Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrothgar No Longer Has Vet 9-14 Mats?

Xeroxed
Xeroxed
✭✭✭
Am I hallucinating or does Wrothgar no longer have Voidstone, Nightwood, Shadowhide, etc since the Thieves Guild update? I do crafting writs and having my only other option - for the Shadowhide especially - being Craglorn is a bit prohibitive to solo farming because it's scaled for group play. Takes my tank crafter way too long to farm groups of welwa that maybe only drop 2-3 scraps at a time. :P

If I'm not going crazy, perhaps Zenimax take this issue into account for a future patch?
More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can farm the last 3 areas of gold for voidstone, voidcloth and nightwood. Scraps will be the last two zones of gold.

Wrothgar should only be vet16 mats if you have the correct skills. It's stupid picking up voidstone there.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 13, 2016 9:46PM
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Ah for some reason I had forgotten that the gold areas got that high - been forever since I touched 'em. Thanks.

I never thought it was all that dumb given that the writs require both V9-14 and 15-16 items at max level. Made farming a little less annoying not having to zone to get everything I needed.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    So now we are supposed to grind a couple of areas for a raw materials? I certainly did not think it 'stupid' having both in Wrothgar and indeed Cyrodiil.
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    It only has the material matching your crafting skill. So if you have nothing in mining you will only see iron ore. But if you skilled it all up you will only see the most expensive ore
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moozzie wrote: »
    It only has the material matching your crafting skill. So if you have nothing in mining you will only see iron ore. But if you skilled it all up you will only see the most expensive ore

IMO all the DLC zones should remain this way seeing as they're not end game content for everyone, some players will come to the game and start these zones before they've finished the other content.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T@rty wrote: »
    So now we are supposed to grind a couple of areas for a raw materials? I certainly did not think it 'stupid' having both in Wrothgar and indeed Cyrodiil.
    The only reason anyone had an issue with there being both ranks there is because VR16 gear takes so many mats to make (IIRC 120 - 150 per piece), so with most of the nodes being VR9-14 mats it was a real grind to be able to get enough mats to make a full set of gear.

Of course, the equipment writs on PTS before Wrothgar's release were for all VR15 items, without any VR9 items. That, combined with how rare VR15 mats were, made them obviously a terrible waste of mats to do, so before they went live they changed them so that top tier equipment writs would only require a single VR15 item. Now that they've changed the nodes to all be top tier (if you've got the skill points in the right place anyway), I think they could probably change the writs back to the way they were on the PTS.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    You can farm V9 in Craglorn
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the writs change too?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the writs change too?
    Nope. I just did some of them last night, and the writs still ask for mostly VR9 stuff, with 1 VR15 item.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)