Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Message to ZOS Motif Designers

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The motifs currently in game are all fantastic. It is noticeable that you are continuing to improve your designs with each coming DLC as well. My message to you is that you may hopefully consider recreating weapon models from previous Elder Scrolls games. You have done this with the Soul Shriven Battleaxe (coincidentally reminiscent of Morrowind's Daedric Club) and I hope that you could handpick a ton of weapons to remaster within some future motifs. Anyone who cares about how their character looks would be really happy and make fans of TES go crazy! For those of you who need a reminder of what I'm referring to: (plz put graphics aside and think of how amazing they would look in ESO)

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
OYkP4dv.jpg?1

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Daedric
Hrl38ED.png

Ebony
M7kkwiO.png

Glass
s1mnIot.png

Dwarven
RVMKTOi.png

Fine Steel
latest?cb=20110621230448

Silver
pUh2mCC.png

Steel
BJiFYBW.png

Iron
H1muKvf.png

Amber
latest?cb=20110621230330

Madness
latest?cb=20110621230532

Dark Seducer
600px-SI-item-Dark_Weapons.jpg

Golden Saint
600px-SI-item-Golden_Weapons.jpg

Order
Claymore.png

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Daedric
dadric_collection.jpg
fa99e3f4409f7aa88e8acc7f1f40a138.jpg

Glass
wp_glasst.jpg

Dwemer
MW_DwemerWeapons.jpg

Ebony
wp_ebonyt.jpg

Stalhrim
BM-item-Weapons_Stalhrim.jpg

Adamantium
TR-weapons-Adamantium.jpg

Ebony Scimitar (Hands of Almalexia)
180px-TR-weapon-Ebony_Scimitar.jpg

Reikling
BM-item-Weapons_Riekling.jpg

These are not all of the weapons from previous TES games, just the easiest ones to find online. What do you guys think? Would you like for some of these to be added?
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wish arms and armor looked better in ESO, most are aweful and have bad shoulders and legs.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    i wish arms and armor looked better in ESO, most are aweful and have bad shoulders and legs.

I really cant say I agree with you, I think they look pretty dam good
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the Hands of Almalexia in Mournhold [ESO] have Ebony Scimitars, so the graphics are in the game, also Ordinator Shields
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @americansteel Honestly? Go find another thread to troll. This thread is about something ZOS has done incredibly well, and you make a first post that 1) ignores my question and 2) bashes ZOS where they deserve real credit for beautiful work. Go complain about PvP or something.

Oh yeah, you were the guy I schooled in TES lore recently! Lol. You get shut down in one thread for being severely incorrect so now you're trying to troll my threads. :o

@Crimsonorion Wow kinda surprised I never noticed before. Haven't brought myself to work much on Cadwell's Gold yet to see them. Rarely stepped foot in Mournhold throughout my travels. Thanks
    Edited by Vaoh on March 11, 2016 5:02AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually just made a post about a small portion of this 2 hours ago ( still working on it in between other things, which I have not posted yet) I think your post is more valuable, however I want mine to be more of a discussion between players and I will keep mine on the matter at hand of what mine is about, where as yours covers the general feeling of all of us die hard fans, we want more variety, less reskins and more choices!!! Uniqueness :smiley:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duiwel I was wondering if I should make a poll about this to see what the playerbase thinks on adding some of these weapon styles in. I have a feeling it'll turn out with like 80% Yes, 14% No and 6% Other though.

Good to know that fans such as you and myself like this idea. You were probably like *omg nostalgia* when looking at those. I was too!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post - cool to see all the styles like this in one place. I love the Skyrim glass stuff.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    @americansteel Honestly? Go find another thread to troll. This thread is about something ZOS has done incredibly well, and you make a first post that 1) ignores my question and 2) bashes ZOS where they deserve real credit for beautiful work. Go complain about PvP or something.

Oh yeah, you were the guy I schooled in TES lore recently! Lol. You get shut down in one thread for being severely incorrect so now you're trying to troll my threads. :o

@Crimsonorion Wow kinda surprised I never noticed before. Haven't brought myself to work much on Cadwell's Gold yet to see them. Rarely stepped foot in Mournhold throughout my travels. Thanks
    you must be filled wityh butthurt today, some one disagrees with you, and
    you call them a troll. umad?
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @americansteel Naw :smile: Just curious. I thought this thread would generate happy and peaceful discussion regarding motifs between fans of the series. First comment bashing ZOS caught me off guard. Not used to having trolls on my threads is all.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @americansteel Naw :smile: Just curious. I thought this thread would generate happy and peaceful discussion regarding motifs between fans of the series. First comment bashing ZOS caught me off guard. Not used to having trolls on my threads is all.

