Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help with a glitched quest

Revenant1367
Revenant1367
Soul Shriven
Is there any way to un-glitch "The Skin-Stealer's Lair"? I abandoned the quest halfway through, but I haven't been able to pick the quest back up. The NPC who gives it doesn't spawn. I haven't been able to progress through Shadowfen at all and I'm kind of stuck now - can't really do anything.

Is there any way around it? Like some magical quest-NPC-summoning ritual I can do to lure him out of wherever he's hiding? Or is my character's quest chain basically ruined?

(Also how do I get rid of the thread I put in the wrong forum? I think I should've put it here in the first place...)
Edited by Revenant1367 on March 8, 2016 3:01AM
I have no idea what I am doing
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing to try is to go back to the last quest and talk to the NPCs there

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Trail_of_the_Skin-Stealer

In other words, just go into the cave and talk to a vice cannon.
    Edited by Nestor on March 8, 2016 3:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Revenant1367
    Revenant1367
    Soul Shriven
    Checked that cave, as well as Stormhold and Silyanorn Ruins (from the quests before that). No quest NPCs at all. There's no vicecanons in the cave. I've rode up and down the entire area between Stormhold and Ten-Maur-Wolk, no quests at all except for the crafting writs.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/124693/unable-to-start-quest-the-skin-stealers-lair-after-abandoning-it

This is the only other thread I could find on the subject. It's supposedly glitched and will break the entire zone storyline. I've got a ticket open, but it said that customer support doesn't help with quests. Since this seems more like a game glitch than quest help I thought I'd give it a go, but I'm not sure if it'll work.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just did this one Sunday night ironically.

The cave you need to go into is in Ten Maur Walk, battle through the mobs and you will see it. There are friendly NPCs in there. The vice cannon you need to talk to should be in there.

Also, try going back to the Fighters Guild in the main city and see if the vice cannon in there will talk to you.

• Revenant1367
    Revenant1367
    Soul Shriven
    This cave? http://i.imgur.com/VmZXP0V.jpg

Just did a few laps of the Fighter's Guild - no vicecanons at all.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it.

Hrondar should be just outside Ten Maur near the road if he is not at the FG
    Edited by Nestor on March 8, 2016 7:10PM

• Revenant1367
    Revenant1367
    Soul Shriven
    No Hrondar on the road - I've searched the area several times, tried relogging and everything, no sign of him at all.

This is kind of frustrating because I can't really do anything ingame other than get three-shot in Cyrodiil with my quests glitched :\
    Edited by Revenant1367 on March 8, 2016 7:27PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Hrondar on the road - I've searched the area several times, tried relogging and everything, no sign of him at all.

This is kind of frustrating because I can't really do anything ingame other than get three-shot in Cyrodiil with my quests glitched :\

Support should move the quest stage along for you, they have done this in the past. Open a ticket with them and tell them you need to have the Trail of the Skin-Stealer quest stage started.

• Revenant1367
    Revenant1367
    Soul Shriven
    I'm hoping the ticket works. I've also got another ticket open because my health regeneration is glitched and stuck at 0, heh... I've really messed my character up, haven't I? Part of me wants to just delete him and remake him and hope that I won't encounter these bugs again.

Thanks for the advice and such, though. I appreciate it!