The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Dk and Val Skoria Shoulders?

oburn
oburn
Ok so I just got my first monster piece from gold key, it was a Heavy Shoulders of Val Skoria with Inpen on it. Is Val Skoria viable piece for PvP or should I just stick with my 5 Piece Kags, and 4 piece Mag with S/B?
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry are you asking if 1 piece is viable or the set?
  • oburn
    oburn
    paul_j wrote: »
    Sorry are you asking if 1 piece is viable or the set?

Yeah I don't have any monster sets at the moment except for today I got the Skoria Shoulders from gold key, wondering if it's viable for pvp on a Magika DK
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    Guess it depends whether you want more health or recovery. I'd stick with 4 piece mag for the recovery but up to you
  • oburn
    oburn
    paul_j wrote: »
    Guess it depends whether you want more health or recovery. I'd stick with 4 piece mag for the recovery but up to you

Ok thanks
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will need the helm to get the meteor passive -- the helm drops from veteran City of Ash. It doesn't have to be the pledge; there is always a chance to get the helm when you finish the dungeon. If you only have the shoulders, the only bonus you'll receive is to health, which is not worth giving anything up for. With both pieces, though, I would say it's absolutely worthwhile for pvp!

(Sorry if you already knew this, just wanted to make sure!)
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • oburn
    oburn
    You will need the helm to get the meteor passive -- the helm drops from veteran City of Ash. It doesn't have to be the pledge; there is always a chance to get the helm when you finish the dungeon. If you only have the shoulders, the only bonus you'll receive is to health, which is not worth giving anything up for. With both pieces, though, I would say it's absolutely worthwhile for pvp!

(Sorry if you already knew this, just wanted to make sure!)

Thank you
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oburn wrote: »
    Ok so I just got my first monster piece from gold key, it was a Heavy Shoulders of Val Skoria with Inpen on it. Is Val Skoria viable piece for PvP or should I just stick with my 5 Piece Kags, and 4 piece Mag with S/B?

I didn't think Skoria would be that viable in PvP...until I used it...lol. It basically gives you some openings to land your burst combos and gets which helps a ton because we don't have en execute. You just have to time it right. It's also VERYYYY useful for bringing groups of players around corners and just locking them down in talons and a Shooting Star/Deep Breath/Proxy Det/Skoria Meteor combo =)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoria is back with a vengeance this patch, that is for sure, but you need a two piece for the meteor to proc. I do actually run one piece on my sorc in PVP, but it is unusual circumstances. I run 5 Julianos (or kags depending), 3 willpower, 1 Kena, and Maelstrom Destro/Resto. For me, I have one free slot so a Skoria piece for the health makes sense (not a fan of 2 piece kena in PvP). I wouldn't mess with it on your build. If you got the helm, you could run 2 piece Skoria, 5 kagrenacs, and 2 torugs for weapons to get the extra spell damage.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a DK you've got access to a wide variety of DoTs. Some AoE ones, like Volatile Armour, Engulfing Flames and Burning Talons. Some single target ones, like Burning Embers and Entropy.

If you stack these on enemies skoria will proc a LOT, and it helps a ton for additional pressure. Ive been running 2 piece skoria for a while now and it's been worth it for sure. You are missing out on other great sets like bloodspawn though, so you have to decide for yourself