The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

why no gear preview still?

Mercurio
Mercurio
✭✭✭
Honestly, one of the most glaring MMO omissions in the game is the lack of a dressing room/gear preview window. After a year we still inexplicably don't have any way to check out at armor or weapon looks prior to crafting/buying - and the ESO fashion outside website does little to alleviate this. what's the deal, ZOS? Are we EVER getting this basic feature?
  • derpsticks
    derpsticks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering they have something similar in the upcoming crown store that allows you to preview costumes, mounts , etc. I would imagine this could be implemented sooner rather than later.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    derpsticks wrote: »
    Considering they have something similar in the upcoming crown store that allows you to preview costumes, mounts , etc. I would imagine this could be implemented sooner rather than later.

I sure hope so. This is something that many of us have wanted since launch.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ZingyDevotee
    ZingyDevotee
    ✭✭
    I agree with you whole heartily. When i get some cool armor/weapons, i would really like to be able to see what it look like before i put it on. What happens if i don't like the appearance of it? Its bound to me and i can't get rid of it, unless i go to a NPC vendor who gives me 20 gold for it, when i could've gotten 3k out of it from other players.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day we will get simple MMO staples like this, and Target Dummies, and Player Duels, etc, maybe.
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    One day we will get simple MMO staples like this, and Target Dummies, and Player Duels, etc, maybe.

I agree with all of these. The little things that go a long ways.

They did a wonderful job with the cash store preview system. The best I've ever seen. Hopefully we will be able to apply the same system to inventory gear, linked chat gear, and crafting windows.

Sadly the fact that it's only available in the crown store is a potential demonstration of exactly where developmental priorities are currently.

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Since launch?

Try since testing..
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

Since launch?

Try since testing..
    Well, I've only been here since the day of launch... :p
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    ha! forgot about the crown store - they couldn't truly sell gear on it without a preview, could they? But none in-game! LOL again.
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread because I agree, we need this.. I hate crafting something to find out it is ugly.

All the sites that have armor previews don't have everything. Also things change often so these sites are not always accurate.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • MasterFUNG_ESO
    MasterFUNG_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree we definitely need a preview especially for crafting. Half the time the gear looks nothing like the small tooltip does or at least its really hard to see any details. It would also be very useful in the guildstore. Maybe adding a preview option while holding crtl and left clicking or something along those lines.
    Edited by MasterFUNG_ESO on March 23, 2015 12:26AM
  • Parthrax7744
    Parthrax7744
    ✭✭✭
    1+ from me!
    Fus Ro Dah!
  • d.zid.816b16_ESO
    This.

Have to admit I was a little surprised to see that this hasn't been added.
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing. Since I had taken a break, when I came back I had forgotten that you couldn't preview armor so I kept trying to find the hotkey and then googled it and couldn't believe there's really no preview even a year later.
  • Mercurio
    Mercurio
    ✭✭✭
    and still missing! well we can preview cash shop items, anyway.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    edit:
    Oops misread as inspecting other people's gear haha
    Edited by paul_j on March 25, 2016 10:33PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see if this works... Nope, can't post the album like that.

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/phane01/library/ESO Armor

Lets see if that link works, I did this a couple years back to see what Vet level armors looked like for myself. I don't know if they still look this way, but I keep it for reference.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on March 25, 2016 11:23PM