Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sticky a Thread listing Master Crafters?

The_Tip
The_Tip
✭✭✭
I was thinking we should have the forum mods sticky a thread with Master Crafters, making it easier for them to help people along who need gear, research can be a pain, and new players can be turned off pretty easily once they figure out the deal and how long they have to wait to make their own set of end game armor. A Simple list with GT and Server would work.

a few things you'd obviously want to consider

-Members on list could not charge, who ever turned away a Tip though.
-Must have 9 Traits on TBD number of Items, or all from a specific category
-Must be a member of the forums, and not have any negative reputation within the ESO community.

just a thought
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Tip wrote: »
    I was thinking we should have the forum mods sticky a thread with Master Crafters, making it easier for them to help people along who need gear, research can be a pain, and new players can be turned off pretty easily once they figure out the deal and how long they have to wait to make their own set of end game armor. A Simple list with GT and Server would work.

a few things you'd obviously want to consider

-Members on list could not charge, who ever turned away a Tip though.
    -Must have 9 Traits on TBD number of Items, or all from a specific category
    -Must be a member of the forums, and not have any negative reputation within the ESO community.

just a thought

The forum is not for arranging trades so why would those running the forum choose to sticky a thread for arranging trades?
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    its not for trading, its for knowing who the most able and accessible crafters are in the game. This takes dedication, time, and considerable effort to achieve and it's pretty hard for the casual player to find someone who knows 9 traits on the 5 pieces of gear he needs, plus weapons, and enchantments.

My bad for trying to shine a little light on the Master Crafters, and get people geared to experience end game content sooner rather than later.
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    Also it'd be mostly community made, and stickied by a Mod, they'd do virtually no work, because you'd volunteer yourself for the list. Not everyone wants to work for free, or wants to take requests for gear at all, and I get that side of it too. However, I'd like to believe some crafters within the community would like the recognition, and or ability to help it grow more.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a good idea, but I don't think you'll get a sticky. You could start a thread yourself though, call it something like "List of Master Crafters Prepared to Help the Community" and explain like you did in your op here. People don't have to list themselves. Explain, like you did here that, it wouldn't be for trade and it shouldn't break any rules. I couldn't tell you how many would participate, might be none. But yeah good idea anyway.
    PC | EU
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    I aint doin master crafts for free lol and tips is a good way to get 2k for a set off purple twice born screw that
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt ask people to do it for free, most people Tip for such a service, and the Materials would have to be provided obviously, it's upwards of 400k just to get enough Ancestor Silk to make 8 pieces of light armor, never mind everything else that goes into it.

I got the answers I need though, the Forums are a poor place to go for 'community' in a game like this I guess. Heres to hoping it improves, but I know it probably won't.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Tip wrote: »
    its not for trading, its for knowing who the most able and accessible crafters are in the game. This takes dedication, time, and considerable effort to achieve and it's pretty hard for the casual player to find someone who knows 9 traits on the 5 pieces of gear he needs, plus weapons, and enchantments.

My bad for trying to shine a little light on the Master Crafters, and get people geared to experience end game content sooner rather than later.

Well maybe it is a grey area personally if you can get away with it then sure why not but it is kinda close to trading so unlikely you will get support but best of luck.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want people to know, I don't want to be bugged by players wanting gear made, if someone is asking in chat and if I feel like it I might answer if not i don't.Thats my choice .