Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2-3 disconnects per hour... ZENIMAX please respond.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm tired of this nonsense. The freezing on load screens and then boots is HORRID... not to mention the voice chat constantly messing up.

This has only been happening since last maintenance... and its doing it to me on both my PS4s (one of which is brand new). So it has to be on your end... I'm not the only one suffering either...
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting black screens after the last update. I have to kill the game and start again. Usually I die because I am fighting a MOB.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... took all of 2 minutes to get my first blue screen today. I was on the character selection screen. It's so messed up!!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 hour in - 3 disconnects, and now lost voice chat completely. My wife and I both have ESO+ that won't renew at the turn of this period. You lost us.
  • Egonic
    Egonic
    Isn't it already obvious that they will fix these problems?
    Giving feedback and ranting is different btw... you could have made a thread that was constructive and helpful, but you chose whining.

The amount of angry threads in this forum wow... relax, I have been on this forum a few days and I have seen more useless unhelpful posts here than anywhere else.
    Show some respect to people who are doing their job... if you are having so much trouble playing right now, take a break go do something else.

Love comments like "I am ESO+ so I am entitled"
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egonic, you think YOUR post is helpful? You're just whining about people - at least our posts are informative. And yes, I pay for a product - on TWO different accounts, so I expect to receive a working system. I don't expect it to be flawless, but I do expect it to be at least a bit functional.

Right now, disconnnects, voice chat issues, blue screens, unworkable glitches are about 30 minutes apart from each other during gameplay. This means you barely have time to run a dungeon (if you speed run) without running into an issue. THAT is not a functional game in my opinion.

"Isn't it already obvious that they will fix these problems?" - well, you'd think, wouldn't you? But 8 months in with the same blue screen/disconnects I'd say it's not as "obvious" as you'd like to think and believe. Maybe you haven't played long enough to know this - so I'll cut you some slack on that one. But if you have nothing to add to the thread other than a whine and whinge because someone is trying to inform Zenimax of the errors in their game - then I'd suggest you don't comment at all.
  • beerninja
    beerninja
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    at least our posts are informative

Informative? Let's talk about that shall we:
    • You did not list your NAT type
    • You did not mention whether or not you have updated your router firmware
    • You did not explain your network configuration (wired, wireless, cascaded routers, switches, etc)
    • You have not mentioned whether you tried plugging the PS4 directly into your router/gateway
    • You have not mentioned which server you tried to connect to and which country you are connecting from.
    • You have not mentioned the ambient room temperature of where your PS4 is located
    • You have not mentioned whether you have attempted to play other games to determine if the problem is ESO specific.
    • You have not mentioned whether you have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the game.
    • You have not attempted to connect the PS4 to a neighbor's connection for testing purposes.

tumblr_nwy1lzJQkh1sbmu4ao1_500.jpg
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay... I'll give you informative...

I'm connected directly to router via ethernet.

I have 100 mbps fiber optics (upload AND download speeds are both 100 meg).

PNG test is 3ms

North American Server PS4 (obviously since I'm in that forum - just in case you need that info)

Ambient room temperature fluctuates from 60-70 degrees fahrenheit

I have uninstalled the game and re-downloaded all content. I even have a brand new ps4 having the same problems.

It is ESO specific. I never have these issues with any other online game. GTA V works fine, COD works fine, FIFA 16 works fine etc... only ESO do I have these blue screens.

My PS4 has the same issue 150 miles away at my families household and their internet.

I think since my guild mates are ALL experiencing these issues - it's safe to say its an ESO issue.

Enough for you??

Incidentally - 7 blue screens in the last 2 hours of play today.

After a LOT of testing, blue screens usually happen when entering (or exiting) load screens most. After exiting a crafting table (or entering it) also causes intermittent crashes. Voice chat issues are non-specific and don't appear to have any pattern.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Egonic wrote: »
    Giving feedback and ranting is different btw... you could have made a thread that was constructive and helpful, but you chose whining.

The amount of angry threads in this forum wow... relax, I have been on this forum a few days and I have seen more useless unhelpful posts here than anywhere else.
    Show some respect to people who are doing their job... if you are having so much trouble playing right now, take a break go do something else.

Love comments like "I am ESO+ so I am entitled"
    they will fix these problems

Patrick-Star-Meme-01.jpg

There are still people who believe this.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite blue-screen to date just happened... (sense the sarcasm just in case you need to)...

Log in to play, load my character and before I can even move ... boom. Blue screen.

If you needed more evidence that the constant crashes are NOT related to any singular action, then it is right there.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay... I'll give you informative...

I'm connected directly to router via ethernet.

I have 100 mbps fiber optics (upload AND download speeds are both 100 meg).

PNG test is 3ms

North American Server PS4 (obviously since I'm in that forum - just in case you need that info)

Ambient room temperature fluctuates from 60-70 degrees fahrenheit

I have uninstalled the game and re-downloaded all content. I even have a brand new ps4 having the same problems.

It is ESO specific. I never have these issues with any other online game. GTA V works fine, COD works fine, FIFA 16 works fine etc... only ESO do I have these blue screens.

My PS4 has the same issue 150 miles away at my families household and their internet.

I think since my guild mates are ALL experiencing these issues - it's safe to say its an ESO issue.

Enough for you??

Incidentally - 7 blue screens in the last 2 hours of play today.

After a LOT of testing, blue screens usually happen when entering (or exiting) load screens most. After exiting a crafting table (or entering it) also causes intermittent crashes. Voice chat issues are non-specific and don't appear to have any pattern.

What about static IP's and who are you using for your DNS servers? Have you tried doing a continuous ping what for the issue to occur and check for lost packets?

Btw I am just trying to be helpful not saying anything is on your end or any such just trying to see if it's possible to tie down the issue. Maybe this is an ESO issue.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    so all this has nothing to do with what we all have in common. we all have the same issues with the game blue screens etc.

we all have different routers, isp's and rely on varying countries internet infrastructure to use the internet. so there are many differences before you get to common ground.

we all play on ps4 so maybe its a ps4 fault.

we all use the PSN so maybe its a psn fault.

or just perhaps there might be a chance that the problem is ESO side.

Since zenimax has said publicly that they do not have the means or the will to address their own hardware situation i would also suggest that they have little or interest in fixing bugs or glitches in the game, so long as the money keeps rolling in and there are no lawsuits for selling "Goods not fit for purpose" and not of "satisfactory quality" - UK Sale of Goods act 1979

im sure if the cost of legal fees was more than the cost to fix the game then something would be done, in no time at all.
  • DarkDeller
    I cant even pvp. As soon as i run into a group bam i dc. Im from australia, but have never had a problem with gya, bf or anyother online game
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played on PC for a year before moving to PS4 (no, I missed the transfer window and had to start again!). On PC, playing mostly PVP, I did have frame rate issues (not ZoS's fault), but lag issues weren't game breaking and crashes were a weekly rather than hourly occurrence.

The PS4 crashes often. I don't even bother with PVP when the pops are full as it is a rubber-banding, surrealist nightmare that ends in a screen of frozen players ... every time. Worse yet, I was in a dungeon last week and experienced lag there, which is a real worry. I get that 20 people spamming AOEs makes the megaserver cry, but a simple little PVE dungeon? Yikes.

It does seem worse after the last patch. Now, I am using the same router and the same ISP as I did with PC. I have done pretty much everything ZoS's helpers suggested including reinstalling the game. I also acknowledge that playing from AUS means latency issues (between 200 and 300+). But crashing and lag spikes were never this bad on PC. Nor have I noticed this kind of thing when playing Destiny or SW Battlefront on PS4.

Yes, this is another whiny post about lag, but I am not sure ZoS get it. It truly gives me sad panda eyes knowing that the constant pressure of having to release new content means they may never adequately deal with what are game-quitting issues. If they do fix this up, then I will renew my ESO+ membership in a second. Kinda feel it is a BIG if, though. Let's just say my fingers are crossed but I am not holding my breath. Or maybe I should just buy a new PC and get my ESO fix in a less laggy, crashy way (DirectX11 compatible, of course).
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can categorically tell you this... on my Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade (VR16) each time I go to do my clothing writs in Wrothgar EVERY TIME I exit the clothing station in the Clothier's of Orsinium (after crafting my writ) the game blue screens. Without fail. Every single day... I can replicate it as many times as you want me to.

This IS and ESO problem. We all know it. I don't know why we are even trying to bother to make excuses for them or find out other reasons. When all my guild buddies are reporting the same problems - like the other poster said, and we all have different setups - the common factor is PS4/PSN/ESO.... simple. It's one of those four.

Now, we can eliminate PS4 and PSN in the main because I don't have the same issues with other games...

That leaves one, single common denominator.... Elderscrolls Online... I wonder who the culprit could be... hmmm... let me call Poirot.
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can categorically tell you this... on my Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade (VR16) each time I go to do my clothing writs in Wrothgar EVERY TIME I exit the clothing station in the Clothier's of Orsinium (after crafting my writ) the game blue screens. Without fail. Every single day... I can replicate it as many times as you want me to.

This IS and ESO problem. We all know it. I don't know why we are even trying to bother to make excuses for them or find out other reasons. When all my guild buddies are reporting the same problems - like the other poster said, and we all have different setups - the common factor is PS4/PSN/ESO.... simple. It's one of those four.

Now, we can eliminate PS4 and PSN in the main because I don't have the same issues with other games...

That leaves one, single common denominator.... Elderscrolls Online... I wonder who the culprit could be... hmmm... let me call Poirot.

Can we get columbo on the case as well?

Looks like we got a case of broken game and some missing developers, and some ZOS forum bunnies who only care about PC noobs.

Maybe we need mulder and scully on the case
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another blue screen report sent to sony.

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Too many people seem to forget that ESO is just poorly coded, and no amount of hardware fixes will improve a broken game.

I feel like ESO was a house built on quicksand, put as many pillars as you want under the house ... Its still going to sink.
    Once they fix the coding, then the game will perform better.

Stop blaming yourselves or other players, is ESO thats the issue.

Cant tell you how many times I've been DC due to "no Internet" yet the whole time still talking in party chat.

Or just riding along, then kicked out of the game for "spamming messages" ... Thats my favorite one.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    more blue screens today, yawn.....
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same blue screens, different day.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. Blue screens and freezes... I actually am playing a little drinking game. I have to guess whether its blue screen or game freeze that hits next. If I guess wrong I have to do two shots.. I do one shot if I'm right (since I need the alcohol to calm me down from either one).

And I take a swig on my beer for every minute I spend in queue for the dungeon finder. I've woken up with a MASSIVE hangover and an appointment for the next AA meeting...
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night (3/24/16), I was kicked to Xbox dashboard a few times in two hours. Old Orsinium looked like an old stop-motion movie.
  • ShadowFoxx
    The frame rate drops in city"s is unbearable, major hitching and hangups. Game is freezing / crashing and stuttering like crazy after this patch, before this patch it was fine. ZOS you guys really need to proof read this patch and fix it because this game is unplayable now!