Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom arena high elf sorc help.

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
I have a v16 high elf sorc and would like to run maelstrom for the achievements obviously. What apart from engine guardian and molag Kena would you use. Also the weapons I don't have the maelstrom weapons so what would you use otherwise.

I thought

5 julianous/ twice born star
2 torug pact
And normal fire staff and resto staff

All light divines.

I have 370 champion points to spend also if that helps with the build.

I would mainly only use this build for pve also so skill wouldn't need to be single target, just need good execution skills.
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16

Best Answer

• Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mainly playing my NB in Maelstrom at the moment, however I tested around with a lot of gear, also the sets you listed.

First of all I didn't find Engine Guardian useful at all, it's too random and very rarely ever procs in the moment that you need it.
    Since Sorcs also have great Magicka Sustain I would definitely go with Kena.

I have a gold set of Julianos and TBS and tested them both. In theory, Julianos should give a little bit more damage, however I can't see any noticeable difference and play with TBS in vMA since the free health and Stamina are really nice.

Apart from that I'm using Willpower all Arcane and enchanted with Spell Power plus a Maelstrom Inferno Staff.(Precise) and a Maelstrom Resto with Sharpened (Precise would be better). Since you don't have that go with a Nirn Firestaff. Restoration Staff is not a must for Sorcs as they have the shield, but on your first runs you might want use one, make it precise.

All divine with thief mundus give you the best damage.

Use a lot of sigils when your struggling and put the shield on your Main Bar. I'm going with minimum health however on your first attempts you should aim for 20k+.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
    Answer ✓
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    I'm mainly playing my NB in Maelstrom at the moment, however I tested around with a lot of gear, also the sets you listed.

First of all I didn't find Engine Guardian useful at all, it's too random and very rarely ever procs in the moment that you need it.
    Since Sorcs also have great Magicka Sustain I would definitely go with Kena.

I have a gold set of Julianos and TBS and tested them both. In theory, Julianos should give a little bit more damage, however I can't see any noticeable difference and play with TBS in vMA since the free health and Stamina are really nice.

Apart from that I'm using Willpower all Arcane and enchanted with Spell Power plus a Maelstrom Inferno Staff.(Precise) and a Maelstrom Resto with Sharpened (Precise would be better). Since you don't have that go with a Nirn Firestaff. Restoration Staff is not a must for Sorcs as they have the shield, but on your first runs you might want use one, make it precise.

All divine with thief mundus give you the best damage.

Use a lot of sigils when your struggling and put the shield on your Main Bar. I'm going with minimum health however on your first attempts you should aim for 20k+.

Sorry for late reply it got lost in the midst of servers going down, I will try nirn staffs and 5 julianous and 2 torug with normal destro and resto until I get enough practice I think.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16