Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help raising clothing skill?

BossXV
BossXV
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have any ideas? Or if you don't mind if anyone has any junk clothes they don't want I will take it, thanks

BossXV
PC, NA, Joseif
Edited by BossXV on March 16, 2016 5:17PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstructing items always gives more inspiration (crafting xp) than other activities.

This is not true if you deconstruct items your own character made. The inspiration for that is terrible.

Try to get your hands on the trash higher level friends get and decon all of that.

Also, an ESO Plus membership gives +10% inspiration
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The clothing crafting writs are also excellent at giving inspiration in the skill line. Be sure to pick those up daily at the city bulletin board.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 16, 2016 5:27PM
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I did:
    dump CP into tree that give 20% increase to inspiration.
    as you're leveling, research what you need, deconstruct everything else you find... EVERYTHING
    if you save intricate stuff it works great esp if you have a ring of mara or something
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deconstructing, gotcha, ugh wish I would have done that alot more, ummm u guys have any junk lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    Deconstructing, gotcha, ugh wish I would have done that alot more, ummm u guys have any junk lol

Find areas in the game where there are Zombies or Bloodfiends. They spawn quickly and drop lots of loot. Make sure they are near your level for most loot return. (Note, sometimes it seems like I get little in the way of loot drops, sometimes I get lots, when I get a little I do something else or relog/rezone and it gets better)

I leveled 3 Mules to L12 in about 6 hours just from deconning loot from the Vile Laboratory which is a Bloodfiend spot.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC EU intricate stuff is sold for 300 gold. So if you have some money left buy those items and deconstruct them. Intricate gives a ton of crafting xp. Or have a guild member collect some for you. Full leveled crafter get intricate stuff from writs, but can't use them for themselve.

Oh, and items made by another char or alts give more inspiration than deconstructing your own stuff. Get a crafting buddy or a crafting alt to swap stuff.
    Edited by Haxnschwammer on March 16, 2016 7:35PM
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We used to do it with crafting buddies. Get a friend, make gear, trade and decon. Rinse and repeat.
    These days I just decon everything I get since I have Vet crafters to feed lowbies gear so they are free to use it all for Inspiration.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    What mats are you in need of BossXV, i have quite a bit of extra i might can send some you way if i have some at the level you need.
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly anything that will raise my skill, deconstructs or anything really, thaaaanks a TON
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    So ya probably high lv junk decons
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I have raw mats if i know what ones to send you.
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lv 1-20, thnks
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it take long?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decon everything you find and do writs as these tend to give decon trait items fairly often. Farming/grinding tends to give a decent amount of items.

If you have a lot of cash then buy cheap high level items and also those with decon traits from guild traders. If not, find a crafting/decon buddy but this can be laborious.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossXV wrote: »
    Does it take long?

Depends. If your leveling a character and crafting along with them, then all Equipment Crafting and Enchanting will level up with your character if you decon all your mob loot as you play. Of course this depends on how much you loot and how many times you just grind on some mobs for a while. And of course how fast you are leveling your character by using experience buffs.

If your just leveling a crafter because you neglected it and you have a higher level character to feed them stuff to decon, it won't take all that long to level the skill.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, that's good to know