The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Combat lag, invisible object, sound delay

molletta_ilcane
molletta_ilcane
Soul Shriven
Ok, let's try. But i don't think writing this here will solve the problem. Already posted in some other threads about this (in part).

First, I am having lag spike issues during combat. NOT versus player (not tried that, low level) but against monsters and npcs. If i use a "fire staff" many times the fire comes out of the staff some seconds later. Sometimes i push the fire button 2 or 3 times, i move, nothing happens, some seconds later i see the enemy dead (killed by my fire shots). If i use the third person view, if i keep moving, i can see the shots going from where i WAS to the enemy. This happens almost every time. Not only with magic but with swords and alike too. I noticed lagging in emotes action too.
I've tried everyhing. Fresh windows install, fresh TESO install, Repair, opened router ports, changed all the graphics i could (d3d,opengl, various settings), firewall, dns, compatability mode, administrator mode, with or without launcher, etc. Checked my latency/ping during gameplay. Always way under 100. Fps in game from 30 to 60.
Reading in forums (official and not) i can see many people having this problem.
Another thing, which may be connected or not, sometimes i can't see objects and they appear late, or not at all (npc, tables, books, etc.). See attached files.
Sounds too have some delay. Not always, just sometimes. Mainly in combat, but even when i use the inventory (or other things) sounds are a lot LATE.
/reloadui does not fix anything.

urqi0aqm92ok.png
mqlmw4jwcde0.png

Thank you very much, have a nice day.
  • molletta_ilcane
    molletta_ilcane
    Soul Shriven
    PS: i forgot, playing in EU server.

Phenom 2 3.1ghz
    6Gb ram
    radeon 7850 2gb
  • molletta_ilcane
    molletta_ilcane
    Soul Shriven
    Wow, got a message from CS. No kidding the say THIS:

• Shut down your computer.
    • Unplug the cable modem from the electrical outlet.
    • Wait 10 seconds (you may wish to wait about 5 minutes just to be safe!), then plug the cable modem back into the electrical outlet.
    • Unplug your router from the electrical outlet.
    • Plug your router back in.
    • Wait 30 seconds, then turn your computer back on.

Just to know, is it possible to get a refund on a retail copy? Maybe disabling the code it went together?
  • molletta_ilcane
    molletta_ilcane
    Soul Shriven
    In one image i shot the ice thing, moved to the right, waited, and the shot thing appears (late).
    Other images, enemies should be there (see 'compass') but can't see them.
    qmks6u1xif81.png
    5u62t4gz7pit.png
  • defilade__ESO
    defilade__ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having this problem for two weeks now. I've tried everything I can think of, unpluging cable modem and router for 5 minutes, restarting them, doing a repair on the game, making sure all my video card and Windows updates are done... and i still have sound delays, combined with delays to see combat actions carried out, and i have a 60mb/4.5mb connection, so it's not from lack of internet bandwidth.

I also log in a character and walk into buildings with no floors, and partial furniture, and NPCs who can take 30 seconds to a minute to finish spawning in place.
  • molletta_ilcane
    molletta_ilcane
    Soul Shriven
    Well, i've been able to reduce those problem (not fix them).
    I've changed the max fps to 40. You have to change the SET MinFrameTime.2 in the UserSettings.txt file and put there 0.025. This file is in Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live or \liveeu.
    In a desperate try i've installed older video drivers (14.4).
    Also, i disabled all the other audio peripherals (like the radeon hmid audio).
    Try these things, even if it is not fixing the lag it might help. I don't even know if these things helped in my case or it was just a good day and nothing really changed.
  • Mike_Mercenaru
    Mike_Mercenaru
    Soul Shriven
    A fix for audio delaying :

I think I found something. It's not a "full-fix", but it's definetly better than before. At least now, the sounds are 0.5s delayed and occurs less than before.

After 5 days of tweaking and testing the settings, I came up with something. From my experience, the sound delay thing occurs because, in a way, the engine doesn't allow multiple sounds to be played at once, so some of them are dalayed. Or they are not processed at once, At least this is how I feel, I am not expert. It's no wonder anyway since, ESO engine barely handles 2+ cores.

There are two command lines in UserSettings that I modified :
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1" >>> to 0
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1" >>> to 0

This two commands put less pressure on the engine and on your CPU, I tested on 32bit version for 15 minutes and is partially working. MUCH better than before anyway !

I will test 64bit also, I just got so excited to see it working that I came here to announce you first. Until Zenimax patches this, i'm gonna use this thing.

Hope it help ! Waiting on your feedback !