The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loyalty items"?"

BGruchallab14_ESO
BGruchallab14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello, Now that the Loyalty program is over now; Any chance we could see the items that those whom didnt get can find them in the Crown store in the future.

Also, what's the point now being a ESO plus member for those whom can buy anything in the Crown store now.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not. That would seriously devalue the items for those people who received them in the first year.

For me, the point of being an ESO Plus member is to try-before-you-buy for the DLCs. If you like it, you can use the ESO Plus Crowns to buy it; if you don't, when you're sub ends you can save the Crowns for something else. There's also the upcoming ESO Plus Crafting Bags which many crafters would say was a good reason to sub to ESO Plus.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello, Now that the Loyalty program is over now; Any chance we could see the items that those whom didnt get can find them in the Crown store in the future.

Also, what's the point now being a ESO plus member for those whom can buy anything in the Crown store now.

Absolutely not! Those were for people who were subbing throughout the life of ESO,from the beginning.Not for just anyone who buys the game.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Those items were for early, long term supporters of the game; people that stuck with it through the bugs and other issues early in the game
    Beta tester November 2013
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I do no want anyone who did not maintain subscription as I did to get what was awarded to me. All your Dwemer Spheres and Striped Senche are belong to us.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: I don't own any of these items.

The only way I could see them bringing them back is if it was done under the same conditions: You subscribe to ESO+ for 3 months and you get a High Hrothgar Wraith, 6 months to get a Dwemer Sphere, 9 months to get the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter...and so on.

The problem would be whether they make it retroactive - if you've subbed for 9 months or more since the game went B2P do you get the rewards right away? Or would it be starting from scratch so everyone who doesn't already have them has to sub from the point they're reintroduced onwards? And if it's not retroactive what about people who subbed before and already have the first round of rewards? Does that count or are they starting from scratch and have to earn those again before they can get new ones?

I'm also not sure what they'd do about the senche-tiger. It was technically a loyalty reward like the others but it was presented as being much more special and specifically for people who subbed during the first year when you had to. (Which is also why it was a 10-month reward instead of a 12-month one.)

In that case it might be better to do a new variant to be a 12-month loyalty reward instead of making the tiger available to new people.

Edit: Edited to remove redundant and repetitive sentence structure.
    Edited by Danikat on February 19, 2016 7:47PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, nevermind.
    Edited by Xeven on February 19, 2016 7:29PM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who did miss out on the tiger ( I was on a hiatus due to work and wasn't aware of the tiger ) I wouldn't be opposed to the same conditions for the items.

After all if they can just "sell" the Imperial edition for a measly $20 on the crown store where as I paid nearly x2 as much for the Collectors edition ( Imperial Edition ) hard-copy of the game. Surely the same rule can apply? I mean the base game was what $60 for most, add $20 that's $80! I paid $159.99 so yeah quite the unfair feature there if all I wanted was to play as an Imperial & have a white horse.

This was not disclosed @ launch that they would be making it free. I am not sour about it and glad others also get to experience the nice features / racial passives that Imperials have to offer. My point though is if they want to make it fair they should make it all fair not discriminate and decide - we will screw these guys who bought exclusive things but we will not allow other players what we rewarded these guys...

IF you really have to put up a "paywall" for it then make it so that a player has to purchase x6 months in one go at least. OR be subscribed for 1 year without end ( like it was ).

So given my valid argument about the Imperial edition which was also "exclusive" do you other posters think it fair?
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    After all if they can just "sell" the Imperial edition for a measly $20 on the crown store where as I paid nearly x2 as much for the Collectors edition ( Imperial Edition ) hard-copy of the game. Surely the same rule can apply? I mean the base game was what $60 for most, add $20 that's $80! I paid $159.99 so yeah quite the unfair feature there if all I wanted was to play as an Imperial & have a white horse.

This was not disclosed @ launch that they would be making it free. I am not sour about it and glad others also get to experience the nice features / racial passives that Imperials have to offer. My point though is if they want to make it fair they should make it all fair not discriminate and decide - we will screw these guys who bought exclusive things but we will not allow other players what we rewarded these guys...

So given my valid argument about the Imperial edition which was also "exclusive" do you other posters think it fair?
    The Imperial Edition is not free, and they never said the in-game bonuses would be a limited time offer. The extra cost for the physical version was for the stuff that was limited; the art book, the statue, and the map. The digital portion of the Imperial Edition has always been available for $20 (since April 2014), for anyone who "wanted to play as an Imperial and have a white horse" without getting all the in-box stuff.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They arent going to put the striped senche in the store but the other senche mounts are exactly the same. Only difference is the skin.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that the only way to offer these again would be to keep them as loyalty REWARDS under similar conditions, NOT something that you can just purchase in the Crown Store.

I've gone back and forth on this in the past, even posting suggestions for making them available in the store (price points, limited time, etc.). However, I've since settled back to them remaining as REWARDS, meaning you don't pay for them in and of themselves, but they are rewards for loyalty.

I like their new loyalty program, where you get a "free" item just for either purchasing the DLC or remaining an ESO+ member. This rewards both kinds of loyalty. And, you're not spending money specifically on these items, but they are a reward for spending your money on the DLC or ESO+.

I wouldn't necessarily be averse to seeing the PC loyalty rewards re-introduced as future rewards, but I'd rather they remain exclusive to the PC loyalty program.

Disclaimer: I have all of the PC loyalty rewards.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are consoles getting loyalty pets when TG dops @Enodoc ?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are consoles getting loyalty pets when TG dops @Enodoc ?
    @RAGUNAnoOne As far as I know, yes. Just like PC players, console players will get the new DLC loyalty pets on first entering the DLC zone. So you'll get an Echelette when you first enter Orsinium after the patch, and a Jackal when you first enter Abah's Landing.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

The Imperial Edition is not free, and they never said the in-game bonuses would be a limited time offer. The extra cost for the physical version was for the stuff that was limited; the art book, the statue, and the map. The digital portion of the Imperial Edition has always been available for $20 (since April 2014), for anyone who "wanted to play as an Imperial and have a white horse" without getting all the in-box stuff.

Regardless on whether or not it was made available at launch day in game. They didn't advertise on the standard box of the game that you can buy imperial edition in game pre-launch.
    $20 is free compared to $100 extra so yeah free...

And instead of pointing out minor things in my post ( which you actually just misunderstood by what I meant with "free" I didn't mean it as literal as you took it ) how about answering the question which was :
    do you other posters think it fair?

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And instead of pointing out minor things in my post ( which you actually just misunderstood by what I meant with "free" I didn't mean it as literal as you took it ) how about answering the question which was :

There was a caveat to that question, which you stated as:
    given my valid argument about the Imperial edition which was also "exclusive"
    My post was attempting to explain that the Imperial Edition was/is not exclusive, thus your argument is not valid (and by your own wording, your question should therefore not be answered).

The Imperial Edition is an extra cost, yes, but not exclusive, as anyone has been able to buy it at any time for the same price. The loyalty rewards were exclusive, and it would not be fair to offer them for sale in the Crown Store as it would devalue their purpose and existence as "loyalty rewards".
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

There was a caveat to that question, which you stated as:
    given my valid argument about the Imperial edition which was also "exclusive"
    My post was attempting to explain that the Imperial Edition was/is not exclusive, thus your argument is not valid (and by your own wording, your question should therefore not be answered).

The Imperial Edition is an extra cost, yes, but not exclusive, as anyone has been able to buy it at any time for the same price. The loyalty rewards were exclusive, and it would not be fair to offer them for sale in the Crown Store as it would devalue their purpose and existence as "loyalty rewards".

I agree.Those "Loyalty" pets were for those from the beginning who stuck it out at different stages.