Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magica nightblade gear help

Guffel001
Guffel001
I'm leveling my magica nb alt up at the moment and was wondering what the best pve gear setup is. I'm pretty confused because some people say nerieneth 2 piece some say kena same with twice born star and julianos (i don't have scathing mage and don't plan on grinding it). So if someone of you knows the math behind the sets i would really appreciate some advice. C:
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just level it up with blue gear and then get Julianos, Spell Power Cure, whatever you want..

I would go 5 Julianos, 4 Magnus, 3 Willpower. Easiest cheapest and definitely can't go wrong with that. You can even go 4 Vicious Death for a bit more Crit whilst Dual Wielding or have the extra 300 Spellpower only on your DW bar with Nirnhoned swords.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on March 22, 2016 10:10AM
    PC EU
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your talking about a pve dps role in dungeons/trials etc.. then the best is:

2 Kena
    5 twice born (crit + crit dmg)
    Maelstrom desto
    2x torug's
    3x willpower
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on spice it up some!

5 piece Armour master ( 2 swords / Nirn) (3 gear) All Crafted.

5 piece Bahraras ( 2 rings with spell power),(1 neck with spell power) (2 gear) All Dropped. (You change the enchants on the jewelery to spell power )

Head and Shoulders (Torug) which can be swapped out for monster sets if needed/wanted. Crafted.

You want at least 5 light from the above., if you have undaunted 9 unlocked go 1 heavy/1 med. to complete the 7 gear setup.

B)

Edited by Reevster on March 22, 2016 10:52AM
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

2 Kena
    Maelstrom desto
    2x torug's
    3x willpower

A math wizard done some calculations:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/250529/on-julianos-and-twice-born-star

Seems Julianos is marginally better. Easier to get a hold of too.

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    revonine wrote: »

2 Kena
    Maelstrom desto
    2x torug's
    3x willpower

A math wizard done some calculations:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/250529/on-julianos-and-twice-born-star

Seems Julianos is marginally better. Easier to get a hold of too.

Agreed, Julianos has higher total damage output potential. I'd recommend:
    5 Julianos
    2 Kena
    3 Willpower
    vMA destro

Alternatively, the 2nd kena piece is traded for torugs, and no vMA destro is used:
    5 Julianos
    1 Kena
    3 Willpower
    2-3 Torugs