Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The New Motifs

• Levi
    Levi
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, very disappointed with the DC gear. The AD gear looks awesome, and DC is wearing witch doctor masks. *sigh* At least the lion head shoulder pieces look good.
    Edited by Levi on February 13, 2016 3:07AM
    Levi Canonach VR16 Templar Healer - DC NA
    Coda Canonach VR16 Templar Stamina DPS - DC NA
    Faolan D'lanach VR16 Nightblade Healer/DPS - DC NA
    J'Aorka VR16 Nightblade Stamina DPS - AD NA
    Moon'Moon VR16 Dragonknight Tank - DC NA
    Rapha Yeshimone - VR16 Sorcerer Healer/DPS - DC NA
    Trelos Flacara VR1 Dragonknight Magicka DPS - DC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where the style stones for the new motifs are going to drop? I gather Outlaw stones drop from Hew's Bane resources. But what about the rest of them?
    Ayantir wrote: »
    next dlc will be in dunmer zone, and one of the two next will be in black marsh.

Correction: Next DLC is along the Gold Coast, so it's in Cyrodiil.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few screenshots of soul shriven :

Light :

691551soulshrivenv14lightfront.png

Medium :

663300soulshrivenv14mediumfront.png

Heavy :

980399soulshrivenv14heavyfront.png

There is also the weapons on www.eso-fashion.com
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know where the style stones for the new motifs are going to drop? I gather Outlaw stones drop from Hew's Bane resources. But what about the rest of them?
    Ayantir wrote: »
    next dlc will be in dunmer zone, and one of the two next will be in black marsh.

Correction: Next DLC is along the Gold Coast, so it's in Cyrodiil.

Motif ?? - Trinimac - Auric Tusk (chapters found in Orsinium Daily Delve Boxes)
    Motif ?? - Malacath - Potash (chapters found in Orsinium Daily Boss Boxes)
    Motif ?? - Outlaw - Rogue's Soot (chapters found in Thieves Guild Daily Boxes)
    Motif 25 - Alliance AD - Eagle Feather (chapters found in cyrodiil & IC chests)
    Motif 26 - Alliance DC - Lion Fang (chapters found in cyrodiil & IC chests)
    Motif 27 - Alliance EP - Dragon Scute (chapters found in cyrodiil & IC chests)
    Motif ?? - Soul-Shriven - Azure Plasm (Quest Reward - Complete Cadwell's Silver)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ayantir Pic of the Soul Shriven weapons have been taken! (All pics here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247540/soul-shriven-motif-and-katanas)

Some Important observations:
    - Swords are awesome Katanas.
    - Battleaxe is A BIG VERSION OF MORROWIND'S DAEDRIC CLUB YESSSS!!!!
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, might sounds like a noob question but are these motifs in game yet or is it announced for thieves guild update ?

Asking that because I just saw someone with that ebonheart pact light helmet in game

Thanks
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @InfaM You can obtain items in these styles in-game through either dropped or purchaseable sets right now, though some aren't obtainable yet at all. Thieves Guild is going to make all of the listed set styles CRAFTABLE:
    - Trinimac/Malacath style Armors: From Maelstrom Arena and Wrothgar Dailies
    (Elemental Succession, Trinimac's Valor, Hunt Leader, Para Bellum, Mark of the Pariah, Glorious Defender)
    - Trinimac/Malacath style Weapons: Unobtainable
    - Aldmeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact, Daggerfall Covenant style Armors: This style is exclusive right now to the sets purchased at the Tel Var Stone merchants. (Phoenix, Meritorious Service, Powerful Assault, Shield Breaker, Reactive Armor, Black Rose)
    - Aldmeri Dominion, Ebonheart Pact, Daggerfall Covenant style Weapons: From using either 60 Bone Shard, Dark Ether, Bloody Claw, Monstrous Tooth, Planar Armor Scraps, Mark of the Legion in order to open Imperial City trophy vaults. Only dropped items in these Vaults contain weapons in this motif. (Willpower, Endurance, Agility)
    - Soul Shriven style Armor: Unobtainable, but made into Crown Store costumes
    - Soul Shriven Weapons: Unobtainable

There you have it!

Edit: I originally said that the sets would be craftable, but what I meant was that the motifs that these sets were created with will be obtainable and craftable, NOT the sets.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 18, 2016 7:04AM
  • InfaM
    InfaM
    ✭✭✭
    @Doncellius Hey thank you very much for answer , That makes it all clear now :)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your opinion guys would you say it's worth it to hold out on crafting a new set ( given Rubedite's price ), Kuta, legendary temper price ect... until these come out with thieves guild if I REALLY want them? ( I think so, but would like to hear your opinion ) Specifically since you guys in here also like these types of armour / looking good that's why you're in this thread :smile:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duiwel It depends. Appearance doesn't effect character performace so.... having gear that is good enough to complete basically everything on your V16 is important. It may be worth crafting temporary V15 pieces if you don't have powerful stuff on your character already (or just use bought/dropped V15-V16 sets like from Maelstrom Arena). If you already have good stuff and are about to craft your character's final, Legendary armor....

My answer: WAIT!

If a new motif coming with Thieves Guild is something you really want to craft in, you will be VERY happy you waited to make Epic/Legendary equipment with it.

Note: I'm in the same situation. (Katanas)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok then my answer is wait :) thanks @Doncellius appreciate the input.

I have really good VR15 gear (a lot of it is epic) with great glyphs.
    a8ZRSwr.jpg

Not sure about the helmet yet and I might opt for Breton shield instead (prefer the shape) but I really like the Trinimac tree on the shield.

