The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Returning Dragonknight, looking for updated build for 2h sword and sword and board

Nino982
Nino982
Hi to all!

I want to start again with ESO and now I see that lot's of things is changed and all my skills is reseted.

Please can someone help me with advice where to find some ok build for Dragonknight, Redguard...right now I'm at VR5.

My all points is on health and all other is reseted.

Weapons is 2h sword and second bar is 1h sword and shield.

Please advice or some link to some ok and optimal build.

It's hard to get back but all will be ok after few days (right now I'm looking for new guilds with traders..I must see what's changed with mats etc...).

Thanks!
  • Nino982
    Nino982
    One more thing, I use combo light and medium armor with all points on health.

All gear is combination of Night Mother's Gaze Set and I think I have some parts of Armor of the Seducer.

Problem is because almost all builds on web is outdated and now I need some new build with all points on health (I can get magicka and stamina from food and gear).
  • imapogostick
    imapogostick
    ✭✭
    Better off going all stats in either stamina or magic. And getting your health from food or drinks. Although I'm only lvl25. Magic dk 22k health and 23k magic with 1k+ regen does work for me. When I use food to buff my magic it doesn't add points too spell dmg so I have to put all my points into magic and use other ways to boost my health
  • Nino982
    Nino982
    Today I created new char, just for start and to get back in game (for few days I will setup my VR5 DK).

Now I start again with DK but with Imperial.

Maybe I will put all my points on new one on stamina.

Now idk what weapon to use if I go with Imperial DK? Maybe with 2h mace/sword and in second bar put bow?

I will try to setup some DPS DK for PVE (I'm not right now interested in PVP).

What mundus stone to use if I go with Imperial DPS? Maybe use The Warrior?

I forget everything and many thing's is new so I feel like I never played ESO. :(
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK DPS for PvE, I recommend either 2H and bow or dual wield and bow. DK DPS comes from DoTs, so use unstable flame, burning breath, poison injection, and volley. Then do flurry or wrecking blow until your DoTs run out, then start over again. I also suggest doing PvP until you get vigor and caltrops. These are both super good stamina based skills. After the patch they are easy to get. A week or two of PvP should be all you need (and you might find you like PvP!)

As an imperial, you shouldn't need to worry about your health. As a DPS you only need 18-20K at VR16 (with food). Put the rest into stamina.

Make sure you're using crafted medium armor at your level, at least blue quality. 5pc hundings rage+4pc nights silence is an easily obtainable setup while you're leveling.

For mundus, I like to run serpent for more stam recovery. If you're good on stam recovery, go with thief if your weapon crit is less than 50% or shadow if your crit is over 50%. Warrior doesn't add as much as these stones, so avoid it.
  • Nino982
    Nino982
    Stamina DK DPS for PvE, I recommend either 2H and bow or dual wield and bow. DK DPS comes from DoTs, so use unstable flame, burning breath, poison injection, and volley. Then do flurry or wrecking blow until your DoTs run out, then start over again. I also suggest doing PvP until you get vigor and caltrops. These are both super good stamina based skills. After the patch they are easy to get. A week or two of PvP should be all you need (and you might find you like PvP!)

As an imperial, you shouldn't need to worry about your health. As a DPS you only need 18-20K at VR16 (with food). Put the rest into stamina.

Make sure you're using crafted medium armor at your level, at least blue quality. 5pc hundings rage+4pc nights silence is an easily obtainable setup while you're leveling.

For mundus, I like to run serpent for more stam recovery. If you're good on stam recovery, go with thief if your weapon crit is less than 50% or shadow if your crit is over 50%. Warrior doesn't add as much as these stones, so avoid it.

Tnx for tips, they are very useful!
    I will try with new char Imperial then.

But, what you say can I do somthing like that with my old Vr5 DK Redguard? Maybe to reset my all health points ant put them on stamina?
    With that VR5 DK Redguard I was play only 2h sword and sword and board and I don't have anything od bow or dual wield (or on any other weapon).
    Maybe to play in first bar 2h and in second bar put bow and try to level bow from my VR5 to VR16?

I'm sorry for all this questions but right now ESO is for me like all new game.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    Looking to roll a Nord Tankish character. I assume this would be DK and 100% heavy armor. I'm thinking huge 2H but don't know the other. I already have a NB and Mage so looking for something close to impossible to kill and fairly easy to play mostly PvE.

If anyone knows of a build they'd like to share, I'd appreciate it.
  • Nino982
    Nino982

This Imperial is my alt, just for few days...to get back in game.

My main is Redguard, DK, VR5.

My main Redguard is on sword and board an 2h sword (right now, I don't see any build with that combo and I think that combo is not so great anymore for DK Redguard).

Can I go from VR5 to VR16 with 2h sword and maybe to level all new skill line like bow or maybe destro (I use bow on Imperial and is ok but I can switch on my main to destro).

Is at VR5 maybe too late to switch on another skill line like bow or destro because I don't have any points in that skills (for now)?

Ty for answer and tips!

P.S.

Sorry m8s on my bad english (obviously english is not my main language :) ).
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nino982 wrote: »

My main Redguard is on sword and board an 2h sword (right now, I don't see any build with that combo and I think that combo is not so great anymore for DK Redguard).

Can I go from VR5 to VR16 with 2h sword and maybe to level all new skill line like bow or maybe destro (I use bow on Imperial and is ok but I can switch on my main to destro).

Is at VR5 maybe too late to switch on another skill line like bow or destro because I don't have any points in that skills (for now)?

Ty for answer and tips!

P.S.

It's not too late to level another skill line. I have plenty of points for bow, S+B, and 2H fully leveled on my DK. There's always more skyshards!

2H and S+B is good for PvP or good for a tank setup for dungeons. For DPS I wouldn't use S+B. Red guard is one of the top stamina races, better than imperial IMO. You can convert your alt to a crafter. That's what I did with mine so I don't need to spend the skillpoints on my main.

I would avoid destro staff on a stam character. It scales with magicka and spell power, and both will be low on a stam DK. Play how you want, but bow will deal much more damage than destro. Best to save the staves for a magic character.
  • Nino982
    Nino982
    Nino982 wrote: »

Ty for answer and tips!

P.S.

It's not too late to level another skill line. I have plenty of points for bow, S+B, and 2H fully leveled on my DK. There's always more skyshards!

2H and S+B is good for PvP or good for a tank setup for dungeons. For DPS I wouldn't use S+B. Red guard is one of the top stamina races, better than imperial IMO. You can convert your alt to a crafter. That's what I did with mine so I don't need to spend the skillpoints on my main.

I would avoid destro staff on a stam character. It scales with magicka and spell power, and both will be low on a stam DK. Play how you want, but bow will deal much more damage than destro. Best to save the staves for a magic character.

Thank you AverageJo3Gam3r on answer!

Van you tell me one more thing, all my points is right now on health and if I keep 2h sword, replace S+B with bow, maybe to reset that all that health points and invest all in stamina?