The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When do Writ handins move to Orsinium?

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys. So I need a refresher. I had full points in Alchemy, Enchanting, Provisioning, I was handing in in Belkarth however I joined ESO Plus again last night and now its sent me to Wrothgar.

If I respec and take one point out of each will that return me to Belkarth? Or do I need to go further?

Not sure I will but I want to understand.

Lastly in Belkarth maxed out I was writing Vet 5 potions and now they have jumped to Vet15. Same with Provisioning. Hopefully that means RNG is better but I have a stock of pre-made potions / food I need to sell now.

So in summary :-

1. If I want to hand in Enchanting / provisioning / Alchemy Writs in Belkarth but have ESO Plus what level do I need to leave my skill points
2. ^ if I do this will me potion requirement return to Vet 5 or should it have been Vet15 anyway in belkarth as I'm maxed out and they just fixed a bug??

No stress either way just my OCD wants to know :)
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach

Best Answers

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 9/10 they return to Belkarth, except provisioning 5/6 moves from Orsinium to Coldharbour.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

so - lastly - am I right in saying if I leave them all on 10/10 & 6/6 in Orsinium I have a better chance of RNGing a survey / Kuta / Purple food mat??

I get Kuta's all the time on my L9 Potency Enchanter, from the Writ rewards. The Enchanting Surveys up in Craglorn give you two extra Aspect Nodes. You don't really lose out on the Potencies as the Wrothgar Surveys still return L8/9 Potencies. So, if you want the best chance at Rekuta/Kuta from surveys, do them in Craglorn.

Purple Food Mats come best from Writs, then Hirleings, but I get most of mine from Writ Rewards. I get purples on all my alts doing Provisioning, even the L4 Recipe and L5 Recipe Alts. Don't run Provisioning HIrelings on them, so not sure on that aspect.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helpful as ever @Nestor thank you! Would my levels in my last post be correct literally just a point down in each will send me back on all 3?

Except for Provisioning, 5/6 should send you to Coldharbor, but the only Alt I have with 5/6 is, well at the time he was doing writs, L20. I have since respecced him to combat so I can level him. But I don't think I ever turned in a 5/6 writ to Belkarth. Which is also the reason why VR1 and VR5 recipes are so rare, most people skip that level for Writs.

Answer ✓
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    In the case of blacksmithing its simply at 10. Enchanting you need both full potency and aspect.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Reducing skill will return you to belkarth. I have 18 total writs (3 characters) but have kept 3 of them in belkarth so I at least visit there each day for a chance at a nirncrux. Most days I get skunked though...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I know reducing the points does it but I wanted to know how much by rather than waste time.

so @helediron is there definately no way to hand in provisioning in Belkarth if you have ESO Plus?

I know it sounds like i'm splitting hairs but I stockpile make Glyphs / Potions / Food so that I can pickup the writ and run to drop off - it takes me like 2 minutes in Belkarth each day. Having things in different zones is annoying if you just have a few mins to Daily Writ OCD :)

I've heard about nirncruz farming only on Craglorn however i'm not doing wood/ metal / clothing - just the 3 I mentioned so thats not relevant for me yet.

so - lastly - am I right in saying if I leave them all on 10/10 & 6/6 in Orsinium I have a better chance of RNGing a survey / Kuta / Purple food mat??
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to get provisioning to Belkarth and failed. So i think it's definite. Those crafters are not ESO+ but i have bought the DLC, so that shouldn't make a difference. With 5/6 they went to Coldharbour. While doing Belkarth writs i simply didn't do provisioning. Last week i upgraded them to top tier and they return writs now to Orsinium. My only change was putting in the last skill points.

I have not found any significant difference in RNG between the two highest tiers for consumable writs. In fact when i tracked them a week, my RNG favored 9/10 tier enchanting writs. But beware the RNG. I am first to admit the period was way too short to prove anything. There was a jackpot in one Craglorn survey map where i looted two Kutas twice. Excluding that the two tiers were giving roughly same amount of goldens from writs and hirelings per character.

I upgraded to top tier writs because i can now return provisioning to same place. 10/10 gear writs consume less overall mats, although they now consume vr16 mats, i can stretch my vr14 stock much longer. Also i have nirncruxes in stock for next decade. I don't need to stay in Craglorn.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks All, @Nestor see this was my concern too - Craglorn seemed very generous with Kuta RNG anyway and in particular those surveys with the extra aspects. I know its RNG etc but its been good and i worried with a zone change I would lose out, but i read the higher your improvement level the high your chances of RNG... hence the questions. I guess Wrothgar RNG may be up - but the extra nodes improve your odds that way...

Alchemy is much of a much as herbs are herbs - and as you say @Nestor FM / BJ drop from all Prov Writs - I just wondered if you got more Purple's at 10/10 then hence a reason to switch to Orsinium?

I may monitor my Kuta rate in Orsinium and if it 'feels' like its dropped do a reset and sit on the levels below if anyone can confrim this is right to get all three back to Belkarth with ESO Plus enabled (or Wrothgar DLC bought)

9/10 Potency Improvement
    5/6 Recipe Improvement
    7/8 Solvent Proficiancy

Thanks!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy is much of a much as herbs are herbs - and as you say @Nestor FM / BJ drop from all Prov Writs - I just wondered if you got more Purple's at 10/10 then hence a reason to switch to Orsinium?

I don't see all that much a difference in the rate of Purples between all the Writ Rewards, if there is one, it's small. I use Purple Foods on all of my characters (6 of them and they all have a decent sized stack), and I have just less than 800 FM/BJ in backstock. I have sold or given away about half that.

So, unless your making purple foods to sell in the Kiosks, even L4 Writ Rewards will keep you in Purple Foods or Drinks with plenty to spare. Each days writ container gives you enough to make at least 20 Purple Foods and or Drinks (most days I get some Purples, it is a rare day that I don't). You do writs on two or more characters, you won't be running out of Purples for your characters and you will have excess to sell or make for others.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helpful as ever @Nestor thank you! Would my levels in my last post be correct literally just a point down in each will send me back on all 3?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insightful as ever thanks @Nestor looks like I'll be doing Writs in two zones either way while ESO Plus is on then!

My last question have you noticed a higher drop rate on Psjic Amb fragments at a higher provisioning level at all? I understood that to be the case too. Mute point for my main as ill either be Belkarth / Orsinium or Belkarth / Coldharbour from the above, but interested on rate for my Alts.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP