The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ADVICE REQUEST: Dual Wielding Dunmer DK

Platorian
Platorian
✭✭
Hey Guys

This is probably a tedious question, but to put you in the picture, I’ve not long returned to the game, just reached Vet 16 and I’m looking to craft myself some Vet 16 armor, now what with the mental rubedite ore requirements per piece of Vet 16 crafted gear I want to make the armor once and only once, not mess it up by making the wrong set etc. So, I’m a Dunmer DK, primarily stamina abilities and a vampire. I’m wondering what’s the best mixture of sets to use? From everyone’s experience, I’ve looked around but to be honest and I’m not sure what is best.

In addition with regards to a good build, I want to optimise my damage for dungeons and PVP as well as PVE, now I know there’s no overall that’s best for all and maybe it’s best not to mix? But what advice to you other DK’s have for me? It’s all new to me and I’m not entirely sure. I’ve looked and quite fancy the following builds, any of yoo used them?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/230612/build-orsinium-update-stamina-dk-dps-off-tank-for-pvp-pve

http://esoacademy.com/builds/alduins-breath-pvp-dk-build/

I’m a dual wielder with 50/50, my bow has 50/50 and my sword and board is 50/50, 2H isn’t very high as I’ve never used it and staffs are all under level 15.

So any help I could get from you experienced guys would be awesome.

Thanks
  • Hazethemadman
    Hazethemadman
    ✭✭✭
    This really falls to personal taste in the end. As far as dual wielding goes I can tell you a thing or two.

Skills: For dual wielding you want to use unstable flame in a medium weave as your primary means of damage. The rest of your skills should augment this attack pattern to intensify damage. Good candidates are Burning breath which can give your target major fracture to drop their armor, Flames of oblivion which increases your weapon crit, and igneous weapons which increases your weapon damage output. The 5th is up in the air, you can use an AoE like steel tornado, or throw in a different attack like rapid strikes.

Back Bar: You have 2 options, bow (more for PvP) or 2h (more for PvE). If you are using a bow you want to weave poison injection and augment it with flames of oblivion & igneous weapons. Also throw in the occasional volley for AoE. If you want to use a 2h then you need to weave executioner and augment it with rally & igneous weapons, also using flames of oblivion, and critical charge to close ground.
    *The point in using 2h is to abuse executioner on tough targets or bosses. Use the DW to get the health down to 50%, then rip out the 2h and spam that executioner.

Armor & Weapons: You want to use a a combination of Hundings Rage (for the damage bonuses) and night mothers gaze (for the weapons crit & damage bonuses). Use the hundings rage armor set, and use a dagger and sword crafted for the night mothers set (dagger for crit and sword for damage, thanks to "twin blade and blunt")

Personally i abandoned the Stamina DK for a Magicka DK. From my experience the Magicka DK can deal better dps, but thats a different story.

Im no expert but I hope i helped a little at least.
    Samael- VR16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Bacchic Battery- 38 Magicka Sorcerer
    Nihil Dicit- 12 Magicka Templar
    Villion- 20 Stamina Nightblade
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think dual wield and bow will work on a stam dk. A stam dk needs to use weapon skills to compensate for the lack of stamina class skills.

Lucy build is better than the other one, however if you want to have gear thats good for pve and pvp then you 100% need to sue hundings rage. Best in slot dps gear as well as very good in pvp.

Try a 2h/s+b build, your either going to be a wb spammer or a animatiob cancel light attack, ransack/heroic slash and bash do deal dmg.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Platorian
    Platorian
    ✭✭
    I don't think dual wield and bow will work on a stam dk. A stam dk needs to use weapon skills to compensate for the lack of stamina class skills.

Lucy build is better than the other one, however if you want to have gear thats good for pve and pvp then you 100% need to sue hundings rage. Best in slot dps gear as well as very good in pvp.

Try a 2h/s+b build, your either going to be a wb spammer or a animatiob cancel light attack, ransack/heroic slash and bash do deal dmg.

Hey

thanks for the advice, I've already made my Vet 16 gear, it's 5/5 Hundings and 3-4/5 of Nightmothers (depending on weapon choice) gone for Dual wield and 2H, Gears all up as far as Epic/legendary and all completely glyhped with legendary glyphs :)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platorian wrote: »

Hey

thanks for the advice, I've already made my Vet 16 gear, it's 5/5 Hundings and 3-4/5 of Nightmothers (depending on weapon choice) gone for Dual wield and 2H, Gears all up as far as Epic/legendary and all completely glyhped with legendary glyphs :)

Yeah that works, 2h for single target, dual wield of aoe and a kind of buff bar. It's a good set up for open world pvp or if you run in a group.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Platorian
    Platorian
    ✭✭
    This really falls to personal taste in the end. As far as dual wielding goes I can tell you a thing or two.

Skills: For dual wielding you want to use unstable flame in a medium weave as your primary means of damage. The rest of your skills should augment this attack pattern to intensify damage. Good candidates are Burning breath which can give your target major fracture to drop their armor, Flames of oblivion which increases your weapon crit, and igneous weapons which increases your weapon damage output. The 5th is up in the air, you can use an AoE like steel tornado, or throw in a different attack like rapid strikes.

Back Bar: You have 2 options, bow (more for PvP) or 2h (more for PvE). If you are using a bow you want to weave poison injection and augment it with flames of oblivion & igneous weapons. Also throw in the occasional volley for AoE. If you want to use a 2h then you need to weave executioner and augment it with rally & igneous weapons, also using flames of oblivion, and critical charge to close ground.
    *The point in using 2h is to abuse executioner on tough targets or bosses. Use the DW to get the health down to 50%, then rip out the 2h and spam that executioner.

Armor & Weapons: You want to use a a combination of Hundings Rage (for the damage bonuses) and night mothers gaze (for the weapons crit & damage bonuses). Use the hundings rage armor set, and use a dagger and sword crafted for the night mothers set (dagger for crit and sword for damage, thanks to "twin blade and blunt")

Personally i abandoned the Stamina DK for a Magicka DK. From my experience the Magicka DK can deal better dps, but thats a different story.

Im no expert but I hope i helped a little at least.

if I were to swap to a Magicka DK over a Stamina, what sort of skills/rotation would I use instead? AS post above, currently running DW and 2H