As you can see no leggings yet ( haven't really seen any I like ).
    Edited by Duiwel on February 18, 2016 11:30AM
    @Duiwel:

• Etmer_Fachronies
    Thanks for the pictures and the explanations!

And what about the Thieves Guild style, is there alredy some pictures of it? Is it the same as what we might see on the lastest news from ZOS? Can people already obtain it on the PTS?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duiwel I'm liking it.

I don't know how much it'll really look like this when crafted, but I bet you won't regret it. Nice photoshop btw lol
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos will never release dropped motifs in full book form any more. they have too much fun making crafter's lives a *** at maintaining currency. which that stated, none of the new motifs should be dropped in wrothgar content, they are thieves guild content therefore excluding pvp, none should be at the very least exclusive to old content either that, or everyone who has the achievement for said content be given free the motif. since I pretty sure a person would have gotten the full book for the daily world bosses associated new motif after doing the wb quests for 30 days over 3 characters each.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well...at least for Dwemer, there is a full book that can drop, extremely rarely (it is gold, like Imperial). I thought the same was the case for Xivkyn, but perhaps the newer motifs don't drop in a full book at all.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AzuraKin

Seriously? This isn't some PvP balance issue. It's not about buggy skills. It's not about a unanimously bad change being implemented. This is GREAT news of six new motifs (excluding those within the Thieves Guild DLC itself) becoming available to craft with. ZOS is doing a very good thing here and never even had to bother worrying about it. I find it sad that some people would downtalk ZOS about a legitimately awesome thing like you just did.

1. Pages are tradeable = better economy
    2. No insta-learning the whole book for Julianos/Malacath by previously doing Dailies = would be extremely unfair if given to those select few people. It is akin to claiming every Vet dungeon runner should've been given a full Mercenary book when it released for previously running them. It's like saying anyone who PvPed in Imperial City for 12+ hrs should be given the three alliance motifs for free.
    3. Adds lots of value to Wrothgar Dailies + Imperial City Chests + Cadwell's Silver
    4. All motifs look incredible, and can't be earned by paying 400g at any Guild Store.

Appreciate that ZOS added these cosmetics as a possibility in a reasonable manner (leaving them in demand), rather than complaining like that. There is definitely stuff to be angry about with ZOS, but not this.

@Jayne_Doe There is a full Xivkyn Book. It has a very rare chance of dropping from Imperial City Bosses. Pretty sure I saw it listed on a guild store once.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    zos will never release dropped motifs in full book form any more. they have too much fun making crafter's lives a *** at maintaining currency. which that stated, none of the new motifs should be dropped in wrothgar content, they are thieves guild content therefore excluding pvp, none should be at the very least exclusive to old content either that, or everyone who has the achievement for said content be given free the motif. since I pretty sure a person would have gotten the full book for the daily world bosses associated new motif after doing the wb quests for 30 days over 3 characters each.

Using new content to release to keep older content relevant and important is insanely smart.

Not to mention they styles tied to Orsinium were introduced in, you guessed it Orsium not the thrives guild
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atm tho its basicly impossible to get outlaw helm, leggings, boots and staffs and shoulders. Shame

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    @Jayne_Doe There is a full Xivkyn Book.

That's right 300k drop before TG DLC, not sure if the price dropped or not...

So I assume there is a full book for everything but you will have learned all the pieces long before ever setting eyes on the motif ( even just linked in chat ).
    olsborg wrote: »
    Atm tho its basicly impossible to get outlaw helm, leggings, boots and staffs and shoulders. Shame

Why can't we get leggings or boots?
    @Duiwel:

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to know what the Yokudan style looks like in game, buy a hat and robe of Adroitness from a guild store.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone comfirm if saved bags from Orsinium Delves and World Bosses have a chance to drop Malacath or Trinimac style motifs?

I'm sitting on almost 60 bags on Ps4 and inventory management is ridiculous.

If they don't drop I can open them and be done with it.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Anyone comfirm if saved bags from Orsinium Delves and World Bosses have a chance to drop Malacath or Trinimac style motifs?

I stored containers on 3 chars but didnt get any pages, so far 2 pages out of 6 new containers.
    Duiwel wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »

Sorry man in another thread a guy quoted a ZoS statement saying none of the old bags will be eligible only new daily rewards will. You can save them until launch and see for yourself ( but I am informing you so your hopes are not up since this was confirmed to not be the case ). However if you have rewards of the worthy in your mail save those - they are confirmed to change to the new sets after DLC release ( hope this helps you at least :smile: )

Thank You both
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the answers people!

I was hoping that they would drop but with maybe a smaller drop rate. Whatever though. If you want a great source of income, you can always farm Wrothgar dailies now :smile:

Q: Anyone on PC able to give an estimate on prices regarding any of the new motifs? (I'd guess 50K-100K?)
    Edited by Vaoh on March 12, 2016 3:25AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @acw37162: The old ones didn't drop any Motif pages for me, although you can decon any Malacanth/Trinimac pieces you find for a chance at the trait stones if you save those.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did anyone find an Alliance motif from an opposing alliance?

I went to Cyrodiil last week and found two Dominion motif pages in the open world dungeons (AD alliance).
    The drop rate seems really low though, I opened well over 30 chests but only got 2 motif pages.

Can anyone say something about the drop rate of these alliance motif pages in the IC trophy chests and random chests in the districts/sewers?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer