Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any Auction House Tips?

RSTAR7824
RSTAR7824
I have less than 10,000 gold between my two V16 characters, I recently managed to get in a really good selling guild but I'm not really sure what I should be selling. Does anyone have any good tips for selling things? I have been selling anything I could get my hands on, blues and purples mostly. Neither very good but I have been selling for a decent price, the only things that have sold are some Mercenary motifs for really cheap. I'm on PS4 so prices are probably different, at this rate I won't be able too afford the weekly due of 5k.
Edited by RSTAR7824 on March 4, 2016 4:55AM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell a gold temper=2 weeks membership. V16 stuff sells well like I heard someone say an outlandishly high price a stack. Worms sells well. columbine for around 100(or was it 200) each. finally PvP sets sell quite well.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSTAR7824 wrote: »
    I recently managed to get in a really good selling guild but I'm not really sure what I should be selling.

Tempers
    Raw Materials
    Refined Materials
    Nirn Stones
    Flowers for Alchemy
    Treasure Maps
    Traited items for research purposes
    Intricate Items for deconning
    Dropped Set items
    Improved items so people can extract a temper (sell for just less than Temper Price)
    Enchanting Potencies (and Aspects)
    Tri-Pots
    Provisioning Ingredients
    VR15 Purple Foods/Drinks
    Filled Soul Gems
    Blue and Purple Recipes
    Green Recipes used for Writs
    Motifs
    Glyphs (VR15/16 Purple and Gold Attribute for most purposes)

Those are what move for me with regularity. I price below market prices as I am more interested in Gold per hour, not max gold per item.

However you can make 5K to 10K a day from Stealing and Fencing. Also, steal provisioning ingredients, and make foods and drinks and sell those to game merchants. I can clear 30K to 40K a week converting all my excess provisioning ingredients to foods/drinks and selling to game merchants (not the kiosks, no player will buy this stuff unless it is Writ related) Just make the highest level green recipe stuff you can make. Blues sell to vendors for the same as Greens and Purples only sell for one gold more.

Edited by Nestor on March 4, 2016 5:00PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    RSTAR7824 wrote: »
    I have less than 10,000 gold between my two V16 characters, I recently managed to get in a really good selling guild but I'm not really sure what I should be selling. Does anyone have any good tips for selling things? I have been selling anything I could get my hands on, blues and purples mostly. Neither very good but I have been selling for a decent price, the only things that have sold are some Mercenary motifs for really cheap. I'm on PS4 so prices are probably different, at this rate I won't be able too afford the weekly due of 5k.

If you do max level writs for both those char.'s you should have plenty to sell, gold tempers around 10k, glass frag 3k, ambrosia frag (yeah right good luck on that drop) 30k, VR16 mats 50 for 10k. As always check other traders to make sure you are inline with market prices.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The prices vary wildly between console and PC. Columbine, for example is generally 1000 or more on XBox. Regardless here is what you need to do to make an honest living on the trade market.

1) Sell items that make other items. Say it costs you 100K to make a VR16 item. Chances are you will never see a profit from selling that item on the AU. Instead, sell the parts to make the item. Grab 10k for the Temper, another 50k from the mats, another 10k from the kuta, etc. Mats > Final product 99.9999% of the time.

2) Sell products people will always need. I made my ESO living for a long time off of filled grand soul gems. They cost 121 each so a group of 5 costs me 605. I've resold them anywhere from 850 to 1450 for 5. My price has settled at 950. If you have the soul magic skill that lets you capture multiple souls you can fill up 200 in any VR area in 30 minutes or less. The margin isn't huge but it's consistant profit since PVPers will always need them.

3) Don't bother selling things for ridiculous prices. Before you post something check each of your 5 guild stores. Find out how much that product is going for. If none exist, only then put it up for something absurd. I make like 50k one day from a single perfect roe the day it came out. Of course it lead me to getting kicked out for undercutting but whatever.

4) Always undercut. If you really want to sell something list it for 10 to 20% lower than everyone else. Someone will buy it within a day and resell it at the normal price.

Summary: Sell products people want (no one wants a VR11 blue helm), or people need (VR16 materials, soul gems etc). Sell at affordable and researched prices.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on March 4, 2016 8:59PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4) Always undercut. If you really want to sell something list it for 10 to 20% lower than everyone else. Someone will buy it within a day and resell it at the normal price.

Yes, if you want to move something, sell it for less. But, do at least what is mentioned above. Don't be a tool and sell something for 499 against another listing for 500 gold. That is not cricket. Sell at a discount if your going to discount. Remember, an unsold item nets you 0 gold, a sold item is pretty much pure profit if you compare it to NPC Vendor pricing when you sell to them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Yes, if you want to move something, sell it for less. But, do at least what is mentioned above. Don't be a tool and sell something for 499 against another listing for 500 gold. That is not cricket. Sell at a discount if your going to discount. Remember, an unsold item nets you 0 gold, a sold item is pretty much pure profit if you compare it to NPC Vendor pricing when you sell to them.

Good point. Yes, reminds me of the time I saw someone bid $1 on Price-Is-Right first. Winning bid ... $4.