Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

God of Schemes Choices (Heavy Spoilers)

Riftare
Riftare
During the final quest, did you save Mannimarco? Did you release any of the other NPCs that were lined up and down the walls on either side? What happens if you do? I thought all of them were far too dangerous to be let back out, so I left them there to writhe in pain for eternity. What about you?
  • Jeffries
    Jeffries
    Soul Shriven
    I saved him. But i didnt realise i can release other NPCs there.
    Edited by Jeffries on May 2, 2014 11:38AM
    Imperial VR1
  • Riftare
    Riftare
    You can... once you talk to them, the button in front of their prisons becomes active and you can release them :)
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was late night, I didn't even talk to them.
  • Sanspoof
    Sanspoof
    ✭✭✭
    I released Minimarco but he just run off saying he'll get his revenge or something along those lines, don't really remember. Basically, nothing interesting happened, I should've left the little ungrateful toad rot.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanspoof wrote: »
    I released Minimarco but he just run off saying he'll get his revenge or something along those lines, don't really remember. Basically, nothing interesting happened, I should've left the little ungrateful toad rot.

it actually doesn't matter that much, you either release him outright, or facilitated his release by diminishing Molag Bal. He got away eventually anyway.
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    I tried releasing faolchu, but he just tried to kill me, saying that my blood would end his torture.
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    AD side, I released everyone just to see what they will do. Some just died outright(Prince Namon, Javed Tharn). Others fought you (Aylef, Dutchess).

Minimarco promised to make us all regret and disappeared. But that's nothing new to anyone who played previous games. I just want them to deny the pleasure to escape on its own.
  • EnlilofNippur
    Locksoli wrote: »
    I tried releasing faolchu, but he just tried to kill me, saying that my blood would end his torture.

Yeah, not only did Falchou attack me, but he was unstoppable. IE, any of my hits didn't hurt him *at all* (ie, NO loss of HP), and my "allies" (eg, Lyris Titanborn, Abnur Tharn, etc) did not recognize him as an enemy. This game is broken at this point, it seems. And unlikely to be fixed, I would surmise.

• Paparoski
    Paparoski
    ✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Sanspoof wrote: »

it actually doesn't matter that much, you either release him outright, or facilitated his release by diminishing Molag Bal. He got away eventually anyway.

Not really sure, one could argue that the bonds had nothing to do with Molag Bal's power but then again I am delving in lore and kind of roleplay territory that I would like to avoid :p
    "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." – Eddard Stark
  • Sabriel7
    Sabriel7
    ✭✭✭
    Did they do something to the game that makes it so you're unable to help any of the other npc's? Cuz i released mannimarco but the others I couldn't realese. I know i have released them all before with another character.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I released him one time (because I had played Oblivion and knew he was coming back anyway) and got a ration of grief from the other Companions. Now I just let him fry.

I never even knew there were other characters down there. Now I have to go through the MQ again to see them. Sometimes I wish there was a way to load an earlier save in these games.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Like @Nestor, I released him once then let him suffer the other 4 times.
  • jmrakasb14_ESO
    Made him suffer both times so far, he deserves nothing better, but like others pointed out, we know he makes his return later regardless :)
    EVGA Z97 Classified
    i7 4790K@
    2x eVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified's
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600Mhz
    Kingston HyperX Savge 240GB
    2x Kingston HyperX3k 128GB Raid-0
    2x WD VelociRaptors 500GB Raid-0
    CoolerMaster M2 SilentPro 850W
  • gurugeorgey
    gurugeorgey
    ✭✭
    Annoyingly, I didn't mean to free him but did it accidentally by clicking on clicky like a dumb thing :(
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I left Mannimarco to rot; yes, I know he gets out some time between now and Oblivion...but that doesn't mean I have to be the one to make that happen. Especially when he can't even pretend to repent of his ways--really Manni? The hero is standing right there, it's not like you're going to get a better shot at this. Master manipulator and you can't swallow your pride for five seconds and lie? *sigh*

I didn't know you could release the other prisoners when I was at that point, but the only one I would have even considered freeing was Naemon, for his sister's sake. And then only if he did in fact stay dead, since he didn't repent or come to his senses either.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭
    I freed him in the hopes of another fight with Mannimarco but it didn't happen. I didn't expect him fleeing as a skeever XD
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    Zimnel wrote: »
    I freed him in the hopes of another fight with Mannimarco but it didn't happen. I didn't expect him fleeing as a skeever XD
    I was somewhat in the same boat as you. I had a hope either I'd fight with him and he'd be real boss or he'd be in some trial or something later.... Nope. Just ran away from me like a grunt in halo "Demon is here!"
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • ScarletHoodie
    ScarletHoodie
    Soul Shriven
    I left him as well, I just thought he'd be to great of a danger if you'd set him free etc etc. Besides even if you'd propose to set him free the dude was ruder then the common deadric prince, sjeesh.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks OP! Next time I do it I will definitely free them too :hushed:

just to see what happens. Maybe if you kill them in cold harbour they stay dead this time...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Never view them during this quest. So sad... But fried Mannimarco because I tried play as not good character.
    Edited by Alexium on March 1, 2016 2:43PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread necro... Is very strong.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...