The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR16 Crafting

AdamBourke
AdamBourke
✭✭✭✭✭
So... I finally reached level 50 in Clothier. Yay!

So I was looking at what you could do. 15 Ancestor silks make a VR15 robe. sounds reasonable.

So that's 16 for VR16 right? right?

It's not 16. It's 150...

What?

Has the max level always been such a ridiculous jump?

I mean...what?
PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • WhiteTigre
    WhiteTigre
    ✭✭✭
    yip for v16 crafting its very expensive on the materials and when the gear gets damaged its also expensive to repair
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep welcome to the gear grind.

Though it's not the mats thats going to cost you it's the gold tempers ^^
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Recently made a V16 morkuldin, nirncrux, legendary heavy chest given the amount of materials I used I would estimate it around 175k if I bought the materials. For most, thats around a week of gameplay every evening and all weekend to get that much but its worth it since the morkildin sword hits for 4601 without having to do any extra action or use extra stamina.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those mats are the cheap ones... You can farm for a full set (+- 1000 mats ) in less than a week OP

That's less than a week to have VR16 end game gear ( really not that unreasonable )

Where as the tempers to make it legendary ( aha! this is where it gets expensive ) cost a fortune...

Too many people see 150 and think "oh no! ...so many..."

Remember if you are VR16 you decon everything you get ( even ornate ) and you will never be short on mats.

Also you can use your crafter to farm nodes for the mats ( which will reduce that one week to get 1000 mats to +- 3 days ) wow OP 3 days of hard work for end game gear in an MMO :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep welcome to the gear grind.

Though it's not the mats thats going to cost you it's the gold tempers ^^

Am I going to need 150 of those as well? :o .
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Too many people see 150 and think "oh no! ...so many..."

Remember if you are VR16 you decon everything you get ( even ornate ) and you will never be short on mats.

While that was exactly the first thing that I thought, after posting this I realised it's not actually the number of required mats which is the shocking thing, so much as the jump from vr15 to vr16. If there had been a steady increase in the number of mats needed, say VR15 needed 130, and VR14 needed 115 or something, it wouldn't be so shocking.

And also more understandable. I mean... if it takes 15 mats to make a VR15 piece.... where do the other 135 mats GO? there doesn't look like there is any extra fabric on the model...

PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The mats are super easy to get. I've made 6 full sets. It's the gold tempers which break my bank.

The 16 mats are everywhere in aba's landing bt the way.