Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Certified, but can't get writs....

negrath2000prb19_ESO
negrath2000prb19_ESO
Soul Shriven
visiting the certifiers have them telling me they can teach me about 'other things as well', presumably meaning they have taught me the things missing from their lists. and yet, whichever board I go to, in any city...nothing. and a message telling me to get certified.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 6 certification quests in all: Equipment: Clothier, Blacksmithing, and Woodworking given by Milenith at the Fighters Guild, and Consumable: Provisioning, Enchanting, and Alchemy given by Danel Telano at the Mage’s guild. If you are already level 10 in the craft you can ask them to certify you immediately, otherwise you will have to go through a few simple steps - go collect materials, craft this, deconstruct that, show them your work, and then they certify you - complete the quest and receive some little reward pertaining to the craft you were just certified for.

After this, you should be able to immediately go to the writ board and pick up writs for whichever crafts you have already been certified for. If you have done this and the writ boards aren’t offering you writs, try logging out and back in, or checking back the next day. If they still aren’t offering writs, then you should send in a bug report - and also keep checking back.

If you only want to do some of the crafting writs, you do not need to become certified in all of them, and can ignore the mention of still being able to teach you more. So, say you just want to do clothing and alchemy, just do the certification quests for those two, and then the writ boards should show you only those two writs are available.

You cannot pick up writs from boards in veteran zones of other factions - if your faction is Ebonheart Pact you would not be able to pick up wits in Elden Root or Sentinel for example once you reach those locations, you must return to your home faction cities. You can pick up any Level of writ from any city in your faction though, you don’t have to be in the same level zone as your crafting level.

You can find Danel Telano and Milenith in the main starter city of your faction: Daggerfall, Davon’s Watch, or Vulkhel Guard.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on March 4, 2016 2:15AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your character also has to be level 6, I think, in order to be able to complete the certification quests and become certified.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Jayne said, level 6 is required. I had the same issue on an alt provisioner.