, not a weekly one. It's are less amusing to get that from the LBs.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd agree that the Twilight Remedy could be good. Not 100% sold on any of them though.

Ok, so hypothetically, if you make the leaderboard you will get 1 gold item from one of these 4 sets?

All the sets include jewelry, correct?

Are these all BOP or BOE?
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly its useless crap like staves of stamina sets etc.
    yKo7azZ.png
    Its scaled to vr16 though.

looks like BOP from this screenshot...
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really wish they'd at least scale up the master weapons....
    Invictus
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd agree that the Twilight Remedy could be good. Not 100% sold on any of them though.

Ok, so hypothetically, if you make the leaderboard you will get 1 gold item from one of these 4 sets?

All the sets include jewelry, correct?

Are these all BOP or BOE?

They do come in jewelery, yes, and they are all BoP.
    You are guaranteed to get a piece from one of these sets if you secure a LB spot. It is not guaranteed, however, that you will get a piece that is useful (e.g. Lightning Staff of Alkosh).

As a matter of opinion, I think the Twilight Remedy set is the most attractive 5-set. 3 rings of Alkosh could very well replace 3 rings of Agility imho, and the same goes for Willpower and Moondancer. This is, of course, predominantly, if not exclusively, in a trial setting. The 3-set of Lunar Bastion looks pretty cool too, and I will eventually try it in my tank setup, but I'm not certain that it will be better. I'd most likely stay with 5 Footman, 5 Tava, and 2 Blood Spawn, which results in lots and lots of Agg. War Horns for the group.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 30, 2016 4:04PM
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand why all this stuff is BOP, but then all the PVP Rewards of the Worthy are BOE...

Really wish they would do away with the whole BOP system
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4