The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

magicka nightblade need advice

imenace
imenace
✭✭✭
my magicka nightblade literally does no damage, i dont have the best gear ( 39k magicka 3k spell) but even so i literally do nothing, currently im running a melee magblade ( concealed lotus etc ).. beggining to think maybe my build is just bad atm, any advice?
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    imenace wrote: »
    my magicka nightblade literally does no damage, i dont have the best gear ( 39k magicka 3k spell) but even so i literally do nothing, currently im running a melee magblade ( concealed lotus etc ).. beggining to think maybe my build is just bad atm, any advice?

Well those numbers are really good, so it must be skills/playstyle, etc.
    What weapons and skills do you run?
    Here's what I ran on my high dmg magblade:
    5 Julianos, 3 arch mage, 3 willpower, 1 Kena.
    Dual Wield - Sap, concealed, fear, lotus fan, cloak, soul harvest ultimate
    Resto - Proxy det, Double Take, Healing Ward, Shadow Image, harness/mutagen/Cripple, clouding bats

In this patch tho I'm running a snb/resto build, with no cloak and I'm enjoying it more than previous night blade builds I've run.

Edited by Caza99 on March 10, 2016 8:49PM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    Caza99 wrote: »

1 molag kena 5 julianos 3 magnus ( placeholder for when i get $$ ) 3 willpower

dual wield bar: impale, concealed, shadowy disguise, lotus fan, sap essence

resto bar: merciless resolve, healing ward, reapers mark, fear, double take

i just finished grinding this char like 1week ago so i dont have det yet
    Edited by imenace on March 10, 2016 8:48PM
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

OK so you don't need an execute in pvp right now so impale can probably be switched out for something. Try putting fear on front bar instead of impale. Piercing mark > reapers in pvp, and you could probably drop it altogether tbh. Try using cripple instead, its nice to have a dot to keep on the opponent constantly. I would get det ASAP, it's just too good not to use and adds a lot of burst to dw nb.
    Honestly without det I had more success with destro/resto build.
    Edited by Caza99 on March 10, 2016 8:56PM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭

OK so you don't need an execute in pvp right now so impale can probably be switched out for something. Try putting fear on front bar instead of impale. Piercing mark > reapers in pvp, and you could probably drop it altogether tbh. Try using cripple instead, its nice to have a dot to keep on the opponent constantly. I would get det ASAP, it's just too good not to use and adds a lot of burst to dw nb.
    Honestly without det I had more success with destro/resto build.

alright man thanks, i have piercing mark no idea why i said reapers xd, ill try to grind that ap for det asap
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    Without det it can be hard to burst your best bet would be using grim focus for 8%damage buff and start weaving swallow soul, light staff attack, swallow soul, light staff attack, ect to proc your assassins will. If your PvPing try and cc your opponent before you use the assassins will. Having cripple applied to the target during this whole process will raise your dps at the expense of one extra button press and if your using destro you can use destructive reach as 1. An extra dot to be applied if your target cannot remove them 2. A ranged hard cc you could use immediately before an assassins will to maximise chances of them eating the full will damage
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither of the posters use swallow soul and weave? Hmmm
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

That's what I used to do. Though I'm kind of curious about this SnB build now..

@Caza99 , how efficient is it? :open_mouth:
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭

