Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Fastest Blacksmithing Method?

Heisennburgg
Hey guys, I'm trying to power level my blacksmithing, currently level 30 I believe. Just wondering what the current fastest ways to level blacksmithing? Thanks in advance!
Alawen Springshade | Breton | Magicka Sorcerer | DPS | 200CP | Ebonhart Pact

Spartan Legion | Immortal Fury

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

[PC] [NA]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one way to level Blacksmithing with any decent progress, Decon gear. Intricates give almost 300%, so find or buy those in guild stores.

You get bupkiss for making things, and Writs do provide decent inspiration, but not to the point of power leveling it.

So, go farm Public Dungeons and Zombie/Bloodfiend spawn points and decon your loot.
    Edited by Nestor on March 3, 2016 8:32PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have your vet character give items to your new character to decon, especially intricate ones.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check guild stores for high level “Intricate” items, green quality and above also give a little more experience, but not as good as intricate items of the same level (even if they are white).
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you are good @ leveling and have a high level VR character - anything VR4-16 ( especially 16 ) you can max it in less than a week for free.

Just by deconstructing your metal drops.

So you won't have to pay a cent for any guild store items.

IF you are loaded with cash buy the highest level gear you can find with the intricate trait and start spamming E R under your deconstruction tab at the anvil :wink:

I have maxed Blacksmithing on 2 extra characters just from what my VR16's pick up and deconstructing those drops on chars ( mind you I would recommend staying away from VR15 & 16 gear ) until you can actually have either Blacksmiting level 10 or VR15 / 16 just because if you decon it you will not yield resources and they will probably be more expensive anyway.

So start with level 28-VR14 intricate until you reach level 40 then make sure to put those points into 10/10 and decon anything you like :smiley:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just grind stuff and decon drops.

With an inventory of 90, you can get a level or two in all 3 professions, depending which you get most of. Can take 15-20 minutes depending on spot you're grinding
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get to cold harbour and steal your way to the top
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Steal items and deconstruct them.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get very little inspiration from stolen good.

Stealing is like the slowest way possible. They patched that ages ago.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Buy intricate items from guild traders
    2. Have a high level friend create items for you to decon
    3. If you have a higher level character run public dungeons and decon on your power leveller but if not, just run them on your power leveller.
    4. Do daily writs as these provide intricate items fairly regularly - stealing and deconning can provide the mats for you
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Yep, although there are some caveats to this. There seem to be two different values of stolen items. I don't remember the exact numbers but say a chest piece that has a pre-laundered value of 54 vs say 27 gold. Of course there are still items that are 0 when you steal them and launder to a 0 value item. If you launder the higher value items, it gives full inspiration on decon, if you launder the lower value items, they go to 0 and provide almost no inspiration. If you improve the 0 value items to Green, then you get full inspiration again. I have not tested a high value item with decon to see if that needs to be laundered or not first.

However, unless you actually take the item and look at it in your inventory, you won't see the value. So, it's pretty much not worth stealing and deconning anymore since they fixed it. But, they are nice to steal and Fence for Gold as at least now the chances of stealing something with 0 value is lower than before (but still kind of common to get 0 value items as stolen loot)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    steal items

and decon

Good luck have fun
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4. Do daily writs as these provide intricate items fairly regularly - stealing and deconning can provide the mats for you

Unfortunately, with the TG update, all stolen gear will only provide 1 material upon decon. This does not affect style/trait stones or tempers, just the basic material. So, yeah, after TG, you'll only get 1 ingot/wood/etc. upon decon of stolen gear.
    Mojmir wrote: »

Well...in the Hollow City, nothing is owned, so you can't steal there. However, you can take all the gear laying around (0 value) and upgrade them to green and give those to alts to decon. It's how I use up all those extra green mats (since they don't sell for much).
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 4, 2016 8:30PM
  • Heisennburgg
    thanks everyone, gonna try stacking a bunch of intricate stuff then deconing them! much appreciated! :)
    Alawen Springshade | Breton | Magicka Sorcerer | DPS | 200CP | Ebonhart Pact

Spartan Legion | Immortal Fury

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"

[PC] [NA]
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Quest and Break everything down, do writs everyday too they give great xp for crafters.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Yes, and no. Yes, you get only 25% of the normal inspiration from a stolen item, and little or no mats back with the decon, even if you've maxed the decon passive. No, that doesn't mean you can't steal your way to the top though. If you upgrade stolen gear, it goes back to full decon inspiration and you'll get the normal rate of return on mats upon decon.

I've got all of my crafting to 50, so I now have a thriving niche business selling upgraded intricates to people who are power leveling crafting on their toons. I only sell green and some blue intricates (clothing and woodworking only due to upgrade mat costs), and make quite a lot of money doing so.

Green intricates (285% bonus) sell all day for 600g ea, and blue intricates (290% bonus) sell for 1000g ea.
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Unfortunately, with the TG update, all stolen gear will only provide 1 material upon decon. This does not affect style/trait stones or tempers, just the basic material. So, yeah, after TG, you'll only get 1 ingot/wood/etc. upon decon of stolen gear.
    Mojmir wrote: »

Well...in the Hollow City, nothing is owned, so you can't steal there. However, you can take all the gear laying around (0 value) and upgrade them to green and give those to alts to decon. It's how I use up all those extra green mats (since they don't sell for much).

Remember, the more you mention these things, the more chance there is that they patch these things.
    I shouldn't even be posting this. I recommend that everyone goes into the sneak mode...
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy