The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dungeon grouping with friends from other Alliances

Nomickk
Nomickk
Hi everyone, I am assuming that we can't currently group with friends from other alliances for a group dungeon.
Is there anything in the works, where we can form a group with friends and/or guildies?

If not, why not? It ruins a good part of the fun of group dungeons because you can't group with people that are in different alliances. For pvp I can understand, for a group dungeon we are all doing it for the undaunted guild, so all alliances are working for the same guild at that point anyways.
  • Havonic
    Havonic
    I believe they're adding alliance-grouping for dungeons in a future update, possibly Thieves Guild?

But yes, I agree. There are a few AD guild-members of mine and despite my hatred towards AD ;0, they're good people. lol
    PS4 - NA
    Paragon of Regents of Void
    DC - Templar Tank v9
    DC - Dragonknight PvP lvl23
    DC - Templar Healer lvl12

PSN: Havonic
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nomickk wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am assuming that we can't currently group with friends from other alliances for a group dungeon.
    Is there anything in the works, where we can form a group with friends and/or guildies?

If not, why not? It ruins a good part of the fun of group dungeons because you can't group with people that are in different alliances. For pvp I can understand, for a group dungeon we are all doing it for the undaunted guild, so all alliances are working for the same guild at that point anyways.

Groupfind them. Groupfinder currently looks through people of all alliances(and shows them all as AD lol). Coordinate and start the search at the same time; works best if you have 3 people ready and just need a 4th from another alliance, then you can simply have him set his role to tank and it'll work much faster because there're less tanks(doesn't imply he has to tank, just set his role to "tank" for groupfinder while everyone else sets their roles for non-tanks). You do sometimes end up with random players you have to apologize to and kick this way and might take a few tries but it's very possible. On average takes us like 10 seconds search if we start at once.

There're several things to keep in mind though - none of you can be in Cyrodiil while using groupfinder, it'll simply kick you from cross alliance group if you enter Cyro and it won't let you actually use the groupfinder from Cyrodiil as well. When you use it you will also (usually) get a very annoying forceport - as soon as the group forms you'll get ported to the dungeon within 60 seconds. If you forgot your pledge or whatever, you can port out but you WILL get forceported back again after another 60 seconds...

Groupfinder also doesn't currently work for Trials and DSA.
  • Lyrebon
    Lyrebon
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope they allow more than the group finder for cross Alliance dungeoning. I don't see how it'd be a problem to create a group with guild members even if you're playing as different Alliances. It'd only be convenient for those who like playing through different story content with new characters but don't want to break their immersion with Cadwell's Almenac.
  • Kukesh
    Kukesh
    ✭✭✭
    Cross alliance will be possible after TG patch I believe...
    Update is running now on megaservers, so time for ESO forum :)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This group finder tool is soo awesome. Its been 3 days and 3 nights and still have not found a group for "Crypt of Hearts".

LFG for Grypt of Hearts
    NA/PC/DC
    @vamp.emily
    Level 33, DPS
    Normal playing time: 6:00pm to 12:00am ( EST )

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)