Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

71gb free space not enough for TG update

Ja50nX
Ja50nX
✭✭✭
As titles says. Patch Notes say it is around 11gb. Other game updates work fine, only ESO having this issue. Mind you, none of those games have blue screen crashes either.
PS4 EU
Ebonheart Pact

• AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    The patch before this one required me to have 100gb.
    I think ps4 is to blame at least partly.
    I had to delete phantom pain,
    but no loss really since you could do NOTHING
    in mother base, and other reasons i can't remember.

9BsJSVj.gif
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, they still haven't learned how to update consoles after all this time. Being incompetent is bad enough but refusing to learn what they dont know just blows my mind.

Cheers for the reply @Rat-King, since ZOS didnt respond I just cancelled plus. Cant see me deleting games that work to update a beta to bring more problems anyway.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez, I need to download more games, cause I still have plenty of room on my PS4 :/
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Jeez, I need to download more games, cause I still have plenty of room on my PS4 :/

I stuck an 1TB ssd but even thats getting full. Looking into a 2TB SSD.
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    I have the 500gb so about 400 space. Only 2 installed games are digital, the rest are disk. Destiny & GTAV were deleted long ago.

Battlefronts has an 8gb update so I need 8gb free space, its as simple as that.

The game was released near a year late with constant crashing among other problems you find in betas.... ZOS not wanting to learn mystifies me.

Edit - Is there a way to give my account away to a different psn id?
    Edited by Ja50nX on March 24, 2016 4:52AM
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 26GB free space. Had to delete 20+GB before the update could "prepare to download".... wtf
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    @Doncellius When you say 20+, do you mean 45+?
    Ive worked out that they need us to have enough space for what is already installed PLUS the new update size. Current install is 64gb so with the TG 11gb we need minimum 75gb.

Its like needing to have a large pizza so I can order a large pizza then throw out the 1st large pizza...... wtf indeed.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, 500GB just doesn't cut it on PS4. Can advice everybody to go at least for 1GB. The good thing it's easy to do and it doesn't cost a lot.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ja50nX Pretty sure I had a total of 45GB free space before it worked. I'll double check later when I'm home. This system is all messed up
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its well messed up mate. I wasnt going to make more space so went ahead & installed 2 other updates, 12gb total, taking it down to 59gb.
    Overnight while being in rest mode, it decided that was ok & updated (shook my head for a while when seen the notification). Friends need me to make glyphs & armour sets but I havent put it on yet but will to craft & give guild leadership away but have no other desire to play it now.

With upgrading the HD, does the ssd have any noticeable improvements @Whatzituyah ?
    I put 1 in a ps3 & it was slower when the console got hot.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ja50nX wrote: »
    Yeah its well messed up mate. I wasnt going to make more space so went ahead & installed 2 other updates, 12gb total, taking it down to 59gb.
    Overnight while being in rest mode, it decided that was ok & updated (shook my head for a while when seen the notification). Friends need me to make glyphs & armour sets but I havent put it on yet but will to craft & give guild leadership away but have no other desire to play it now.

With upgrading the HD, does the ssd have any noticeable improvements @Whatzituyah ?
    I put 1 in a ps3 & it was slower when the console got hot.

Well things load faster thats pretty much it and the SSD I got is heat resistant up to a certain degrees I don't know on the top of my head. Whole problem with a HDD it uses moving parts which make it hot.