maybe you should go back and reread my comment, not insulting nor bashing. l2r? learn 2 read.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    i do hope they eventually do a vvardenfell glass style...loved how it looked in morrowind and it looks even better when somone remade it for skyrim.

morrowind as its seen

MW-item-Glass_Armor_Male.jpg

as seen in skyrim with modding

41848-1-1380160431.jpg

hell this could be called vvardenfell style or something like that. i would wait for this until they launch vvardenfell dlc when it comes out. along with chitin and bonemold armor styles. for chitin and bonemold id suggest looking at the devs for skywind...they have a interesting remake of the armors there.
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    as much as id love dragon bone weapons to be in this game...the chances of having such weapons would be 0 or close to 0 due to there being less than a dozen or so dragons existing in this time period. that said, i think aedric weapons could make a debut in this game since we cant have deadric artifacts or aedric artifacts. love to have a whole motif style based of the look of auriels bow and have that be ancient falmer style.

surely there are a few more snow elves existing now than there were in skyrim since this is 2k years before skyrim. maybe zos will treat us to the forgotten vale when they do the reach. maybe the snow elf sect wil still be alive at this time. skyrim wasnt entirely clear on when the snow elves were wiped out by their deformed brethren. maybe vurthur and gelebor will be kids at that time? its hard to say how long snow elves live compared to other elves. i think zos could do alot with the gaps in the lore and time periods that skyrim didnt fill in. its early 2nd era so alot can happen.
  • SymbioteKing26
    SymbioteKing26
    ✭✭✭
    forever in love with Stathrim
    EP/ Breton Nightblade Healer. Is fond of cheese. And scamps.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @americansteel Thread says "good job ZOS armor design people! Keep it up" and focuses on fans + nostalgia

You say "...most are aweful, and have bad shoulders and legs". /end comment

That's bashing. It's like me saying you look like s*** and dress like a weirdo, but im not talking about YOU as a person rather just some cosmetic stuff relating to you.

If you're gonna post anymore on this thread, please put away your hatred and address the topic. Do you wanna see any weapons from the twenty-three different pictures I posted in ESO one day? Truly simple.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Toorlokviing I love the glass armor in Morrowind as well. Could only imagine how it might be translated into this game.

Skywind is going to be huge when it releases. Maybe their team can work something out with Bethesda and have it available as a marketed game, available on console too! I can only dream....
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please redesign akaviri swords to actualy katanas
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • krees28b14_ESO
    krees28b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    xskinzcity wrote: »
    Please redesign akaviri swords to actualy katanas

The soul-shriven swords look like katanas. Though they should be in the akaviri motif and not soul-shriven.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One big problem they face is once a motif goes live there will be people who like it.

For example let's take glass armour. There are many annoyed that it doesn't have the bright green look of previous amours, so ZOS go and change it to look that way. The forums then explode with all the angered players who liked it how it was and now want it back.

Sadly in regards to the look of things once it hits live it had a hard time changing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @americansteel Thread says "good job ZOS armor design people! Keep it up" and focuses on fans + nostalgia

You say "...most are aweful, and have bad shoulders and legs". /end comment

That's bashing. It's like me saying you look like s*** and dress like a weirdo, but im not talking about YOU as a person rather just some cosmetic stuff relating to you.

If you're gonna post anymore on this thread, please put away your hatred and address the topic. Do you wanna see any weapons from the twenty-three different pictures I posted in ESO one day? Truly simple.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor comprehension you have. Hatred? where? i dis like many ESO Armors doesnt mean im insulting ZoS designers, i can though its rather easy. you like eso armor i dont, did i go on about how bad the designers are? wheres my supposed insult?????
    l2r?
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xskinzcity Here's the easiest pic to find online of katanas (Soul Shriven Swords).
    Soul-Shriven-Rubedite-Sword.png

Perfect imo
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xskinzcity Here's the easiest pic to find online of katanas (Soul Shriven Swords).
    Soul-Shriven-Rubedite-Sword.png

Perfect imo

Damn that looks really good tbh.

Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day they will come out w more
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, the designs for motifs is hit and miss for me.
    I like Akaviri Light armor but hate the Heavy and Medium equivalents.
    I like Soul Shriven Weapons, Armor not so much.
    Everyone has differing opinions ofc but overall, the designs aren't terrible.
    I just wish the grind for motif pages wasn't such a hassle. I haven't even finished getting all Akaviri yet and now I have all the Alliance motifs to farm as well. FML
    Argonian forever
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the motifs look pretty good (except for Nord Light and Orc Medium), BUT....

.... there are still serious problems with placement of equipped weapons and shields! Two examples off the top of my head:

1) Xivkyn shields appear to float six inches away from the character's hands.

2) Some Breton weapons (e.g. axes) have strangely placed grips compared to other motifs.

Edited by Emma_Overload on March 17, 2016 5:39PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE