The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Total freaking noob needs help

Lightreaver
Lightreaver
Soul Shriven
Alright guys,

I'm new to the game and have to admit that while I consider myself a relatively astute individual, I find myself deeply confounded by the mechanics of both class and combat mechanics. Maybe I'm getting old, decrepitude grasping me firmly, the gentle smell of urine wafting up as I sit here trying to find my ass with both hands.

..or maybe its just overwhelming. Probably a little from column a, a little column b.

I have tried to read some of the player guides, however ever the starter portion assumes a general understanding beyond my comprehension (I JUST figured out that "VR" doesn't stand for "Very Rad", DOH)

Simply put, I need some very simple direct info to start with.

My goal is to play a Tank/DPS DK. I currently have a lvl 21 Redguard who has fought exclusively with a 1h weapon and shield, in heavy armor.

My skill choices are a complete dogs breakfast. I manage well enough to mash the keys and stay alive whilei kill things, however grouping with other players quickly reveals a significant skill/spec gap.

Can anyone start off by suggesting a strong utility build (doesn't have to be the absolute best) that I would NOT need to develop tourettes to be able to play...something i can level with. I'm not looking to group up too much now.

Thanks in advance to anyone who doesn't just link to a 30 minute similar to what i describe above.

Tenderflake
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    What platform and server are you on? I'd love to help and share knowledge but if I sit here and type we'd be writing books and going back and forth for days.
  • Lightreaver
    Lightreaver
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the response Chad,

I'm one Xbox one, NA megaserver
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Perfect. If you would like I would be more then happy to hook up with you and help you the best I can. I have a small guild of tight knit players that are on the higher skill tier. Not by any means saying we are the best but all of our core embers are very knowledgeable about the game and its mechanics. We mostly pvp but we do pve and have those that mainly pve as well. We'd be more than happy to help.
  • Lightreaver
    Lightreaver
    Soul Shriven
    Appreciate it.

I like to figure things out myself if I can, but this is really a case of "you don't know what you don't know"
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    I completely understand. When will you be on and what is your gamer tag?
  • Lightreaver
    Lightreaver
    Soul Shriven
    I'll be back in tomorrow (I'm in eastern timezone) , hit me up on Sirloinofbeef77

I'm generally on through the day, most evenings for a while also
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I'll see you at some point tomorrow. My gamer tag is the same as my name here so look for an invite. I'm eastern time as well.
  • Lightreaver
    Lightreaver
    Soul Shriven
    Tried to add your gamer tag, tried messaging you here also, fail on both counts. Let me know whenever your free and we'll get to work.

Thanks again!
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Will do. I will be home early afternoon. I'll hook up with you then