The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need n00b-friendly class+build please to learn PvP

Hoylegu
Hoylegu
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I've just returned after a long absence, and am loving ESO PvE. I have magicka builds for most of the classes up into VR levels, and wanted to test PvP a bit.

I know I suck already after a few miserable Cyro solo encounters.
I know I need to L2P.
I know I need better gear.
I know I shouldn't be solo.
I'm not complaining.
I personally enjoy all the classes.
I know this is lame to ask, but...

...I need a FOTM faceroll easy class+build so I can start learning the ins and outs of PvP. Once I learn a bit what's what, I can then maybe start PvP'ing with more complex builds.

TIA for your suggestions!
Hoy.
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Go sorc.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magical Sorc is the most Face roll class in the game for PVP and PVE since their shields are so strong.Hard to burst through so go Sorc.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play what class you like the best and learn it. it doesnt matter what class you are if you go against someone that knows their class and plays it well you are going to lose.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templar is the easiest class to play and the best in pvp
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, all.

I guess I should look into tweaking my magicka Templar and Sorc for PvP. The PvE builds I'm using now for them just don't cut it in Cyro.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is the easiest class to achieve decent gameplay with it. Especially solo.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    FotM builds are honestly not going to help if you dont know your basics, or if you don't know what you're supposed to be doing. My advise would be to pick one of your characters with the class you're most comfortable with and have the most fun with, and post it's stats, we can then maybe give you better pointers on what you could do different when it comes to PVP.
    Edited by catalyst10e on March 23, 2016 7:59PM
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • AmalgamousPrime
    FotM builds are honestly not going to help if you dont know your basics, or if you don't know what you're supposed to be doing. My advise would be to pick one of your characters with the class you're most comfortable with and have the most fun with, and post it's stats, we can then maybe give you better pointers on what you could do different when it comes to PVP.

Or you play a magicka sorcerer, they are FotM every month. They don't require much thought to gear or play, you don't need to balance stats to maximize performance for your playstyle, you just pump max magicka and spell damage because MM also gives you survivability with shields. Build like a glass cannon, and still be more survivable than a DK.

He asked for an easy to play class, I don't think a better one exists.
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka sorc, if you do the following:

- Put all max stat points in max magicka, also all armor enchantments and jewelry traits
    - Use purple food
    - Get 1000 or 1100 stamina regen from sets (with Hardened Ward slotted)
    - Get about 2000 magicka regen with Atronach, racial bonus, CPs, sets
    - Have about 1800 spell dmg unbuffed after all this
    - Only increase the spell dmg on your build after you really feel that you know what you're doing and you have GREAT survivability.

Slot Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Streak, Encase, Healing Ward, Velocious Curse (on the bar where you don't have Hardened Ward so you get the buff to stamina regen), Boundless Storm for the running because you can't streak forever. Proximity Detonation when you can get it.
    For basic damage in order to proc Crystal Fragments, Crushing Shock weaved with light/medium attacks, use Crystal Fragments procs when you get them.

For defensive play, always keep Hardened Ward up. Always. Not 75% of the time, always. Until you know when you can take risks. Harness Magicka too when you face people who use magicka based attacks. Healing Ward when your health gets to 40% or less. When your health gets that low, also use dodge roll (bound to a key, don't activate it by double tapping unless you really really prefer that). In effect, what you'll be doing is casting a shield and canceling the animation with a dodge roll. Keep Hardened Ward on Bar 1, Healing Ward on Bar 2. Keep your distance, kite when necessary, remember that objects that are between you and the enemies give you pretty much 100% protection against single-target damage until they achieve line of sight again. Encase to keep melee enemies farther while you kite them around rocks, structures, trees. Do not block anything except Meteor, and, rarely, Wrecking Blow and Crystal Fragments.

Remember, dodge roll is your friend whenever in trouble. Cast shields, and try to get around some object to get some breathing room. Streak on top of an enemy if they're not blocking to get a little bit of time to recover (it doesn't give much, but sometimes it's enough).

Learn to recognize what the abilities other people are using against you are so you can counter them.

People say Magicka Sorc is easymode but I left quite a few details unmentioned even in this explanation. Sure, magicka sorc is easy to play in 1 vs 1s, and easier than some other classes even in 1 vs 2s. But you raise the difficulty by taking on more enemies.

If you're going to be playing in a group of 5 or more, you can pretty much choose anything, anything is viable at that point - even though, you should still strive to do the best you can of course. ^^ Dueling, by the way is a great place to start... Especially if you can find some people who aren't the topmost duelers so that you have time to make some mistakes as you're learning.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on March 24, 2016 12:32AM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is no easy mode, you gotta find your own build (unless of course you lack creativity and you need to watch streamers)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer.

High damage burst, high defense with HW, strong mobility with access to Major Expedition and Bolt Escape.

Templar can burst similar to a Sorcerer now with TG, but lack all mobility and kiting potential, and defense is made up of mostly spamming heals, which you do when you are on deaths door so not quite as lovely as a pre-casted shield from far away.
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Fear and Wrecking blow
    Or go Sorc
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here you go... basic bar setups for both MagTemp and MagSorc

Temp

Dual Wield - (Ultimate, Dawnbreaker)
    Toppling Charge, Puncturing Sweeps, Radiant Oppression, Repentance, Dark Flare

Sword/Sheild or Restoration Staff - (Ultimate, Heal/Barrier/Meteor/Open)
    Structured Entropy, Total Dark, Breath of Life, Harness Magicka/Channeled Focus, Purifying Ritual

Sorc

Inferno Staff - (Ultimate, Dawnbreaker/Meteor)
    Crystal Fragments, Velocious Curse, Endless Fury, Crushing Shock, Streak

Restoration Staff - (Ultimate, Atronach/Meteor/Overload)
    Healing Ward, Hardened Ward, Mines, Power Surge, Harness Magicka

Assuming you don't have Magicka Detonation unlocked, if you do, exchange Total Dark with Proximity Detonation on the Temp, can run Inevitable Detonation in place of Crushing Shock on the Sorc...
    Edited by SneaK on March 24, 2016 3:40PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    templar is the easiest class to play and the best in pvp

Agreed :smiley: Also usually first one to get destroyed in PvP. But really one to play as a Templar to be honest.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • bluedevilblue
    I just started PVP'ing a couple of months ago and I recommend Templar if playing with a group. The reason being is that healing is always needed and appreciated and doesn't require being able to set off 5 damage abilities in 3 seconds while dodge rolling and healing yourself. It let's you stand back a bit and help out and then, as you get more comfortable, move more into the fray. I've also been able to earn AP and level up my alliance points so I get things like magicka detonation and other abilities that really help in PVP.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the posters above.....
    Right now stay away from Stamina oriented builds for the time being IMO especially the Stam DK which has a some serious bugs at the moment that are affecting it ... But it will probally switch back soon enough...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Great responses, all, thanks.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    first stop asking for help , look it up . read .then try every thing untill it feels good for you and go for it and when you get used to it try somthing else . get experianced .
    because its possible
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    How difficult to play is the Magicka NB in solo 1v1 in Cyro?
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »

to play GOOD it is actually difficult, gotta burst em down quick otherwise get wreckd
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Prabooo wrote: »
    Hoylegu wrote: »

to play GOOD it is actually difficult, gotta burst em down quick otherwise get wreckd

Thanks. I'm still very much a noob. I'm not bursting down anyone quickly, heh. Thanks. Guess I'll stick to a Magicka Sorc or Templar. I've played around a bit with a Sorc, and I do...alright. I still get smoked 9/10, but I'm learning. Maybe I should try a Templar with Puncturing Sweep, too. That might be easier.