Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't decide on main please help advise with this.

Hellwigs
Hellwigs
Soul Shriven
Hi all,

I have all 4 classes to around level 25 and like all 4 classes but really want to stick to one to work on the char, however I am having a really hard time deciding so was hoping if I say on here how I like to play, you fine folks can advise on what you think and hopefully it helps me pick a main.

I solo pve most of time, I like to explore and also like to check out dungeons most of time solo but with the odd group.
I like to have good self heals and I know I prefer magicka, I do like to start the battle from afar then jump in and get in their face. I will also like to try some pvp later but that's not a thing at this moment. I would like a char that if I wanted they would work well on stamina too if I fancied a change later on.

now the things I do like about the chars I have - The Nightblade I do enjoy as I like to attack from distance then teleport strike in and pound on them, The Templar I really like the self heals, The Sorc I enjoy the spells he has in fact They are some of my fav in the game but don't like his self heals. The Dragonknight has cool looking spells which makes is enjoying to watch.

I am not in for min/maxing I just like to enjoy the game and got to the point where I was levelling all 4 chars which is killing the game for me really as lots of repeat quests and zones so really want to pick one char and go to the higher levels to explore new places and people.

I am thankful for any help I get as I do enjoy all the classes and the game is great.

Thanks
PC - EU Server
Daggerfall Covenant
Hellwigs. - Khajit Nightblade
Hamsolo - Imperial Nightblade
Steelix - Imperial Templar
Lonely Shepherd - Dark Elf Dragonknight
Fragments. - Imperial Sorcerer
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If youre into solo pveing, id go magicka sorc with the healing morph twilight pet. Youll have good dmg and great heals.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a magic nb would be what you want for the various ways to be fast and Destro resto. To start fights drop shadow image heavy flame attack lotus fan, cloak, concealed weapon soul tether as ultimate. A few sap essences teleport back oh wait everything's dead. If you can pvp for a couple of weeks get proxy det you can do all the content in the game. Healing ward and mutagen for your heals.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing since the beta, have taken all 4 classes up to vr16. All four classes are perfectly viable in solo PVE play. Only you can pick which class/playstyle that you prefer. Personally, I prefer the NB class, their heals are second only to Templars and they have great DPS, although I have enjoyed playing all 4 classes. If you can not pick one class to stick with, you may want to level your characters in different ways. Level one by doing only questing, another by doing group dungeons. With the new random dungeon feature, you can get large chunks of XP from doing the group dungeons in GF, level a third alt by doing the DLC zones, if you have access to them, If you like you can take a 4th alt into Cyrodil and try some PVP. As far as a class that can be switched from Magicka to stamina, sorc is probably the weakest stamina class, not that it isn't doable, but the other 3 classes do it better. Have fun.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Hellwigs
    Hellwigs
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your advice, there is some good advice there, the level them different ways idea is interesting, didn't think of that. Ideally I would like to play one more than the rest and with what you kind folk have said, I'm thinking the night blade is gonna be the one as I do love the sneaky part. I used to enjoy the rogue on wow back in the days.

One last question if you don't mind.

Would I be gimping myself on my nb as an imperial race?

Also did they fixed the racial on khajit as I love that race I did make a new nb as khajit but didn't play him as much as my lvl 25 imp nb. Is the 8% crit worth playing a khajit as magicka nb

Sorry for never ending questions.

Thanks again.
    PC - EU Server
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you would really enjoy a Magicka Sorc pet build. Seems to match your description to a tee.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/1-6-6-the-unholy-herdsman-thelons-pet-build/
  • Hellwigs
    Hellwigs
    Soul Shriven
    Dang Thelon that is mint, I'm making a Breton sorc as that is exactly what I'm looking for, I have subscribed to your YouTube as well
    PC - EU Server
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Hellwigs
    Hellwigs
    Soul Shriven
    I'm getting on this now as it's got me excited for the sorc, also Breton one of my fav classes, I like there style in armour.
    PC - EU Server
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I'm busy updating the build for the new update and I'll post some new vids when it's all ready.

And ya Breton Armor is great, I really like the light armor helms for that Mortal Kombat mask!