Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Magic DK Solo Heavy or Light Atmor

Burning_Talons
Burning_Talons
✭✭✭✭✭
I so conflicted between the 2
Edited by Burning_Talons on March 21, 2016 7:09PM

Imperial Magic DK Solo Heavy or Light Atmor 35 votes

Heavy
42%
Valen_ByteShareeZarotbooksmcreadDHalemcurleyTomatoBulljokerFlounderOGKoreanAwtamaticAverageJo3Gam3rKr3doJubJubthebhoys1Chres 15 votes
light
57%
XsorusAenlirChillicstarlizard70ub17_ESOElhananEmrisDovahLordRajajshkaFaasnuMinalanBfish22090LarianaDesommettorLexxypwnsChadwikidLokey0024Jackrs04AiryusHulk_VIDKsUniteHutch679 20 votes
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are hurting in PVP honestly but a really good player can still make it work... This mean I'm out of luck lol ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    light
    When you're solo you'll want the sustain and pen from light. Heavy armor does not do squat unless you're running a health regen blocking type build. Some of the best mag dk's ive seen run a burst damage light armor solo build which in actuality is very versatile
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light
    Since you are imperial you need the magika buffs for sustained. Unless you think you can pull off 40k magika otherwise.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it July yet with HA and tank buffs yet ?
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    light
    Unfortunately your pretty well stuck with light at the present time. The resistance you get from heavy is pointless due to the penetration currently in game and we,, the passive a currently...well...they just suck
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see the "reroll sorc or nb" option

rip decibel
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    light
    Magicka dk for life!

Sometimes that life is very short for said Magicka dk but hey keep the faith
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chadwikid wrote: »
    Magicka dk for life!

Sometimes that life is very short for said Magicka dk but hey keep the faith

Been playing magic DK since last year just been theory Crafting for the longest though
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    I don't see the "reroll sorc or nb" option

Have both, not a FOTM player so Ill stay my Magic DK
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    light
    Yup. Been rolling a Magicka dk since console release and I will continue to do so. This patch opened up a lot of options for those of us that could play it prior to TG. For those that think "mag dk is back!" And couldn't play it before thieves guild...your in for a rude awakening.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    I've been using a skaffa-flavored build using heavy armor. Super tanky and I still have some burst with well-timed ultimates. As long as you have high CP you'll be fine on sustain. Good sorcs are impossible to take down as a mag DK though. I don't think that would change in light armor.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on March 22, 2016 1:21PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Been rolling a Magicka dk since console release and I will continue to do so. This patch opened up a lot of options for those of us that could play it prior to TG. For those that think "mag dk is back!" And couldn't play it before thieves guild...your in for a rude awakening.

I'm so excited to see tons of scrubby DK's thinking they're going to be overpowered =). Meanwhile, my Main Magicka DK IS going to be overpowered and will most likely receive lots of hate mail saying stuff like "FOTM scrub!". Can't wait B)
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    The resistance you get from heavy is pointless due to the penetration currently in game

Penetration does not make resistance from heavy armor pointless. Sure, if you wear heavy armor, penetration will cause your resitance to be less effective, but if you wear light armor, penetration will remove your resitance altogether. And some resistance > no resistance.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light
    Sharee wrote: »
    The resistance you get from heavy is pointless due to the penetration currently in game

Penetration does not make resistance from heavy armor pointless. Sure, if you wear heavy armor, penetration will cause your resitance to be less effective, but if you wear light armor, penetration will remove your resitance altogether. And some resistance > no resistance.

not if you perma block (Y)
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    light

Your absolutely right so let me rephrase. The higher resistance you get from heavy armor does not in any way make up for the passive magic a support that you get from light armor due to the amount of penetration in the game. I think that was more clear on the point I was trying to make. And of course is my opinion and experience.

Sorcs are not impossible but are very very difficult. The fight will be long and tedious and if you make a mistake you will die but it can be done. Hopefully the ability to dot their shields will help.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy

Your absolutely right so let me rephrase. The higher resistance you get from heavy armor does not in any way make up for the passive magic a support that you get from light armor due to the amount of penetration in the game. I think that was more clear on the point I was trying to make. And of course is my opinion and experience.

I agree that the overall benefit of heavy armor(resistance and passives) does not equal the overall benefit of the other armor types (resistance and passives), i just disagree that this is due to penetration.

If penetration was suddenly removed from the game, the relative difference in resistance between light and heavy armor would still be the same(only both would be higher).

As for heavy armor, it still has it's merits. The 20% reduction in block cost in particular is very noticeable. If you want to be the guy who is standing in the wall breach snaring and rooting the enemy zerg as it tries to rush through the oil killzone, heavy armor is the way to go. Also, you will be very hard to gank when solo(1v1), especially when you are not a vampire.

Personally i'm using 5 heavy and 2 light on my magicka DK.
    Edited by Sharee on March 22, 2016 3:37PM
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    light

I agree that the overall benefit of heavy armor(resistance and passives) does not equal the overall benefit of the other armor types (resistance and passives), i just disagree that this is due to penetration.

If penetration was suddenly removed from the game, the relative difference in resistance between light and heavy armor would still be the same(only both would be higher).

As for heavy armor, it still has it's merits. The 20% reduction in block cost in particular is very noticeable. If you want to be the guy who is standing in the wall breach snaring and rooting the enemy zerg as it tries to rush through the oil killzone, heavy armor is the way to go. Also, you will be very hard to gank when solo(1v1), especially when you are not a vampire.

Agreed! Well stated. I personally have a set up for both depending on what I'm doing/feel like doing that day.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    Sorcs are not impossible but are very very difficult. The fight will be long and tedious and if you make a mistake you will die but it can be done. Hopefully the ability to dot their shields will help.

Oh, it is possible to get through their shields if you play very conservatively, constantly CC them, keep wings up, time your burst well, etc. But a lot of the time they'll just streak away and we still don't have any tools to stop that.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on March 22, 2016 8:34PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light
    If. You. Use. Heavy. You. Will. Die. Alot. You. Cannot. Sustain. As. An. Imperial. You. Need. 40k. Magika. To. Utilize. Battle. Roar.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! Well stated. I personally have a set up for both depending on what I'm doing/feel like doing that day.

5 set armor master rules... :p Just have to have 9 traits and be able to get past all the mobs to the crafting station lol
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light
    I've been using a skaffa-flavored build using heavy armor. Super tanky and I still have some burst with well-timed ultimates. As long as you have high CP you'll be fine on sustain. Good sorcs are impossible to take down as a mag DK though. I don't think that would change in light armor.

I disagree to the sorc part. As long as you keep reflect up, use cc moves, and keep pressure on them with dots, you can easily beat a sore with a well timed burst. But I'd recommend light armor. Heavy armor is weak at the moment. Wait til the dark brotherhood to run heavy and see how it changes at that point in time.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    light
    DKsUnite wrote: »

not if you perma block (Y)

don't argue with vir cor about mag DK, nuff said
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 25, 2016 5:07PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy
    Hutch679 wrote: »

I disagree to the sorc part. As long as you keep reflect up, use cc moves, and keep pressure on them with dots, you can easily beat a sore with a well timed burst. But I'd recommend light armor. Heavy armor is weak at the moment. Wait til the dark brotherhood to run heavy and see how it changes at that point in time.

I agree we have enough things in our kit to bring down a sorc--except mobility to chase a streaking sorc. Most ones I've faced, theyll streak away the second I start to apply real pressure. I have a strict "do not chase the streaking sorc behind a rock" policy, so just quietly go about my business claiming it a win.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on March 25, 2016 6:32PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    light
    Hutch679 wrote: »

I agree we have enough things in our kit to bring down a sorc--except mobility to chase a streaking sorc. Most ones I've faced, theyll streak away the second I start to apply real pressure. I have a strict "do not chase the streaking sorc behind a rock" policy, so just quietly go about my business claiming it a win.

No class can keep up with a sore streaking. Perfect strategy in my opinion. Tbh once they start running, you've won the fight dead or not.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Dk Solo - Just don't, spare yourself the heart ache.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...