Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeons

Kholty22
Kholty22
✭✭✭
Keep in mind I took a long break from the game lol a friend of mine recently just got the game and we're lvl 17. I wanted to show him what dungeons were like. Every time we used the group finder tool it lumped us with VR people and the dungeon would be VR16. I understand they made a change to the grouping tool but how do we get it to be our level? Is it only possible by finding the players on your own without the tool? Do have to not be in a party, enter the dungeon, then invite to party? Please elaborate.

Best Answers

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the Group Finder Tool scales the dungeon to Vr 16. In order to do a dungeon at your level you can't use the Group Finder. Using the tool you do get buffs if your not VR 16 and gear always drops to your level instead of group leaders level.
    Edited by RebornV3x on March 11, 2016 8:32PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Answer ✓
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only "group dungeons" scale to player levels...and these dungeons get aggravating, glitchy and weird. I've played for nine months and have five vet characters, and I still spent a half hour with my guild mates trying to get a stupid pledge to work right this weekend.

If showing a newbie what play is like, maybe try a public dungeon. These are designated as stone arch icons, but without the plus sign. A public dungeon isn't "private," - you will encounter other humans in there, as opposed to the group dungeons that put your group on its own layer. But public dungeons are scaled to their area - the mobs inside are always the same level. Each public dungeon has 1-2 quests, 4-8 mini bosses, a sky shard, and a "group event" boss that awards a skill point. There are extensive maps online that will show you where all of these spawn, if you want help.

If you're level 17 characters running dungeons together, you probably want to try the public dungeons in zone 2 or 3 of your faction (for example, grant wood or green shade if your aldmeri).
    Answer ✓