Swallow soul weave is what I was referring to with the destro/resto build I mentioned. Uses merciless resolve for burst and swallow soul weave for constant dps.
    @IndyWendieGo : As for the snb build, I recently made a post on Tam Foundry if you're interested. I have had great success with it. Stats are really good, sitting on nearly 37k magicka and 2.4k recovery with drinks, 26k health but only 2.3k spell dmg. Trying to figure out a way to bump that up a little more without sacrificing too much magicka or recovery. Still learning to play without cloak but so far really enjoy it. It definitely needs improvement so I'd appreciate input if anyone has any.
    I've also been working on a version that uses cloak and been able pull off insane burst damage when paired with magelight. However it sacrifices a bit of survivability though I probably just have to play with it a bit more and find a setup that still gives me some tankiness.
    Edited by Caza99 on March 11, 2016 1:52PM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Swallow soul weave is what I was referring to with the destro/resto build I mentioned. Uses merciless resolve for burst and swallow soul weave for constant dps.
    @IndyWendieGo : As for the snb build, I recently made a post on Tam Foundry if you're interested. I have had great success with it. Stats are really good, sitting on nearly 37k magicka and 2.4k recovery with drinks, 26k health but only 2.3k spell dmg. Trying to figure out a way to bump that up a little more without sacrificing too much magicka or recovery. Still learning to play without cloak but so far really enjoy it. It definitely needs improvement so I'd appreciate input if anyone has any.
    I've also been working on a version that uses cloak and been able pull off insane burst damage when paired with magelight. However it sacrifices a bit of survivability though I probably just have to play with it a bit more and find a setup that still gives me some tankiness.

Ah. My build I just use a DW/Resto build. Once I'm able to get back in the game though, respec everything, and look at the things I can use... I'll probably change a few things. I tend to roll Dunmer (used to do Destro/Resto when I started her), beat the game with just Siphoning and Destro skills (just to show someone I could). Now it's just been a flavor thing for me (rather how I'm feeling that day). Some days I just like throwing people off the bridge near Sejanus. :trollface:
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff with resolve, spell power pot, cripple, cloak, lotus fan, concealed, fear, concealed, Impale. Kills most who don't expect it. Sometimes add in an ultimate after fear.

Cripple is really good though. So sad dropping it next patch. That and Impale need to make room for det and shade.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Buff with resolve, spell power pot, cripple, cloak, lotus fan, concealed, fear, concealed, Impale. Kills most who don't expect it. Sometimes add in an ultimate after fear.

Cripple is really good though. So sad dropping it next patch. That and Impale need to make room for det and shade.

Wait... What's happening to Cripple? I feel out of the loop on this one. D:
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without det use a desto build. Swallow soul as your burst.

With det then use dual sword build, you need det to have enough burst to be able to kill people.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Without det: Burst will come from cloak > charged heavy with fire staff and from merciless resolve. Constant dps will come from swallow soul weave, cripple and concealed to combat reflect builds. Use fear or destructive touch for CC.
    With det: Burst will come from det, constant dps will come from concealed spam and CC will be fear.

Useful skills for both: Shadow image for a great escape, but takes a while to learn how to use properly. Healing ward as main burst heal, cast then cloak or mist form to get the most out of it. Inner light for spell critical and max magicka increase and a tool to detect night blades. Double take gives us mobility and a little bit of defence. Harness Magicka against magicka builds, mainly sorcs. Sap essence is a great way to get the spell power buff and can be effective to pull nbs out of cloak as well. Entropy is an alternative for the spell power buff. Mist form is great if you don't want to use cloak, mitigates a ton of damage and allows you to get the most out of healing ward if you're in a fight.
    Ultimates: Meteor is probably the best single target ultimate right now so definitely slot this if you can. Soul Harvest is up so often it's might as well just be a normal skill in your rotation. Does a lot of damage and great to finish off your enemy. Soul Tether and Bat Swarm are both really good but I tend to go bats because it moves with me. Dawn breaker of smiting is great against vampires and can be damaging to humans too.
    This is all my opinion so don't take this as the best ways or anything
    Edited by Caza99 on March 11, 2016 10:13PM
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Bulljoker
    Bulljoker
    ✭✭✭
    my main is magicka DK, but yesterday i just wanted to play nightblade, he's VR8 only, usualy stamina.. but i changed to magicka,crafted that new alchemy set, julianos,buyed some crapy jewerly for bonus sets..and lets go to pvp. and i have to say, it's just *** awesome. DK is so weak against it .. geez i wish we had account-wide achievements and pvp ranks, i would play the sh*t out of him
    PC EU
    EP - Bull the Ironbreaker - MagDK
    EP - They-renamed-me - MagBlade
    AD - Friendly in Cherno - StamSorc