The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Dk Build

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
How viable is this build for v16 magicka Dk...

5L/2H (heavy chest/legs - no undaunted bonus)
5/5 julianos or kagrenacs
3/5 Magnus Gift
Chest/legs infused - the rest impenetrable
Inferno staff - nirnhoned - disease glyph
Resto staff - nirnhoned - flame glyph

Bar1 destro staff
Burning embers
Engulfing flames
Dragonfire scale
Molten armaments
Flame lash
U- devouring swarm

Bar2 resto staff
Proxy detonation
Healing ward
Harness magicka
Igneous shield
Fossilize
U- Shooting star

Thoughts and viability in pvp?
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact you arent running deep breath saddens me
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    replace engulfing flames with deep breath on the first bar, and put engulf in place of healing ward on the second bar.

You will have better healing hitting multiple targets with deep breath than you will have with the ward and you will be guaranteed that the heal will heal you instead of some random bystander.

Im a sword and board fan myself since I run in 5 light, but the impen helps with my mitigation. Whats your CP like?
    Edited by Morozov on March 24, 2016 4:31PM
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact you arent running deep breath saddens me
    this is not my current setup, it is what I was thinking of swapping to. My current setup is....

Bar1 S&B
    Deep breath
    Burning embers
    Invigorating drain
    Burning talons
    Flame lash
    Shooting star

Bar 2 resto staff
    Proxy det
    Healing ward
    Dragonfire scale
    Igneous shield
    Structured entropy
    Devouring swarm

I was getting input on how I should swap skills out if I drop S&B and use inferno staff instead.

Thank you for helpful input BTW.

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    replace engulfing flames with deep breath on the first bar, and put engulf in place of healing ward on the second bar.

You will have better healing hitting multiple targets with deep breath than you will have with the ward and you will be guaranteed that the heal will heal you instead of some random bystander.

Im a sword and board fan myself since I run in 5 light, but the impen helps with my mitigation. Whats your CP like?

That's what I was running. I'm at 400 champion points. Recrafting isn't an issue I have millions of gold, and stacks of mats. Basically I am trying to figure out the best damage and survive combo in pvp I know skill is a factor as well, however, I like to think I'm pretty skilled I've been playing pvp in mmo's for a long time. The only issue I've had with S&B is that I can't weave, and my magicka evaporates even with 1600 Regen, and not having that medium attack in between casting puts a hurt on damage.

Edited by Hutch679 on March 24, 2016 4:56PM
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    just spitballing ideas here, but how bout a SB/destroy setup

SnB:
    engulfing flames
    whip
    fossilize/invigorating drain
    burning embers
    burning talons
    U - devouring swarm/shooting star (depending on if you choose inv. drain or fossilize)

Destro:
    structured entropy
    crushing shock
    armaments
    wings
    invigorating drain/proxidet (whatever you choose for this slot maybe volatile armor? harness magicka?)
    U - Shooting star

specc CP into increased heavy attack damage for the destro and the other usual CP for magicka dps

gives you a ranged character who hits hard from range being able to charge up full heavies but can keep shields on range players while DPSing. Has a melee option to switch to when things get close that uses DOTs to bring down players?

I dunno, with 400 CP and available mats/gold to specc how you want you have a bunch of options
    Edited by Morozov on March 24, 2016 8:34PM
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    just spitballing ideas here, but how bout a SB/destroy setup

SnB:
    engulfing flames
    whip
    fossilize/invigorating drain
    burning embers
    burning talons
    U - devouring swarm/shooting star (depending on if you choose inv. drain or fossilize)

Destro:
    structured entropy
    crushing shock
    armaments
    wings
    invigorating drain/proxidet (whatever you choose for this slot maybe volatile armor? harness magicka?)
    U - Shooting star

specc CP into increased heavy attack damage for the destro and the other usual CP for magicka dps

gives you a ranged character who hits hard from range being able to charge up full heavies but can keep shields on range players while DPSing. Has a melee option to switch to when things get close that uses DOTs to bring down players?

