The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC vs PS4 crown prices

BloodWolfe
BloodWolfe
✭✭✭✭
I know currently PS4 is getting a 40% discount but the standard price for 5500 crowns on PS4 is $39.99 when I check on the playstation store (normal, not current sale price) but PC is $49.99 for 5500 crowns.

Whats with pc costing $10 more? I recently wanted to come back and I can't play on ps4 and enjoy it. I miss the addons and being able to type in chat because the console voice chat just sucks (imo) but when I saw the $10 difference I'm kind of turned away from the game seeing that pc costs more than console.

PS, I live in Canada but if psn is $40 cdn then why isn't pc?
  • TheBrownWiener
    TheBrownWiener
    ✭✭✭
    PC got that discount couple weeks ago. You missed it.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a crown store sale on the PS4 for the release of TG. PC got TG around March 8th and had the PC sale then. The PS4 sale ends this Monday or Tuesday, then the crowns will be the same cost again.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    What OP is saying is the base cost is greater on PC than console without sales.

Did anyone actually read what OP said?
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    I know currently PS4 is getting a 40% discount but the standard price for 5500 crowns on PS4 is $39.99 when I check on the playstation store (normal, not current sale price) but PC is $49.99 for 5500 crowns.

Whats with pc costing $10 more? I recently wanted to come back and I can't play on ps4 and enjoy it. I miss the addons and being able to type in chat because the console voice chat just sucks (imo) but when I saw the $10 difference I'm kind of turned away from the game seeing that pc costs more than console.

PS, I live in Canada but if psn is $40 cdn then why isn't pc?
    I actually live in a non tax USA State, but I am guessing the currency value in Canada is different along with some sort of tax added on, perhaps that's why it costs more. I however don't know for certain, I am actually just guessing so it could be a completely different reason entirely. I would recommend contacting the support with your question for your chosen platform on PC being Steam Support if you have the Steam version, or ESO Support if you bought the game directly through the ESO store.

EDIT: As I was typing this answer I noticed your PS at the end and now that you mention that, that does seem odd that PC would cost more then PS4 in the exact same country currency. I am guessing that one of them either PC's or PlayStation's price might be an error. To confirm whether it is or just to understand why, I still recommend contacting support. I had to contact the ESO Support a couple times and they were very helpful.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I understand I missed the PC sale (didn't know about it until after the fact LOL). I just mentioned the PS4 sale that I see it is currently on so that people realize I wasn't comparing full price PC crowns to sale price PS4 crowns.

Without any sales, it's just odd that it's $10 cheaper for 5500 crowns on PS4 ($39.99) than on PC ($49.99).

Serenityx wrote: »

Thanks for the reply and reading fully. Read the first 2 and just shook my head lol.

I actually live in a non tax USA State, but I am guessing the currency value in Canada is different along with some sort of tax added on, perhaps that's why it costs more. I however don't know for certain, I am actually just guessing so it could be a completely different reason entirely. I would recommend contacting the support with your question for your chosen platform on PC being Steam Support if you have the Steam version, or ESO Support if you bought the game directly through the ESO store.

EDIT: As I was typing this answer I noticed your PS at the end and now that you mention that, that does seem odd that PC would cost more then PS4 in the exact same country currency. I am guessing that one of them either PC's or PlayStation's price might be an error. To confirm whether it is or just to understand why, I still recommend contacting support. I had to contact the ESO Support a couple times and they were very helpful.

Wanted to see if anyone else noticed this and knew why but as per above, I will check with support directly and ask them directly. I just wish I could tolerate the game on PS4 but I just can't lol, lack of text chat is a huge reason, secondly lack of addons (I don't use a lot but a few are really critical imo) is the other. Now that I can play PC version on my TV (finally set things up to do so) and controller support no need to play console version.

Thanks for the replies.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    Oh I understand I missed the PC sale (didn't know about it until after the fact LOL). I just mentioned the PS4 sale that I see it is currently on so that people realize I wasn't comparing full price PC crowns to sale price PS4 crowns.

Without any sales, it's just odd that it's $10 cheaper for 5500 crowns on PS4 ($39.99) than on PC ($49.99).

Serenityx wrote: »

Thanks for the reply and reading fully. Read the first 2 and just shook my head lol.

Wanted to see if anyone else noticed this and knew why but as per above, I will check with support directly and ask them directly. I just wish I could tolerate the game on PS4 but I just can't lol, lack of text chat is a huge reason, secondly lack of addons (I don't use a lot but a few are really critical imo) is the other. Now that I can play PC version on my TV (finally set things up to do so) and controller support no need to play console version.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I agree with the whole text chat thing, but if it helps any they announced it as a future update they are working on. I play on Xbox One, but I can't use my Microphone all the time and it's really quite upsetting when you want to do social stuff and you can't, because everyone else happens to be in the same room as you and it's too much work to make room in another part of the house and to move all your console hardware and cords just to play a game for a little while then move it back to it's original place later. The other thing for me is the fact my laptop can no longer run ESO on PC good enough anymore and just happens to be a lagging, stuttering mess when I play it, so I have put too much effort into the Crown store as well as my very first level 42 character on Xbox One to go back now. I actually started on PC and kept my subscription from May 2014 being before Tamriel Unlimited all the way up to the end of 2015, but changed to Xbox One with the console transfer as I had no other choice as my laptop no longer would run it like the beast it used to. Oddly enough I was constantly switching characters and deleting characters before I decided to stick with my Orc Templar on Xbox One after I switched.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on March 28, 2016 6:51PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more expensive reason is definitely due to being Canadian (I am too). I don't know for sure, but I think the respective consoles are allowed to set their own price, so maybe PSN doesn't charge more for Canadians like ZOS does. I heard previously Xbox crowns were more than PC but looking back bow can only find info stating that was only for European countries/currencies so I dunno.

Secondly. Are you sure PSN isn't just showing you the USD price and once you go to actually confirm and complete the transaction maybe it would take into account currency conversion? I don't buy stuff on PSN ever so I haven't a clue lol.
    Edited by MissBizz on March 29, 2016 4:04AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord