The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Long wait in Dungeon Finder

mia_pow
mia_pow
✭✭
With the new update I noticed its taking longer to find a group to run dungeons, currently Vet10 healer on ps4. Before the update I waited no more then two minutes, now it can be ten minutes plus. Wondering is it just me or other players having similar issues with the dungeon grouping?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess it's just a higher than usual number of people in the queue. People are wanting to try the updated tool and get the rewards. It's also Spring Break for a lot of people, so there are more players active than usual. More healers using the queue = longer wait times for you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • surlytroll
    My healer has been experiencing very long wait times, sometimes longer than my dps. I agree there are probably a lot more healers queuing up with the update. My tank on the other hand typically gets picked up in a minute or two, he used to a have a slightly longer wait than the healer.
  • TeamPlay4u
    TeamPlay4u
    Soul Shriven
    Reverb wrote: »
    More healers using the queue = longer wait times for you.

I don't understand this.
    Like in many MMO, there are usually more DPS than Tanks or Healers. Meaning you always lack of these classes when you are looking for a dungeon.

If there are MORE healers using the queue (or tanks), it should reasonably mean less waiting for all the DPS looking for them to reach 4 people in their dungeon group. In the contrary, actually it takes even more time.

This is a non-sense.

These last weeks, my friend and I were looking for mates to go in dungeons. We tried several ways to have 4 players in our group. First, we grouped at 3, one DPS, one Healer and one Tank. sounds like the perfect team...
    We should have found a DPS veeeeeery shortly.

But we didn't.
    Never.

Then, we tried something else... we went 2 in the queue. One tank and one DPS. Then, we waited 20-25min and we finally found a group. In the end, we arbitrarily kicked the healer to group our friend (the healer) and FINALLY, We successfully went in dungeon. Is this the way Bethesda thinks we have to play their game? Is this the way we have to use their tool to find some mates to play? I don't think so.

Oh, of course, we also tried to manually group 4 players to go in dungeons. We had a lot of fun trying this.
    It's always HILARIOUS to be 4 players in a group, trying to start a random dungeon and waiting 45min until it starts.
    Really. Hilarious.

Oh, did I mention I'm a Premium member subscriber?
    I truly think that this is UNACCEPTABLE by taking it into account.

Sadly.

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeamPlay4u wrote: »

I don't understand this.
    Like in many MMO, there are usually more DPS than Tanks or Healers. Meaning you always lack of these classes when you are looking for a dungeon.

OP is a healer. More healers in the queue mean a longer wait time for the healers queued. If you don't understand that, there's nothing I can do to help you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • donwhite615
    donwhite615
    Soul Shriven
    Me and my friend were in a group last night. He's a healer and I'm a tank. We could not get two more members for a dungeon, waited an hour. Yet when he used the group finder by himself it popped him right into a group. So I'm guessing the new update messed something up. I can do dungeons with random people but not my guild members... stupid.
  • donwhite615
    donwhite615
    Soul Shriven
    TeamPlay4u wrote: »

I don't understand this.

OP is a healer. More healers in the queue mean a longer wait time for the healers queued. If you don't understand that, there's nothing I can do to help you.

How does the above explain what's going on when a healer can pop right into a group solo but not with people already in the group, and with the other member being a tank at that?
  • TeamPlay4u
    TeamPlay4u
    Soul Shriven
    In a MMO, being a Healer/tank means NO TIME waiting queued. For 1 healer/tank looking for a dungeon, 10 DPS are seeking for them. It's mathematical that 10 healers waiting in the queue equals 10 times more waiting time.

But NO TIME to wait x 10 still equals NO TIME.
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    Ive had the game since day one and never waited as long as i have since the recent update, if the problem iam having is a sudden surge of healers within a single day period I find that hard to believe, forget about doing the daily Iam waiting over 30 + minutes.
  • TeamPlay4u
    TeamPlay4u
    Soul Shriven
    Everytime my friends and I are trying to get more players in our group, it fails. We can wait for an our, it fails. I confirm: if my friends try individually to use the LFG tool, they always find a dungeon in less than 5min. With an already formed group of 2 or 3 players, you never get your missing player(s) without waiting for hours. Worse case: you are already 4.
    The dungeon should start immediatly... but no. it doesn't.

To play in dungeons is a pain in the ass now.
    If you are ESO Premium Members like me, you should think this is UNACCEPTABLE in an MMO.
    Edited by TeamPlay4u on March 26, 2016 3:58PM
  • Heimgaard
    Heimgaard
    Soul Shriven
    I just spend almost an hour in the group finder with two friends, all we needed was a tank. In the end we got fed up and decided to find someone in chat to queue as a full group and therefore left the queue when we got a reply.

So we queued up with one of us accepting the role as tank only to sit and wait several minutes and then the pug left. After that we gave up :/
  • Simos
    Simos
    Soul Shriven
    Just to add to the feedback that the new group finder's broken - I've been away on holiday, last night was my first chance to use the new group finder. I'm a healer, I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to get into a group. Last night I tried using the group finder to get the daily pledges done and failed on both, I gave up after waiting at least an hour for each.
  • TeamPlay4u
    TeamPlay4u
    Soul Shriven
    The most funny thing is that, when you are already 4, the dungeon doesn't start immediately...
    You have to wait, sometimes even for one hour! Totally broken tool.
  • donwhite615
    donwhite615
    Soul Shriven
    I'm about done with this game... I can play with random people but not friends and guild members. That pretty much ruins an MMO.
  • lDcoyl
    lDcoyl
    ✭✭
    Yep ps4 me and my friend are healer and tank always together, never used to take more than 5 minutes, we have waited well over 3 hours since the patch, and thats for random dungeon, as for specific dungeons, we have got nothing all day. Definitely seems to be something wrong.
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    I was beginning to think it was just me, as bad as it sounds glad its not.
  • Dilarn
    Dilarn
    ✭✭✭
    That crap pice of software....

the last days i`ve waited hours... last WE more than 8 hiours a day without invites.

BUt hey... the game is about 2 years old...who is awaiting a grp tool that works *,...,*
  • Shaloran
    Shaloran
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_TristanK

Can anyone comment on this? I'd like to know if a fix is incoming soon.