Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vamp or Werewolf?

coldhunter
Hey, I'm trying to decide whether or not to become a werewolf or a vampire. I'm a bow/2h nord NB. So stam is my main stat. 0 magika. I've looked up a little bit on both so I know a little bit but some of the stuff was from old posts so still not sure. I know werewolf benefits more from mainly using stamina, but it seems essential that you slot the ultimate, not sure if I want to do that. I know vamps need to feed and are more vulnerable to fire, but they have a whole skill line and you don't have to transform to use them.
Basically if you must have your ult slotted for werewolf I probably don't want that but I'd still like to hear what they have to offer.
And for vamps, would it be beneficial for me being stamina based to go this route.
All responses are appreciated.
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    You can have the Wolf slotted on one ultimate and use the other one for something different
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam user? Go WW. But don't go WW unless you plan on using it; it's just not worth it otherwise.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a NB, being a vamp is always beneficial. You do high damage while invisible, but you are squishy. Werewolf works great if you know how to use it.
  • Vekoeros
    Vekoeros
    ✭✭
    I play a stamina NB and going vamp was one of the better in game decisions I could have made. Bat swarm is an amazing ultimate and the added stealth benefits have been extremely helpful.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I have werewolf on both my characters (Stan NB and Stam DK). On the DK its mostly just for fun, I can run through groups of enemies without any cares just ripping stuff up, though otherwise I do just fine. On the NB it's more of an insurance policy, when a fight starts getting really bad or I'm completely surrounded it helps me survive where otherwise I'm too squishy to survive long. Although I will grant that my NB is currently weaker and lower leveled so that will probably change over time.

I will add though that werewolf is a whole lot of fun. There's nothing quite like running through countless enemies tearing them up and devouring them and just going until everything's dead
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I have both and although I've had the vamp longer she still seams weaker and slower to level up.