Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lack of simpler info for beginning players?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
I think there is a need for a defined forum category for say... players on levels 1 to 20. Most posts and discussions use way too many acronyms and involve a lot of more technical issues that lower level players aren't going to know up from down about.

The game is complex and a new player gets hit with many issues while just trying to stay alive during the first encounters with the denizens in this game. Not to mention the 3 ring circuses in towns.

I think the game loses too many new players because of this lack of communication.

Everybody wants to be seen as a "know it all"...nobody discusses the basics?
I know nutting....
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    Like the sticky at the top of the page?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is the content of the forum is entirely determined by the players who visit it and most of the people who visit the forum have been playing long enough that they don't need to ask about the basics. It wouldn't make any sense for long time players to ask about the basics when they already know the answer just in case a new person happens to be visiting the forum and wants to know that info.

But that doesn't mean you or I or anyone else who is still learning the basics can't ask about things we don't understand. In my experience people are generally helpful.

(There's also a search function which will show you relevant topics from all the way back to launch, so that might help if the question has been asked before.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    I've been playing this for quite a while and learn something every time I read the forum. For beginners, the terms used in threads here can be very confusing but I've found many members are willing to simplify for the n00b.

I also found this helpful:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bCLn-1zDOVODJsNEpKNFVDTVE/view

And there may be others out there.

Once I learned more of these terms, the easier it was to understand the forum.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised the word "pledge" isn't in that list, as in how people look for "silver/gold pledges".
    Edited by Benie on March 14, 2016 12:55AM
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer