Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enter Group Dungeons with low level

lukaska
lukaska
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,

I find myself in a little bit of trouble. I'm VR8 now and never done a group dungeon because I feel a bit inconfident with my skills and due to missing text chat at xbox one. I thought I could enter the low level group dungeons now and clear them solo, but they scale up with my level.

This wasn't the case last time I played ESO on my computer. Is there any way that I can make the dungeons not to scale with my level.

All kind of help is welcome.

Thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group with someone who is low level, make them group leader, then enter the dungeon.

Note, if you use the Group Finder to form your group, your all battle leveled to VR16, same with the Mobs in the dungeons, but the loot is scaled to your natural levels
    Edited by Nestor on March 3, 2016 4:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• lukaska
    lukaska
    Soul Shriven
    And if I don't know anyone ingame? Any way to do all of this solo?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lukaska wrote: »

Not by any method I am aware of
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a mandatory scaling. It will always scale up to leaders level. It is notable that it does not scale down.

Text chat is coming soon, so you should be able to ask for help. PUGS are iffy, but they do work if you are not part of a guild.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet if you call out in zone for some help in the zone you are trying to do the dungeon you will get some help. Again, make sure your lower level compatriots are the leader and you will be a God in there. I remember when I was a little lowbie and trying to actually get through a dungeon and a Vet came along and offered to help - I was in awe.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • ForlornBeliever
    It's worth mentioning that the group dungeons do have a level limit. They will not scale down past a certain level but can all scale up to V16.
    Edited by ForlornBeliever on March 3, 2016 8:26PM
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • lukaska
    lukaska
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks a lot for your help guys :smile:
    Text chat for consoles will arrive with dark brotherhood dlc right?
    I'll give it a try to just stand in front of some low level dungeons and ask lower players if I may clear the dungeon for theme.

Have a nice weekend
  • surlytroll

I also started doing dungeons after vet level and it took a bit to get the hang of it, but I was matched up with some patient groups early on. If you use group finder I think it helps to start with the zone 1 dungeons. I usually end up with people level 15-30 in there and they are just learning as well. That can be a mixed bag since they dont know what they are doing either but if people are talking and want to learn it can be a good experience. I often prefer it to the higher level groups just rushing through.

If you are interested in running any dungeons send me an invite or friend me gt: surlytroll I have characters in all 3 factions and depending on your role and faction I have a friend trying to level up some of his low level chars who would be happy to run as well.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one disadvantage to the scaling.

If you are not as confident in combat, or are not as good of a player for whatever reason, it used to be possible to complete content by coming back later when the advantage was tipped in the player's favor. With recent scaling changes, this is no longer possible. As the game continues to be developed, this will increasingly be an issue.

Grouping is an option, but if the player is particularly challenged by at-level scaled content, a group would have to carry that player. That can be stressful to both the party and the player.

MMO or not, I think that this game has a high "solo" population, for whatever reason they choose to play that way.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    lukaska wrote: »

I don't mean to be an ass but they are call group for a reason. If I was on xbox I would help you unfortunately I am not.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured