The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

64 bit client - crashing, forcing reboot

Tinolyn
Tinolyn
✭✭✭
There is clearly a problem with the 64-bit client.

I have done a number of changes to try to stabilize it (things that work for the 32-bit client) but this has not fixed the problem.

In short, the 64 bit client just crashes on load. Often, I cannot alt tab out to close the window. If I can, I click "close window" and it does nothing. Music is playing in the background, but it's not doing anything otherwise. In these cases, I have to reboot the PC.

This occurs either on first load, or more commonly, as I'm switching between characters. I'll either get to an endless "requesting character load" from the character screen, or it will go to a loading screen and freeze.

Things I've done:

* Set 64 bit to run as administrator, no change.
* Set 64 bit to run Windows 7 compatibility, no change.
* Repaired the client, no change.
* Defragged computer, no change.
* Allowed ESO through Windows firewall and whitelisted in Avast, no change.

Computer specs:
AMD FX-8350, 8 cores, 4 GHz
GeForce GTX 960, 2GB RAM
1 TB regular HDD
8GB RAM

To clarify. No problems whatsoever on the 32-bit client. I will stop using 64 bit until it is stabilized. I do not think it should have been released in this state.
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    The 2.3.8 patch did not resolve at least one of the issues: Endless loading screens/crashing while switching between characters.

For reference, this is PC-NA server and a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS.
  • rowdy45_ESO
    If anything it is worse after today, you have to log out and back in to change characters more than twice.