I dunno, with 400 CP and available mats/gold to specc how you want you have a bunch of options

I know right, too many options lol the only reason I'm afraid of running S&B/Destro is the self healing. Coag/green dragon blood is so weak in pvp. The healing ward really saves my life sometimes.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im currently trialling
    Destro:
    Obsidian shard
    DFS
    Empowering chains
    Burning embers
    Lash

Resto:
    Talons
    Volatile armour
    Molten armaments
    Igneous shield
    Draw essence

Also considering 1h/s with destro. What I love about my DK is there is so many build options, with my sorc its the same old cookie cutter spec every time.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Im currently trialling
    Destro:
    Obsidian shard
    DFS
    Empowering chains
    Burning embers
    Lash

Resto:
    Talons
    Volatile armour
    Molten armaments
    Igneous shield
    Draw essence

Also considering 1h/s with destro. What I love about my DK is there is so many build options, with my sorc its the same old cookie cutter spec every time.

I like this build, however, I don't find much use for a resto staff on a bar if you aren't going to use any resto staff skills. Why wouldn't you just use two destro staves in that case? Also, with the build you listed what exactly do you rely on to heal yourself? Draw essence and burning embers? Thats not very reliable because what happens when you get hit with fossilize, wrecking blow, or basically any stun effect? Honestly, I would drop the empowering chains also. You don't really need a gap closer if you are using a destro staff. Your only CC move is talons too. I find it helpful to have at least one hard cc so that you can cast meteor then let them sit in it ;)
  • Tipsy247
    Tipsy247
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious, why not get the undaunted passive?
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tipsy247 wrote: »
    Just curious, why not get the undaunted passive?

Im not found of running dungeons lol I'm gonna work on it though.... one day... lol
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I like this build, however, I don't find much use for a resto staff on a bar if you aren't going to use any resto staff skills. Why wouldn't you just use two destro staves in that case? Also, with the build you listed what exactly do you rely on to heal yourself? Draw essence and burning embers? Thats not very reliable because what happens when you get hit with fossilize, wrecking blow, or basically any stun effect? Honestly, I would drop the empowering chains also. You don't really need a gap closer if you are using a destro staff. Your only CC move is talons too. I find it helpful to have at least one hard cc so that you can cast meteor then let them sit in it ;)
    Good point on the resto, I thought it might come in handy for magicka regen if needed but your point is why I'm considering destro/1hs. For healing there isn't any direct healing but obsidian shard, embers, power lash and essence all provide healing but of course its all relies on being offensive. I do understand the whole gap closer not needed but I love using gap closers not only as a means of closing the gap but also a quick getaway aswell as being able to apply proc my heals and the empower is nice :) Also obsidian shard is a hard cc

Edited by Calboy on March 25, 2016 1:21AM
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    I've switched up to:

S/b
    Burning embers
    Deep breath
    Flame lash
    Igneous shield
    Burning talons
    Shooting star

S/b
    Empowering chains
    Prox set
    Coat blood/radiant magelight
    Molten armaments
    Harness magicks (should be scales but in on console so it's bugged)
    Take flight
  • kingqueso950
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    I've switched up to:

S/b
    Burning embers
    Deep breath
    Flame lash
    Igneous shield
    Burning talons
    Shooting star

S/b
    Empowering chains
    Prox set
    Coat blood/radiant magelight
    Molten armaments
    Harness magicks (should be scales but in on console so it's bugged)
    Take flight

In what way are flappy wings bugged? My flappy wings have been working just fine.

Ive been running 5 Julianos 4 Magnus

S/B
    Burning Talons
    Lash
    Invasion
    Embers
    Deep Breath
    Take Flight

Resto
    Proxi Det
    Flappy Wings
    Igneous shield
    Volatile Armor
    Healing ward
    Dawn Breaker
    Ebonhart Pact
    Ascension
    GT: krazyj69
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need all impen

Something I'm about to switch is running 5 light 2 medium instead of 5-1-1. Yea the 2% extra stats are nice but stamina management as a magicka DK is vital, and the extra piece of medium will help with that. I have 35k magicka in my build, so I won't miss the 2% that much.

rip decibel
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Wings is current,y draining your resources for each attack you reflect.

Ex. Reflect a snipe snipe costs 2k stam (no idea just picking a number) to cast. When you reflect it you lose 2k stam. Same goes with magicka and ultimate if your reflecting overload. It's at the bottom of the patch notes. Very last page. They fixed it on pc already.

They work still as far as reflecting they also get you killed due to the bug