The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Igneous weapons not granting major sorcery after today's patch.

VodkaVixen1979
VodkaVixen1979
✭✭✭
Just downloaded the patch and TG. Noticed that igneous weapons is only granting major brutality, but not major sorcery as the tool tip indicates.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Major Sorcery does not show up in the character sheet because the Igneous Weapons buff itself is the Major Sorcery buff, so you will only see Major Brutality and Igneous Weapons on your active effects. If you take a look at your Weapon and Spell damage on the character sheet, you should see that both stats are increased.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Sorcery does not show up in the character sheet because the Igneous Weapons buff itself is the Major Sorcery buff, so you will only see Major Brutality and Igneous Weapons on your active effects. If you take a look at your Weapon and Spell damage on the character sheet, you should see that both stats are increased.
    That's a bit... inconsistent? Surely if the buff is called Major Sorcery, that's what should be shown on the Active Effects. Igneous Weapons is the name of the ability you cast, not the name of the buff that's actively affecting your character.

Active Effects should also be showing what the buff actually does, for every buff, not just the buff name like you see for many of them.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 23, 2016 4:34PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The buff isn't 'smart' either. If you have 7 people in a group, it's random in terms of who is assigned the buff. The buff will be reapplied to people that already have it if the skill is recast, rather than go to people in your group who don't have the buff. I have strong suspicions that purge works this way as well, which is borderline broken for the skill, but since I don't plan to play ESO once CU beta is out I haven't cared enough to test this in the broken mess that Wrobel turned pvp into.