Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blazing shield question

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
If I pop blazing shield do all attacks increase the strength of the shield? For example if I use biting jabs right after will that increase the strength or only basic attacks?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blazing Shield is stronger the more people are within your nearest vicinity. When that shield cap is expended (within the 6 second duration) it explodes for the damage laid into it. Obviously the nerf to health multiplier, shield size, and damage output have triple-nerfed this skill. As a Stamplar I don't even bother with BS anymore, and it use to be one of my favorite magicka dumps. It was also a great counter to DK's who talon and circle.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Templar Shield really is out healing the damage you are taking.

Don't use the Shield Skill, it's a waste of a slot.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well technically if you run like 50k health that still could be worth it :tongue:
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Well technically if you run like 50k health that still could be worth it :tongue:

That would be a 3,000 point shield without any CP:

(12% * 50,000) / 2 = 3,000
    ^ It's halved b/c it's Cyrodiil

That's a really weak shield imho. It could use a buff.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »

That would be a 3,000 point shield without any CP:

(12% * 50,000) / 2 = 3,000
    ^ It's halved b/c it's Cyrodiil

That's a really weak shield imho. It could use a buff.

Wait, isn't it 1/3 your health outside of Cyro?*confused*
    At 50k health it should then give you nearly 10k shield in Cyro which is not bad at all. A guildie of mine runs that sometimes I think.
    Edited by Magdalina on February 1, 2016 8:02PM
  • Cordain99
    Cordain99
    I'm working on an imperial tank that uses Blazing Shield. The tool tip is a bit misleading the strength is increased based on the number of targets in the area when you cast it...not sure if there is a cap on it yet. So my build is 65k HP in cyrodiil. In a 1v1 fight the shield strength is ((65000 × .3) × (1.24 for bastion + .04 for 1 target in range) ÷ 2 for cyrodiil nerf = 12,480. Very nice shield. And it explodes for 6,240. Jump into a zerg ball and have a conservative 10 people in range ((65000 × .3) × ( 1.24 + .04 × 10) ÷ 2 = 15,990 detonating for 7995 So I would say it's still a good skill if you spec LOTS of health.

Imagine emp with this build in a zerg ball ((65000 ×1.75 emp buff) × .3) × 1.24 + .04 ×10) ÷ 2 = 27,982 shield and detonating for 13,991.
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    Cordain99 wrote: »
    I'm working on an imperial tank that uses Blazing Shield. The tool tip is a bit misleading the strength is increased based on the number of targets in the area when you cast it...not sure if there is a cap on it yet. So my build is 65k HP in cyrodiil. In a 1v1 fight the shield strength is ((65000 × .3) × (1.24 for bastion + .04 for 1 target in range) ÷ 2 for cyrodiil nerf = 12,480. Very nice shield. And it explodes for 6,240. Jump into a zerg ball and have a conservative 10 people in range ((65000 × .3) × ( 1.24 + .04 × 10) ÷ 2 = 15,990 detonating for 7995 So I would say it's still a good skill if you spec LOTS of health.

Imagine emp with this build in a zerg ball ((65000 ×1.75 emp buff) × .3) × 1.24 + .04 ×10) ÷ 2 = 27,982 shield and detonating for 13,991.

Would this work in the no cp campaigns?