Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much unbuffed spell damage and crit should you have as sorc

Chims
Chims
✭✭✭
I always see all these buffed numbers of people with 3k damage and I am wondering how much damage that is unbuffed and what exactly causes it to go so high?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well when it's 3k, that because there using dual gold v16 swords.

Usually 3x willpower with 3x spell dmg enchants on (gold = 174 per enchant)

Then then run 5x kagrenac's which is 224 more spell dmg. Then it's usually something like 4x magnus to go with it which is 129 more spell dmg.

Thats the typical set up, the easily craftable and cheap version,

Some go 1 skoria, 3x arch mage or something if i remember right
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Chims
    Chims
    ✭✭✭
    definitely good to know, I am only sitting at 1466 currently at VR 13. I just feel like I am so far behind.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chims wrote: »
    definitely good to know, I am only sitting at 1466 currently at VR 13. I just feel like I am so far behind.

It's because your not v16, If pvp or one of the dlc you'll be battle leveled, make sure you weapons are at least blue and are your level.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    depends on if you use a staff or DW swords.

if you use staff.. go 5pc julianos and 3pc magnus (or 3pc torugs) with willpower jewelry

if you use dw swords.. 5pc julianos with 2pc magnus and both swords torugs pact works well too.

the armor set up changes if you are lucky enough to get a hold of molag kena monster items.

then put spell damage enchants on each piece of jewelry separately until you have a nice balance of magicka regen/spell dmg that you are comfortable with.

you can also use the apprentice mundus stone for a spell dmg buff.

ive got 3100 spell dmg buffed, 1200 magicka regen, 48% crit and 37k magicka on my v16 using desto/resto staff. thats with all v15 purple gear and some lower lvl jewelry. could get higher with v16 gold armor and v16 rings.
    Edited by Saint314Louis1985 on March 10, 2016 6:21PM
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its hard when you're in that VR 13 range because you KNOW you're close to 16 but it still feels kinda far away. you really shouldnt have to worry too much about your spell damage and gear until you get to VR 16, where you can focus entirely on it.

You could run 5 martial knowledge (might need to get them to at least blue) and cyrodiil's light jewlery with 2 torug's pact. That got me by till VR 16 when I switched out to 5 piece julianos 2 torug's pact with willpower jewlery. (trying to get the kena Shoulders)
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some V16 unbuffed numbers -- no food, no inner light, nothing except passives (6% expert mage on both setups, I think). Breton Sorc; all V16 gold, thief mundus.

When you start adding buffs, you see the big numbers people throw around, and you can always tailor specifics to your playstyle. I gave up spell damage for regen recently; I'm happy with that trade-off so far.

2 piece Nerien'eth (max magicka) - helm with crappy trait
    5 piece Julianos (max magicka) - all divines
    3 piece Willpower - two spell damage, 1 regen
    2 piece Torgus DW - nirn

Max Magicka - 32k
    Spell damage - 2700
    Spell Crit - 54%
    Mag regen - 1100
    5 piece Kagnerac's (max magicka) - divines/infused
    1 piece Kena (max magicka) - crappy trait
    3 piece Willpower - two spell damage, 1 regen
    2 piece Torugs - divines/nirn staff

Max Magicka - 33k
    Spell damage - 2500
    Spell Crit - 45%
    Mag regen - 1300
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos x5 Succession x3 willpower x3 = couple hundred over 3k buffed by surge, 2900ish pre buff I believe, gold willpower staff

Or Kena x1, willpower x3, torug x2, julianos x5, definitely over 3k staff.
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 11, 2016 6:18PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say unbuffed 2600 or more is about right.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue as a V16 Stam DK; I grouped for a Vet dungeon yesterday and was asked what my weapon damage was (around 1,365 unbuffed) and was kicked.

I have purple everything and a yellow helmet (Kyne's Kiss set). Right now I don't have the funds to buy a hunding's rage set.

My question is, how do I raise my damage? I've heard potions...but what potions specifically and how much do they cost?
    PS4 NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increases to dmg : armor set bonuses, passive abilities and class passives and abilities, enchantments

Most important are armor and glyphs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use 4xmagnus, 4xmara and 3x willpower. Divines, infused, enchantments magica and spellpower on jewels. 450 cp. Witout food buff 33k magica and 2.7k spellpower. With buff 38k magica. About 30-40% spelcrit.
    Edited by LarsS on March 12, 2016 5:03PM
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC