Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

spoilers- level 31 quest "The Dominion Alchemist" question

eventHandler
eventHandler
✭✭✭
Reminder: spoilers...

I absorbed all three keystones before going to Lorisael and confronting the Alchemist Ruuvitar. When I went inside, I was able to use a keystone on the pedestal to open the door seals, then to free the prisoners before facing Ruuvitar, but not able to use it to do anything at the pedestal while inside the hist to heal the mnemic egg.

Was my third keystone used up somewhere else? Did I have to choose which of them to use it on? I didn't even need to use it on the door seal, since I went and explored the whole place before going in to the fight, but it was the optional objective and seemed like the thing to do since I had all the keystones and didn't want those sacrifices to be for nothing.

If you have to choose which two pedestals you want to use because the third keystone is used up some other way, is there any benefit for not using them at all and saving them for the future after the quest?

Or was I bugged somehow? Did anyone else have this happen or know whats up? I know the Khajiit said I was using the keystone to power up the big crystal I think, but it didn't seem to use it up like the pedestals do, and there was no journal warning, hint, warning from the Khajiit, or any notes laying around warning that I had to be judicious in deciding where to use the keystones now that I had them all.

I wish I had left it uncompleted so I could abandon and try again to get it to work, but I wasn't thinking. (I play for the lore and the R in the (mmo)RPG description, but I know a lot of people would just be fine with finishing the quest and moving on.)
  • Rachel_Clements01
    Rachel_Clements01
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't help that you can do the quests in the 'wrong' order - I found the Ruuvitar stuff first, and then absorbed two keystones on the other two quests - which is confusing....possibly an ongoing 'storytelling' problem when the player isn't able to follow a chain of quests but can come across them in any order. On the other hand, I now know that unless I'm Korthringi, I'm likely to go bonkers :)
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    So that's what those keystones are for?
    I had just gotten one when i confronted Ruuvitar, and now i've been absorbing them while clearing the zone of quests/skyshards.
    They really should have put in a quest note about those other keystones.

So basically, i just screwed the people in White Rose Prison over for no actual benefit, oh well, sucks to be them i guess.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, shoot. I seem to remember receiving ONE keystone from a mission... or the POWER of it... but only the one sticks in memory. I did the side-missions to unlock the door to 'save' the keystone I had (a 2nd one I earned there?) so I should have had at least THAT one going in...

But when I entered the area to fight Ruu' there was a pedestal but interacting with it did not free the prisoners as I had thought it might. Someone else started to fight Ruu and since I didn't want him to get killed and me get "credit" for it, I quickly left the game.

The lizard before the door to Ruu' mentions maybe finding a way to have Ruu stand trial... didn't seem to be an option but maybe if you beat him down he'll surrender and THEN you have a choice. But I wasn't sure if freeing the prisoners might be a prereq to that. Also, I WANT to free the prisoners, even if that doesn't necessarily make the fight with Ruu any easier (I suspect it would, which is the whole point of "keeping" the keystone instead of "using" it to unlock the door)...

EDIT: Later found the other two instances where you can get a keystone; used one up at the prison but absorbed the other. Still, when I was at Ruu's fight, I had ONE absorbed keystone.... kind of miffed that it wouldn't let me use that to free the prisoners. I DID manage to whack Ruu' before he killed more than one of the prisoners, but that ONE did die. :(
    Edited by Sorpaijen_ESO on June 3, 2014 5:08PM
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    Valmond wrote: »
    So that's what those keystones are for?
    I had just gotten one when i confronted Ruuvitar, and now i've been absorbing them while clearing the zone of quests/skyshards.
    They really should have put in a quest note about those other keystones.

So basically, i just screwed the people in White Rose Prison over for no actual benefit, oh well, sucks to be them i guess.

The exact same thing happened to me, really wish the main quest flow was better done in Shadowfen.
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

can u try to help me out quick? I'm kind of desperate (it's last quest in cadwells silver for me and I'm really not getting it) :-(
    How do I find my way to the eastern and western keystone in Loriasel? I simply cannot get up there, where the quest markers are? what am I missing? As far as I understood, I do not have to do any other quests to complete it? http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dominion's_Alchemist
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    lol^^made it. must have been intoxicated
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • [Deleted User]
    The user and all related content has been deleted.