The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK magika pvp build 1vs1

Kensei1318
Is a powerfull class in your opinion or the skills upgrade is useless? Is better for dueling DK stamina or magika? Wich build do you use?
THX for every answet
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka dk has always been one of the strongest dueling classes it has only gotten better since TG
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    Magicka dk has always been one of the strongest dueling classes it has only gotten better since TG
    quoted for truth
    even at its absolute lowest, mag dk was a capable dueling setup

The weaknesses magika DK has are in open world outnumbered situations, the lack of positioning tools pigeon holes them into a stand your ground type class. Unfortunately, the tools for standing your ground are woefully inadequate in the present meta. If in playing in a group, there's not much I'd rather have than a competent mag DK running with me though.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magicka Dk myself, I'd prefer to always run in a small group for pvp. Outnumbered situations don't come out in my favor 9 times out of 10,however most one on one's result in either a.) they lose b.) they run away c.) they beat me then stand over my corpse teabagging. If it's a sore... They choose option b and streak like it's going out of style.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Blood is still way too weak for the current high burst meta. Burning Embers is quite a decent heal now though.

For solo play a stamina spec is still a lot better, to be honest. There's also certain enemy builds that a magicka DK just can't deal with. Shield stackers are ridiculously difficult to beat if they're semi-competent... there's just too little burst in your arsenal to avoid harness magicka's full resource return. Stamina DKs don't have that problem at all.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka templar also take ridiculously long to kill as a magicka dk. Deep breath, power lash, meteor and proxy combo must be timed at the same time to burst then down otherwise they just spam that breath of life over and over.

Everyone rerolled a mag nb for this patch though, the amount of clueless wannabe Syphers are easy to kill
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    I run solo on my magic a dk all the time. Just requires a higher skill level. It can be done.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    Magicka templar also take ridiculously long to kill as a magicka dk. Deep breath, power lash, meteor and proxy combo must be timed at the same time to burst then down otherwise they just spam that breath of life over and over.

Everyone rerolled a mag nb for this patch though, the amount of clueless wannabe Syphers are easy to kill

Yeah, you need to get the burst down perfectly (including Might of the Guild proc) and need to have some luck with crits or breath of life will heal the magplar to full again in 2 seconds. Sure makes for a nice contrast with how underwhelming dragon blood still is :smile: