Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Node Scaling

ADarklore
ADarklore
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know in Orsinium, Cyrodiil and future DLCs crafting material nodes scale, however, what exactly do they scale to? Is it your max crafting level or is it scaled based upon the level of item you have skill points put into? Example... if I have my Clothing leveled to 50, will node materials scale to 50, or do I also have to invest skill points into the ability to craft the highest material in order to receive max level, VR15-16 materials from the nodes?
CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is based on your crafting skill ( the level of item you have skill to craft ).
    If you have Blacksmithing at lvl 50, but you can only craft steel ( lvl 2 ), you will only get High Iron ore.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    It is based on your crafting skill ( the level of item you have skill to craft ).
    If you have Blacksmithing at lvl 50, but you can only craft steel ( lvl 2 ), you will only get High Iron ore.

Well that sucks... because I don't want to CRAFT with my current character, I just want him to be able to collect highest crafting mats while questing in DLCs for my crafting alt.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • FlipFl0p
    FlipFl0p
    ADarklore wrote: »
    hagermanj wrote: »

Well that sucks... because I don't want to CRAFT with my current character, I just want him to be able to collect highest crafting mats while questing in DLCs for my crafting alt.

Exactly the same here, I don't play my crafting character but he's maxed out on professions, my VR2 NB only does Alchemy and is getting low level ore etc I just don't need.
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭

Prepare to spend 30 skill points to max out blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking, then. Assuming you don't ALSO need highest level runes, then spend more. . .

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

Nodes should scale on Character level or Crafting Level

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"