Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

returning player, got a few questions

tgoodchildjrb14_ESO
tgoodchildjrb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
so, as above, returning player, have a vr2 nightblade
but mostly 2 questions, first i am returning with my wife, she would like to try game, i have second account also (brothers old account) only game option logging in is "US" how do i get me and my wife at same spot same place to be able to group together?
second question, any suggestions for a good duo combo?
  • XxLTCarryxX
    If your on 2 different Consoles. You can play at the same time.

But you need to be in the SAME Alliance to play together.

Once in the game you can party up (Group up) but using your START button when next to then player, using the thumb stick to select the Group option.

If you are lost, go into your menu.

Go down to Social.

Select Group.

Then go to Invite Player.

Then type in (Players Name)

and it will invite them. They just got to accept the invite.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The previous poster had some good info. Let me add:

1. Yes, you need separate accounts on separate consoles. Yes, you need to both be on the US servers. Yes, you need to choose same alliance.

2. Once she creates a character and plays the started Coldharbour content, she'll be dropped off in her starter zone (vukel guard for Almeri). Log into your character and go meet her at the boat. If you see her, success. If not, try to group by going to your social menu then inviting her to a group. When groups, characters can travel to one another for free.

3. Different "layers". When you group with your wife, there may be sections of the map where you're on different layers. For example, let's say your character cleared a town that was under pirate attack and then it became a functioning town. If you go there, it's a town. If she goes there, pirate attack. If you go together, you'll be shoved into these different layers and you won't see each other. This mostly only happens in quests - you can still do all dungeons and delves together fine. Just be aware that a vet running with a new player might have this disappearing and reappearing issue - it's not a bug.

4. To totally play together, maybe start a second character and do all the content together. Two players working together level way fast, and your second character gets all the champion points that you've earned on your prime.

5. What she should be depends on how experienced of a gamer she is, and how she likes to play. However, my suggestion is that she try magic Templar. It's a good "starter class" that is easy to play for a newbie. And it's versatile - if she likes to attack from range, she can build a ranged attacker. If she likes to get in and fight face to face, also doable. Also, Nightblades suffer from being squishy and having resource issues. I have a couple of NBs, and I love playing with Templar friends. Their heals and blessed shards are awesome help.

Have fun!