Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

V1-V16 How long did it take you?

Obliterate
Obliterate
✭✭✭
How long did it take everyone to get from V1-V16, I ask because I literally got to V1 having played about a week or so, now its super slow well it feels it anyway, I guess I'm not questing as much kind of bored of quests. I'm now V2, almost V3 but I'm dreading the next 13 levels....

Also some tips on getting V16 fast? I was grinding in IC last night and even that seemed slow..
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcohol.
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't remember exactly, maybe about 2-3 months, playing anywhere between 1-8 hours a day, and going to uni and doing projects/life on the side. I remember I reached v16 at the start of Alik'r (playing AD).
    Reaching v16 was never a goal for me as such, because everyone reaches it eventually. I was much more focused on just questing and having fun :blush: I was much happier when I got the achievement Monster Hunter than I was when I reached v16 :tongue:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done 7 vet levels in a weekend but did use 5 exp scrolls , you just have to find the best places to grind at for you level and area and it's even better if you can find someone at your level to grind with you as your get extra exp , I personally don't think Ic is a great place to grind at that level
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Can you suggest anywhere? Currently V2 almost V3, also how much did you play that weekend ;p

Also I seem to be low on skill points, have I missed a lot of quests? ;s
    Edited by Obliterate on March 30, 2016 8:32AM
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    The areas you will have to google , I played about 7 hrs each day over that weekend you best bet and this is how I've done most of mine are just do the main quest line in each zone as they give you skill points , do all the delves , world bosses that you can manage and dolmans for each zone I skip all the other side quests and then find a grind spot for that zone , doing the local dailes in Cyrodill gives reasonable exp as well , if you have the gold buy some exp pots from guild stores can pick them up for around 3000-4000 gold they can give a little boost too
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Hm ok man thank you. How do I know which are the main quests? I'm on console so things seem a pain in the ass
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    4 days or less if you really want it.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Even if I only have around 5 hours or less each day apart from weekends? I get back from work at 5PM lol
    Edited by Obliterate on March 30, 2016 8:50AM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably took me about a week. Really though, as long as you get there before Dark Brotherhood comes then you're fine.
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭

www.uesp.net › wiki › Online:Quests
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you haven't already got an abundance of cash, high level crafts and guild AOE abilities: you may be better off grinding for them on the way to V16 - either within your grind or spending half hour to an hour each day on these.

I spent ~800k gold (in additional to my already acquired materials) for my legendary V16 gear so it's good to start saving. If you're grinding then try and do it where there's creatures so you can collect raw mats that drop and refine them for the D Wax once you can max out the extraction passives. If you're not grinding then just spend half an hour each day in a low level creature farming spot for the same result. Then either use them for your V16 gear (if you're light or medium armour) or sell and use the cash to buy T Alloy (if you're heavy armour).

Decon everything you find that isn't a set piece (sell these via guild traders) as these will help to get your crafts up to 50 which is good for farming V16 mats.

AOE abilities (notably caltrops, meteor & I presume magic detonation) are extremely helpful in Vet & nDSA/MA content so it's worth investing the time - when you can - in getting these up. For the Alliance stuff, just jump in Arena and try and get in a group as this gives good AP, decent enough XP and also a good balance of PvE which regularly drop items to decon.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still vet 1.... The end.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Lol how long have you been vet one :D
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I needed around 1 year. But only bc V16 was introduced ~1 year after i got V1 :lol:
    It's a lot faster nowadays and you can collect TV-stones/money while leveling to get your equipment even faster. And even if you don't level to v16...with DB-DLC ZOS will remove vetranks, so you'll be maxlevel anyways
    Noobplar