Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag- Bal Anxiety

MUSTACHMAN654
MUSTACHMAN654
✭✭
Hello, I am a level 44 orc dragon knight, eager to explore the far corners of Tamriel. I have been informed that I must complete the main quest line in order to travel to the other alliance's territory, but after I have witnessed the fight against Molag-Bal on youtube, I have grown to fear the Daedric prince. I have been informed on the forums that Molag-Bal is excruciatingly difficult to defeat, and that he could destroy you with his variety of attacks that he possesses. I even heard of a glitch in which when you defeat Molag-Bal, there is a chance that your game will crash. I was so fearful of this fight that I could barely consume my dinner. Please assist me in defeating the daedric price of schemes to explore the remaining segments of Tamriel.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's actually not that bad. He hits like a truck, but he can't heal himself, so make sure to block/dodge his hits and keep scratching away at him.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Feisty_Khajiit128
    Feisty_Khajiit128
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, the fight is pretty anti-climactic.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

Khajiit Nightblade- V15
    Imperial Templar- V1
    Altmer Sorc- Lvl 28
    Dunmer Nightblade- Lvl 19 (WIP)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about Molag-Bal when you fight him in the main questline, or are you talking about his simulacrum in the Imperial City sewers?

When you're fighting the real Molag-Bal it's not such a tough fight (because you're infused with divine energy). Fighting the copy of him in the sewers is a much tougher fight, and you generally want a full raid with you to do it.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a .... pretty horrible time, but didn't actually die.

Keep them self-heals and potions coming. Unlike most of the rest of the universe, the initial Molag Bal fight does NOT have one of those $@#%$#$ timers where after a certain point everything goes to sh*t. So you can do a long slow burn.. which for RP purposes was actually a good thing for me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Keep them self-heals and potions coming. Unlike most of the rest of the universe, the initial Molag Bal fight does NOT have one of those $@#%$#$ timers where after a certain point everything goes to sh*t. So you can do a long slow burn.. which for RP purposes was actually a good thing for me.

My class consists of being a dragon knight, so I do not possess any self healing spells, but I do have many potions. Though I believe that after you use a potion, it creates a timer for when you may use a potion again.
  • Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep moving and you'll be fine. Ranged attacks work better for this fight in my opinion.
    "Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awa... dk currently has the strongest self heal in game and it even damages... burning embers. Since the heal is dependent on damage and your damage is increased 10fold by the buff, your health bar probably doesn't even twitch. DK also has dragon blood which instantly heals 33% of missing health, use it if it gets hairy.

Remember to block when the titans pop (the flying dragon-like things) and let them kill themselves as you reflect their fireballs while blocking. You don't even need reflective scales.

And remember: I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

My class consists of being a dragon knight, so I do not possess any self healing spells, but I do have many potions. Though I believe that after you use a potion, it creates a timer for when you may use a potion again.
    Between Burning Embers, Igneous Shield, Dragon Blood, and the resource replenishment when you pop an ultimate, DKs are the kings of self-heals right now.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

And remember: I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Are you saying that he is the Kwisatz Haderach? :)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Are you talking about Molag-Bal when you fight him in the main questline, or are you talking about his simulacrum in the Imperial City sewers?

When you're fighting the real Molag-Bal it's not such a tough fight (because you're infused with divine energy). Fighting the copy of him in the sewers is a much tougher fight, and you generally want a full raid with you to do it.

A full raid? Him and all middle portals are doable with a 3 man. A duo could do it. I reckon some people could even solo him.

Op, questline Molag bal is super easy. Even first time around with no CP. Just dodge his jump in the air attack.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »

A full raid? Him and all middle portals are doable with a 3 man. A duo could do it. I reckon some people could even solo him.
    Which I'm sure would work out just fine when you get ganked right at the end when you're low on resources... By the full enemy raid coming to farm him...

It's also kind of hilarious that you're looking at what the top 1% of players can do and thinking that somehow means that because they can do it the statement "you generally want a full raid with you to do it" somehow isn't 100% valid. I mean, by your logic you don't generally want a full 12-man team to do trials, because some people can do it in a small group.

Like I said, you generally want a full raid with you to do it.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Duncan as well as Gurney had their own version of the mantra, and while both of them were "almost successes" in the Bene Gesserit scheme, they were not the Kwisatz Haderach. Paul knew and lived by it long before he made the step to unlock his latent abilities and the mentats naturally knew the essence of the mantra by virtue of their dependence on logic.

The litany, while a teaching of the Bene Gesserit, in and of itself was not limited to females. Even Feyd Rautha knew it and he wasn't even Bene Gesserit trained.

That said, I just tried to give the OP a means to combat his apprehension of the battle o:)

/nerd-mode
    Edited by Leandor on March 12, 2016 12:02AM
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Remember one thing; it's a Soloable boss. They wouldn't set his abilities in a certain way if they didn't want people to be able to solo him.
    Just keep on your toes and fight in 3rd person to see where he's going to show up. I defeated him about 6 months ago with my Sorcerer (and I have bad gear choices). So if I can do it, you can do it.
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the slow blade penetrates the shield and moods are for cattle and love play